Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. N. NaharYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from pain in legs and feet. Recently her reports showed high uric acid (8.7). Though she is medicated, I would be highly obliged if you can suggest some home remedies, what should be eaten and what not ?
I have immense pain in my lower back since the previous 6 months. Please suggest what to do over this. The pain is exponentially increasing with time.
While travellingby ihad my left kneeslightly twisted there was no swelling but there wasa slight pain onthe side of left knee.Iam not able tobend my left leg.The stiffness inthe left leg subsides after doing stretcch exercises Its been like this for the last three days what should i do.Iamalso a tennis player.When caniresume my games .Myage issixty three
I feel sleepy fr the whole day and get tired very often while having a little work. Sometime, aftr waking up from lomg sleep I feel muscular pain in my hands and legs. What is the remedy for the weakness and over sleepy.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 27 years old male. I have a problem of male pattern baldness and I have lost hairs from the front side of my head. The back and middle portion is still full of hairs. I want to undergo hair transplant to cover up the area where baldness has started to show. I want to know the price and how long will it take to generate hairs from the front bald portion.
Hello doctor, I want to know that I have back pain since 2008 doctor says I have l3; 4; 5 disorder what you suggest please reply.
Hlo I am anu a student. I have to study for long hours may b due to which my left shoulder pains a lot. Can ddis b related to cervical spondy. Should I go fr a test for it?
From past two days I am having severe neck pain with light headache and vomiting. Is cervical spondylosis causing this and what are the methods to avoid it.
I am 39 yes old, I am suffering from uric acid & thyroid. I have too much pain in my knees. Please Advise me what should I do.
I have calf pain On the leg and it paining when I went to bed to sleep. So please give some solution.
I have 2 ectopic removed with an open surgery last was 3 months before So now I have a very bad back (waist) pain please help.
What is the success rate of knee replacement? as people have different views and only 25% of people are normal post replacement.
Sometimes my hands are numb and when I rubb them I have so much pain. Please ans me why this happens ?
I am having cervical disc bulge and lumbar disc bulge. Please suggest me a pillow for sleeping. Is a pillow with microfiber ok? If any specific company please suggest.
How can I get relief from bone pain at joins? Whats the reason and home remedies to remove pain easily?
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.