Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N. R IchaporiaYour feedback matters!
Sir, please give me better advice to control the bad habit of maturation by the way I am not taking alcohol & cigrate, I am eating healthy food.
My frd have too small penis less than 4" He is 27 year old 5.7 feet n 72 kg. Is it ok for gud sex life?
I have read a clomn here if you drink green tea it good for help but now I read same column here that green tea is not good for health. Please tell me what to do?
I am 21yr old girl and m suffering from high obesity and diabetes. Please guide me for this disease.
I recently got married, first night I was not able to insert penis into her vagina, I get good erection, no issues with it, what gel or lubricant I can use and can get at medical stores.
His age is 34, height 5" 6, weight 92, Fasting blood sugar 127 and post lunch sugar is 138, after two months again he checked fasting is 137 and post lunch is 161. He is under stress because of his father expired after first checkup. Why too much increase in just two months, he usually takes rice two times daily and idli or dosa breakfast. Because of his father expire he is unable to do exercise also. At the time of first test his billi rubin is 1.8 and sgpt is 60, doctor suggested jaundice treatment, during this two months he avoids non veg and alcohol except couple of times, now his bilirubin same at 8 and sgpt at 68, is the jaundice is reason for sudden increase in sugar levels, if he does exercise regularly that sugar will come normal level in two months, what the diet he has to take, please suggest.
I am having cold from last 2 days. Runny nose, sneezing, throat pain. Pls suggest treatment. I am 42 year old male with no other health problems.
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
My son issuffering from fever from last 2 days, I give him medicine. When he take medicine he quite well but after sometime again fever come.
I am a male of age 18 and I think I am getting addicted of masturbation how to get control over it. Or is it good to this at this age?
My husband is suffering from skin infection 'herper zoster'.He has epilepsy. Can he use his epilepsy medicines along with skin infection medicines? He is using oxmazetol 300 mg in the mornings and 500 mg in the night.
I am 32 years old and have problem of ejaculation ,when we go to toilet than sperm discharge with urine.
Meri mom ki diabetes hai unki report mai HbA1c 7.84% Haemoglobin 10.1 Hdl cholesterol 28 Post prandial glucose 182 Fasting blood glucose 104. Please advice
Trouble in sleeping. Can not sleep early nearly take 60 mins to grt sleep while in bed. Give advice.
I want to know more about ankle sprain. It cause mainly during jogging and training time. Please find me a solution.
I have a consistent irritation in my throat for the past several weeks. No pain or cough. I am a very light smoker (1 or 2 sticks a day). Have tried using all sorts of cough syrups but the problem does not go away permanently. Result is I have to constantly clear my throat and it is very embarrassing to do repeatedly during meetings and social gatherings.
What are the benefits of omega 3 capsules which consist fish oil. How much should be daily intake for how long.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.