Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. N R IchaporiaYour feedback matters!
My hand shivers slightly when I leave it free in air without any support. What is the cause and remedy to get rid of it?
Two years back, I got my nerves blocked in the region between neck and shoulder. Doctor prescribed me to take MRI scan. But I did not. Please suggests me so that to overcome the pain. Should I get to take an operation for this? Please help me.
On 4th April 2015 I got an Epilepsy attack in morning around 5 A.M. My wife told me that whole body got folded and after Epilepsy I was feeling vomiting issues. After 5 days I realized that some sound is coming from my mind or Ear I do not know but it is coming continuously. Till then I have contacted many Neuro /ENT .Some one says its Tinnitus and I have started medicine. Epilepsy : Encorate Chrono 500 MG two times (Regularly). For Tinnitus : Bilovas and rejunex cd. Some of my friends have told that you are not taking correct medicine for Epilepsy so you are hearing this sound as an side effect. I am not sure because all 3 Neuro doctors have prescribed me same medicine for Epilepsy. Kindly suggest me that if this can be the case or not. I am really confused and getting depressed / anxiety issues now.
Sir since more than 10 years I am suffering diabetic and from 3 months . I am suffering with foot flaming sensation and nerves flaming trouble . I am staying at hyderabad and aged 57 years so kindly advice sir.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
Hello Doctor, My forehead veins are swollen near the right temple. I had another one too on the left, but it's gone now. My head often aches from the childhood and I have got sinus too. The bring swells sometimes more and my head also aches. I am a regular smoker, drink around thrice a week and sleeps around 5-6 hrs in weekdays and 7-8 hrs in weekends.
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle co-ordination.
Lack of muscle co-ordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia)
Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
Walking with one foot or leg dragging
Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a'scissored' gait
Muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy
Cerebral palsy is usually due to brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury.
Ayurveda treatment for cerebral palsy:
Ayurveda has shown very good results in patients of cerebral palsy. Though cerebral palsy may not be fully cured, ayurvedic treatment can definitely help to reduce disability and improve the functioning of the affected individual to a great extent. The ayurvedic treatment of cerebral palsy focuses on treating the presenting symptoms and attempting to reverse the brain damage.
Medicines which help in improving the functional capacity of the brain and may also help in regeneration of damaged brain cells are:
Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
Mandukaparni (centella asiatica)
Shankhpushpi (convolvulus pluricaulis)
Jyotishmati (celastrus paniculatus)
Kushmand (benincasa hispida)
Ustukhuddus (lavandula stoechas)
Yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra)
Ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Shatavari (asparagus racemosus)
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Vacha (acorus calamus)
Haritaki (terminalia chebula)
Some of these medicines are also useful in preventing or reducing convulsions.
Medicines which helps in the formation of the muscles and tissues are:
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Amalaki (emblica officinalis)
Musta (cyperus rotundus)
Panch tikta ghrita
Panch tikta ghrita guggul
Pancha gavya ghrita
Medicines are used to improve nerve conduction and muscular co-ordination are:
Vata gajankush ras
Tapyadi loh ras
Panchakarma therapies which are useful in this condition are:
Abhyangam: massage of the entire body with medicated oils like mahanarayan oil, maha-mash-oil and maha-saindhav-oil are very useful.
Yogic postures useful in cerebral palsy are as follows:
Adho mukha svanasana
All these therapies and medicines show miraculous effect on the patients suffering from cerebral palsy.
(p. S: as every human being is different according to ayurveda, all have different cures. So, kindly consult us or an ayurveda doctor before taking any herbal treatments.)
I am suffering from migraine from 2009. Sometimes the pain is very severe and unbearable. Please help me out with a permanent cure for it.
My age is 24. My hands are shivering while doing sensitive works. What should I do give some suggestions to improve my energy levels.
Sir, I am physically and mentally fit I do fitness exercise regularly but I feel my brain muscles are weak I feel like sleeplessness and hotness and tiredness in brain please give me advise about food and any Ayurveda medicine help me sir or madam.
I am diabetic from last 14 years age is 53, now i feel numbness i socks and wrist portions and in foot also, please advise its curable and what precautions, medicines i take.
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.