Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mugdha ParasnisYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods, sometimes twice a month and sometimes I don't have any periods at all in a month. And also heavy bleeding occurs during my periods. Is it normal. Please suggest me something to make it normal if it isn't.
Cancer is the scourge of the modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. The ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with Chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing Chemotherapy experience hair fall.
Sex and Chemotherapy
Although, sessions of Chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing Chemotherapy.
- It is possible to have sex while undergoing Chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
- If your doctor says you can have sex, then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if Chemotherapy is successful.
- The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as Chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
- Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only and only if proper healing has occurred should the patient's consider sex.
- Certain types of Chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with Chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections, which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving Chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer.
I am 21 years old I did sex with my boy friend without condom is there any problem ? will i get pregnant ?
Sometimes, little bit of White fluid comes out of my friend's (girl) nipples. Some say it's nipplegasm. Please tell us what is this.
Hallo Doctor I took clomifene citrate ferring tablet 50mg Last month from 3-8Days of my period which happened in 14 dec. Till Today no signs of period and urine Test was negative for pregnancy. I had pcos but my period was quite normal. Sometimes with Delay. Can I wait or what advise do you give. Im 25 and 70 kgs 160cms height. my gyno is on leave and We live in Europe. So what can I do next. Should I Continue clomifene.
I have in my lower abdomen before 3 or 4 days of my periods but for 1st 1. Or 2 day I bleed a little brownish like thing what is that brownish thing n what to do for bleed.
Hi My wife delivered baby in the month of November but because of complications we won't be able to do sex till date you can say it's almost 1 and half year now I don't know why even now I am not interested and if she asks for it I started making reasons for avoiding pls suggest.
Is it natural to get belly bloated during menstrual days especially the first day when I get dysmenorrhea. Before menstruation starting also I had my stomach bloated to some extend. Basically I am not an obese or something but only my stomach appears bloated. Its due to what? Please reply.
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? Moreover have done hpt with first morning urine with two different brand both says negative. It is 16 weeks from intercourse. I t was negative within the time frame and it remained until after 12 hours when I was about fo to discharge the kit. It showed a grey line on one brand. As menses was about to ocuur on 11th and it did not occur still now. Did a usg yesterday almost 4 months after last intercourse it showed only pcod. Is their still any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to repeat BHCg? Or hpt?
I am 1st month pregnant. Suggests food that help me for good healthy for me & for upcoming my baby. As well as precaution s. For safety.
Hello my husband had semen analysis test. The result is normal for all parameters except liquefaction (more than 2 hours) please tell me will it is creating problem in pregnancy. As I am trying to convince. Should I take doctors help?
I had a 21 day progesterone labs done March 21st which confirmed negative for ovulation. My period in April was late so I again had labs done to confirm negative pregnancy on April 5 and started Provera on April 8th 10mg X7 days. On day 8 off of Provera meds still no period so I took a HPT and it was positive on April 21st and was confirmed by b/w on April 22nd as positive pregnancy. I am very scared about this pregnancy ending in m/c due to the proper medication. I was NOT pregnant before taking the meds but I am scared now I will start a period and will miscarry. I am having all sorts of shooting pains and twinges in my sides which feel like ovulatory pains and kinda feel like I may start but no spotting or anything. I had a m/c in Jan 2011, so I'm very scared of losing this pregnancy too.
I am suffering from a problem wherein white water or a sticky substance flows out from the uterus. What is the reason of this discharge and how can it be stopped?
My wife has missed her date. She's pregnant 1 month 10 days we have planned to abort it n that when we got to know about this unwanted kit. Can you tell us how to use unwanted kit.
My wife having cyst(endometrium) 46mm what can I do? gynic docters sggested to remove the utrus, ayurvedic docters said not to remove.
I am 75 years plus, was diagnosed with diabetes about 7 years ago and am on metformin 500 bd, galvus 50 bd, telma 80 od, atorva 10 od and atenolol 50 od. The diabetic parameters are within permissible limits ,tested six monthly. Doctor says since the above medicines appear to be controlling the disease, continue for life. Is this safe and right or is any periodic regulation required.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.