Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukund Tupe
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukund TupeYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 36 years of age I am having dark circles under my eyes kindly suggest appropriate medicines as I have already tested various creams like garnier roll on, eraser cream etc.
I am 22 years old, I am female, I have oil face, I affected by many pimples with that place have some black dots, fter wash my face just 10 r 15 mins my face is fresh then dull with oil, plzz give a solution plzz, I don't use any creams, last 2 months I am using Himalaya neem face wash, plzz help me sir.
Leucoderma is more commonly known as vitiligo. It is characterized by white patches developing on your body and it can happen to any part of the body. The reason why vitiligo occurs is because melanocytes, which comprise the pigment known as melanin, get damaged. Melanin imparts your skin its color, hence, a lack of it results in vitiligo. Here are the exact causes, symptoms and treatment of vitiligo:
- Vitiligo occurs when the melanocytes, which comprise the pigment "melanin", get damaged.
- However, it is worth note that the exact cause of vitiligo is unknown although it does affect dark skinned people a lot more. There have been many theories about what causes this disease however.
- Vitiligo, being an autoimmune disease, is caused when the melanocytes attack your immune system.
- The most common symptom of leucoderma is that white patches develop on the body.
- The white patches appear rapidly at first followed by a rather stable period where the disease does not progress any further.
- Leucoderma can even affect the hair and eyelids and it is extremely rare for pigmentation to come back to normal.
- Finally, it is worth note that leucoderma has high chances of occurring to the areas of the body which are exposed more to the sun, areas where there were injuries before as well as the area around moles.
Leucoderma can be easily cured with Ayurvedic treatment. Phototherapy and laser also help to treat the condition faster.
Who is at risk?
Men and women are equally likely to suffer from vitiligo. However, factors such as having a family history of vitiligo or leucoderma and having autoimmune disorders make you more susceptible to leucoderma.