Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukta Umarjit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta UmarjitYour feedback matters!
I am 42 year old. My last mensural cycle was prolonged from 25th march - april 8th which was stopped after taking regestrone 5mg for 6. 5 days. My periods started again on 20th april. What can be the possible reason?
What is ICSI. How should v know that whether should go. Icsi or ivf. Kindly help. M planning for it. problem is of Pcos n low sperm count.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Why girls wanted to go for pee imideate after sex? Nd why white blood comes from vagina after 2 3 days of sex?
My wife is 7 month pregnant and having placenta previa Is it ok to have sex with her now any problem of have sex with her like bleeding or something?
I married at the age of 35. Not yet conceived. Now 44 Yrs. Partner is not with me. Any options. Maybe can get married in future or no.
Doctor I had a unprotected sex on 2nd april and my periods got over on 1st and they started on 30th march also my periods are very irregular because last time my periods started on 5th or 4th do this time they were early! I had an ipill just after sex within 1 hour or 2 is there any chances of pregnancy? And I think the sperm of my partner did not go inside my vagina I am really worried doctor And I had a talk with one of the doctor she told me theres a withdrawal bleeding within one week of eating ipill and its been its been 7 days today there is no bleeding also please tell will my periods get delayed next month? And for how longer.
I had sex with my gf. And I never ejaculated in her vagina. Nw I hv a doubt .is there any chance to be pregnant? After had sexual intercourse she drunk a papaya juice Upton 3 days. Nw can you tell me. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I have sucked vagina for the first time and I am not sure about the hygienic of her vagina. What can be the worst side effects? I did it for a minute almost. Please reply. Thanks in advance.
Over the last couple of decades, there has been a steady increase in the number of issues pertaining to sex. While there are a variety of reasons attributed to it including more exposure to sex through media forums, the changing lifestyle of people is said to be a bigger reason.
With people connected to their work all through the day and multitasking on the rise, work is never complete. Even when retiring for the night, there are always things running about what next to do. In cases where both couples are working, there is no match of timings either. That being the case, sex has taken a backseat, almost the last seat.
In addition, the altered Indian lifestyle also has led to greater exposure to sex leading to increased cases of abuse (family/friends circle), past unpleasant experiences, relationship failures, etc. All these have changed the equations in relationships.
More and more couples are worried about a number of sexual issues, including:
- Loss of desire
- Anxiety about sex
- Erectile dysfunction
- Orgasmic disorder
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
- Conflicting sexual desires
- Past sexual abuse or assault
- Image issues
Sex therapy is on the rise, and 90% of the therapy consists of getting the couples to have a frank, open discussion. As much as it is a private topic, the problem can only be solved when an open discussion happens, both with the doctor and with the partner.
Whether it is past abuse or erectile dysfunction, the first step is to acknowledge the problem and discuss about it. If you are not able to confide in your partner or a good friend, it is advisable to seek a therapist.
It is wise to pick a therapist who comes through referral. Some things to keep in mind are:
- Be open - Like any other counseling, sex therapy also involves a frank discussion with complete confidence in the person. The therapist will understand your concerns about anxiety or problem and help you how to communicate your desires and needs with your partner.
- It does not end with one discussion - Starting to work with a sex therapist is just the first step. It might take a while (a few months) to completely resolve the issue and identify the solution.
- Involve your partner - Though it is advisable to start talking alone with the therapist, after a couple of sessions, the partner may also be called in to see if there is something that needs to be worked upon.
Sex therapy can definitely help to resolve the above noted issues and improve sex life, which is very essential for a healthy body and relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.