Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. N V DalayaYour feedback matters!
I smoke 10 cigarette per day. I started smoking at the age of 17. My question is what will that affect to my body. Should it affect other body parts like brain?
I feel stress in my body 24 hours in a day. Actually I work on a shop n stand there 12 hours without any rest. So I feel very tired n do not know what to do? I m depressed. Plzz suggest something.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 48 yrs old I am suffering from bodyache above knee and below waist, I am also having blood clotting on skin showing blue red black colour spots.
I take more than 6 hours sleep daily still feel sleepy all time?? And because of this I can not do my studies as well. What is the reason?
I cant remember things. I forget very soon. Like I forget any singers name or a maths formula or a movie name. I was not facing this before. Please help.
I am getting sudden shock in special body parts like pelvic cavity while playing. I think this is due to weak nervous system. Suggest me a plan to get rid of this shocks and pains.
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Doctor its been a while idont know whats getting wrong with me, I get very weird thoughts in my mind also I am having anxiety problem from past 2 months like my hands shake I feel dizzy I get headache I get scared that something will happen to me I think alottttttt suicidal thoughts come in my mind also I feel so scared while stepping out of my house and going somewhere far please help me doctor I am so tensed please tell me the cure.
I have a memory loss problem. This could be due to B12 issue and I would want to reverse this .How do I do it?
I feel loneliness 3 year relation break of so I hv study taking wrong thing to forgot her what I have to do I cant live with her nor I can not live without her what you have to do.
sir or mam want to share my life part actually I goes to visit cosmetic surgeon and she put me in really very dangerous situation just putting me in such a dangerous paralysis just making me fool but now I am very serious regarding it I am in depression by again thinking thinking as pscyco please tell me how I should overcome sir please .
Hi Now a days, I use to forget things very frequently be it official or personal. pls suggest a suitable remedy. So far I have not consulted to any Doctor. I am 45 years
I regularly do smoking and drinking but really wanna quit from these all things. So can you please suggest me some really helpful tips so that I can be free from these bad habits?
It seems dramatic in movies and television soaps to see depressed people having with a heart ailment, but there is sound scientific evidence to show a strong correlation between depression and hypertension. Read on to see how these two diseases are correlated. With the cases of both diseases on the rise and the age of onset decreasing, this is concerning.
Studies have shown that people diagnosed with depression (and/or anxiety) are three to four times more likely to develop hypertension as compared to people with normal moods. More than the condition per se, the associated habits and effects of these conditions leads to hypertension.
It is common to notice that people who are depressed would tend to smoke excessively, consume a lot more alcohol, poor sleeping patterns, and have eating disorders (binging). All these lead to atherosclerosis, leading to plaque accumulation in the blood vessels and reducing their thickness. This leads to reduced blood flow to vital organs, leading to more severe complications like stroke and heart failure.
Another correlation is the hormones that are produced when a person is depressed (or stressed). These hormones (from the adrenal glands) have a vasoconstrictor effect, thereby reducing hypertension. The body is also on constant alert with these increased levels of hormones, thereby increasing the strain on the vital organs. Hypertension is therefore one of the many side effects of depression. The good news, however, is that both these conditions can be managed easily. There are definitely changes within one’s control which will help control both, and improve the overall quality of life.
- Eat healthy: While depression does lead you to end up feel-good foods like processes and junk items, tell yourself not to give in. Eating healthy and the benefits will be there for you to see. Eat less of salt, sugar, and fats.
- Relax and take a deep breath: Consciously make an effort to relax every day, even for a short while, and take deep breaths. This could be during yoga sessions, meditations, or as a part of routine exercise, but this should definitely be a part of your daily routine. Just check with your doctor to ensure you are not doing something that would not suit your medical condition.
- Keep your life simple: All of us feel rushed all the time, but review your to-do list to see and remove unimportant items. You would be surprised at how easier life can be.
- Sleep tight: A good night’s sleep can make you feel a lot more relaxed and energetic.
- Become positive: Change your perspective towards a more positive side and see life change.
Both depression and hypertension can be drastically managed (even eliminated) by doing these simple steps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.