Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N M KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old and I have headache on half head every month. And I every time my blood pressure is low. please give me any suggestions. Thanks.
I have acidity from longer time after eat meel I feel very nerves and burn in chest please advise me.
I am suffering from cough from last 2 weeks and chest pain whenever I cough hard please give me suggestion.
My triglycerides level was 291 before 10 days when I checked my lipid profile. So Dr. suggest me to take roseday f 5.and I am taking that drug after dinner. Now my question is that can I take whisky when I am taking this drug? Is it harmful for me? Pls suggest.
I have been facing wired challenge since a week. Wherever I consume alcohol even a bit my heart beats goes drastically high an lands up for uneasiness. I fell a bit better when I vomit after sometime. Last Thursday I had 2 pegs of rum faced the issue and later the next day I had beer with same issue. Later on last Sunday I had a peg of vodka which gave the same effect. I thought it might be cause of the cold medicine which I was taking those days so kept a complete pause to liquor. Had a pint of pint of beer last night and it again took to the same scenario. Kindly advise.
Dear doctor my wife 64 years old felt very week in the evening. We checked her blood pressure which was 96/55. To confirm we checked again and it was almost same. You are requested to kindly advise what steps should she take. For the time being we have given her half tea spoon of common salt and one tea spoon of sugar in one glass of water. Please advise. We will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
Hi doctor my age is 25. Since 3 months suffering .I concern many doctors and all reports I done brain mri scan etc. Everything is normal only left side headache coming tightness some times relief daily continuous lightly one side and also chest side and hand some times nerves stressness coming . One more doctors all are saying stress ness also coming BP its happens when I check if heavy pain that time 140/90, 130/80, 150/90 like this coming if full headache that time . Am not using BP tablet am using Only PARI- CR 25 mg tablet using ok before to compare its better but sme times sudden sudden heart fastness coming am taking tension fully . Tell me doctor what can I do please suggest any.
I am 25 years old man. I think I have a serious problem whenever I used to laugh I feel pain in my heart area. Sometimes while stretching in doing exercises I also fell the pain. Rest I am fit and don't have any other problem. Please suggest me what to do. I have not gone to any doctor till now. But as days are passing the pain is increasing. So please help me.
Hi doctor, I am suffering from acidity around 2 to 3 years. The burning sensation is so high in chest. So I have to take pantocid L every morning on empty stomach. By taking this medicine I got whole day relief from acidity. But if I missed to take medicine then I have to suffer from the acidity. So for this I am taking medicine on regular basis. Please suggest something like this so I got permanent relief from acidity. Thank you.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 3 weeks and l have chest pain whenever I cough can you suggest what should be done.
There are many people worldwide who suffer from heart problems (irrespective of their age and sex). While in most cases, the condition improves with proper treatment and medications, in few, the condition is beyond treatment. A heart transplant comes as a savior for such people. It gives them a new lease of life. The transplant involves replacing a heart that has stopped functioning normally (damaged or may be diseased) with a healthy heart (from the donor).
Over the years, heart transplant has undergone a sea of change. With the advancement of science and technology, the success rate in a heart transplant has seen an exponential rise.
People who need a heart transplant:
A heart transplant may be essential in the following cases.
- A congenital heart disorder (a person born with a heart problem).
- Defective or diseased heart valves.
- Amyloidosis (a condition where amyloid fibrils get deposed in the tissues and organs of the body intracellularly or extracellularly).
- Problems in the coronary artery.
- Cardiomyopathy (A condition where the muscles of the heart become weak, thereby affecting the normal functioning of the heart).
- A heart transplant that failed previously.
- Ventricular Arrhythmias (a condition that originates in the ventricles, in ventricular arrhythmias, the heart rhythms are abnormally rapid).
However, under the following circumstances, a heart transplant may not be a wise idea
- People with infections or chronic lung or kidney disorders.
- A case of cancer in the past.
- Age may be a deciding factor.The recovery from a heart transplant may not be 100% in an aged person.
The heart transplant procedure:
The first step in heart transplant is the availability of a suitable donor. In this case, a donor is a person whose brain is dead but the other organs, including the heart, is healthy and functioning properly. A surgeon performs three operations in a heart transplant.
- The first operation is essentially the removal of the healthy heart from the donor body. The heart is kept in a cool place, preferably ice (to keep the heart alive and in good condition until the heart transplant takes place).
- In the second operation, the recipient's damaged or diseased heart is operated out.The situation may, however, be complicated if the patient had a heart surgery in the past.
- The third and the final surgery involves implanting the donor heart into the recipient body (the recipient's upper heart chambers and the atrial back wall are however not removed).
- Once the implantation takes place (without any complications), the surgeons sew the heart into place.
- The blood vessels are then connected back to the heart and the lungs. The heart starts beating again once it is warmed up.
- To enable the patient to receive the nutrients and oxygen (during the heart transplant), the patient is put on a heart-lung machine.
- If no complications develop after the transplant, the patient is discharged within a fortnight.
In some unfortunate cases, there may be organ rejection. The condition arises when the recipient's immune cells see the transplanted heart as non-self (foreign agents). If left unattended, it may damage the heart. Immunosuppressant drugs can help avert the rejection. However, it is important to monitor the patient closely for any infections that may arise to the administration of the immunosuppressants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.