Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nachiket Rajendra Deshpande
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nachiket Rajendra DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My mouth is dry some times I am taking medicine for high BP & pulse rate as well. please tell me what can be done
I have developed some sort of sweeling on my lower lip or can say a lip sore. Its there since 3 days. What should I do for that?
I am 26 year old unmarried female I have wisdom tooth ache since 2 years which comes and goes at times. I feel it has even touch my gums at the edges inside. Please help.
My teeth is born yellow. It is not teeth color it is my teeth bonn color. Please tell me how could possible my teeth become white.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
Mostly I have bad smell to mouth I do brush daily twice a day till nothing better what should I do please suggest me?
If you have experienced sharp pain when you eat/drink hot, cold, sweet and sour food/drinks, or when you brush/floss your teeth, you may be suffering from tooth sensitivity provided that you do not have oral problems such as tooth decay. Even if you do not have any sensitive teeth, you are encouraged to read this article to prevent it.
What is Tooth Sensitivity? Tooth sensitivity is mainly caused by exposure of dentine (innermost layer) of the tooth to the oral environment. The dentine has numerous fine tubules which connect to the pulp. When the nerve endings in the pulp are irritated by external stimulus, sharp pain is felt.
The outermost layer of the crown is enamel. If the enamel has been damaged, the dentine will not be protected. The dentine of the root of a tooth is covered by the gum. If there is gum recession, the dentine of the root will be exposed.
Dentine Exposure is caused by:
1. Using a toothbrush with hard bristles
2. Brushing the teeth with excessive force or incorrect brushing technique, leading to gum recession and abrasion of the root surface
3. Periodontal disease, resulting from gum recession and exposure of root surfaces
4. Acid erosion of enamel due to frequent intake of highly acidic food or drinks.
5. Habitual teeth grinding which wears off the enamel
Management of tooth sensitivity
1. Consult the dentist and learn the correct tooth brushing technique to prevent further abrasion of root surfaces.
2. Use desensitizing toothpaste to relieve tooth sensitivity. Please consult your dentist before purchasing or using desensitizing toothpaste.
3. If dentine has been exposed, the dentist can apply topical fluoride or put a filling over the exposed surface to reduce the sensitivity.
4. If you habitually grind your teeth, the dentist may fabricate a “night guard” for you to wear over the teeth to prevent continual attrition of teeth.
5. Other than tooth sensitivity, dental problems such as tooth decay, gum disease and cracked tooth may also lead to toothache. Therefore, if you have a toothache, please consult your dentist to find out the reasons behind it.