Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N. Balerao
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. N. BaleraoYour feedback matters!
I am having migraine constantly. I am using medicines but can not get rid of them. What should I do?
Can we identify by doing any test that what might be the epilipecie position of my wife and what dosage is enough for her My wife is epilipecie and thyroid and B.P patient Epilipecie is since 35 years Thyroid since 17 years B.p since 8 years For epilipecie she is consuming 1) encorate croon 500 mg. Twice a day 2) fusion 5 mg in morning & 10 mg in night 3) tegrital CR. 200 mg twice day For B.P arbitel-h once in a day for Thyroid Thyroxn150 mg in fasting.
Hello doctor I have been suffering from stomach nerve weakness. And insomnia from this. I have consulted many doctors they given tablets but no use for me till now. I can not lift weight it causing me breathless problem. The problem is from 4 years. Still I can not find any solution for it. I have been suffering from serious insomnia waking up morning at 3 then by no sleep. Now I am a light sleeper. One doctor said me you have nervous problem in stomach its caused me from running while playing sports please help me.
Hi, recently my father met with an accident and got severe head injury. He was admitted in aiims trauma centre for 10 days. At the time of admission his stage was m5 and at the time of discharge it was m6. Now he recognizing many things and goo din memory but still he behaves impatiently and his voice is more like a child. His age is 53 and he is a diabetic patient too. Also his sugar his high 163 fasting and 285 pp. It's just one month passed away. Could you please tell me when he'll become completely fit and ready to go office and all.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.