Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukund TupeYour feedback matters!
Lost my skin in fire accident. Got myself 70% recovered of health but I need my natural skin back because my marriage is in February 1st week. Please help me sir/madam.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
I have black spots under my eyes and also dark lines under eyes. please tell me how can I remove those.
Mera pet ka problem hai, mera pet puri tarike saaf nahi hota , aur pet mein gas bani rahti hai, subah toilet jata hoo to kabhi kabhi khun ata hai. Khane ke baad turant toilet jana padta hai, ya pet dukhna chalu ho jata hai so suggest me any perfect medicine ?
How to remove dark circles on under the eyes? How to remove pimple dark sports? How to remove face digs?
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm. Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti aging skin treatment.
1. Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
2. Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
3. Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
4. Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
5. Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
6. Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
- Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
- Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
- Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
- Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
- Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
- Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
- Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want.
Is it possible to get back your natural skin color after being severely tanned? If so ,how? How much should I reduce my exposure to sun?
Hi I am mother of two kids aged 9 n 6 yes old I have huge panda like dark circles. N feel so depressed as I look too aged. please help. I have tried every home remedy BT zero result. I feel ashamed of going public.
Is there any way to make our skin colour fair. Is there any way to prevent effects of age. On our face Skin.
I have scabies but it has cured but it leaves red rashes what should do? I am a male teenager age 19. What to do?
I have been facing chapped lips from past 3 years. Every morning when I wake up the lower portion of my lips gets cracked. Is there any ayurvedic treatment or allopathic work.
Treatment for nasolabial wrinkles for 50 years female. Routine treatment to follow to take care of skin.
I played in hot sun for two weeks continuously, my face became so dark n lips are burning, can you pls help me out.
How to prevent to the problem of skin and how its pretty addiction and supply blood in the face and how I should do.
Prostate cancer is a cancerous tumor in a man’s prostate gland, a small gland that is responsible for producing the seminal fluid which transports and nourishes the sperm. It is a very common type of cancer among men. A few cases of prostate cancer tend to develop slowly while others may progress very fast.
In the initial stages, prostate cancer may not show any symptom. However, in the latter stages, there may be symptoms such as:
Pain in the bones.
Urination can get troublesome.
Presence of blood in the semen.
Pain and discomfort in the pelvic region.
The exact causes of prostate cancer are not known. It starts to develop when certain cells in the prostate gland start to mutate. These mutations cause these cells to multiply at a very fast rate and thus, soon form tumors. Although the causes are not known, certain factors tend to aggravate this condition; them being:
Color: According to certain medical reports, a darker skin may mean increased chances of suffering from prostate cancer.
Age: The risk of developing prostate cancer tends to increase with age.
Genetics and Family History: Faulty genes could be another cause of this condition. Also, having some member in the family who is diagnosed with this type of cancer only increases the risks of you suffering from them.
Obesity: If you are obese, then you are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
The treatments for prostate cancer include:
Radiation Therapy: In this procedure, high energy rays are used to target and destroy cancer cells. Usually X-rays or protons are used to treat the cancer cells.
Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is a type of treatment wherein certain medications are administered to prevent your body from producing testosterone.
Surgery: If the other treatment methods do not produce desired results, then a surgery is carried out for the removal of the prostate gland. In addition to the prostate gland, some adjoining lymph nodes and tissues are also removed.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is method of destroying cancer cells by injecting chemicals into the body. The medicines are injected into the veins in the arms.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized oncologist and ask a free question.