Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Shalini Garg
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Shalini GargYour feedback matters!
I am a 22 year old working female. Off late I have started putting on weight in my tummy, waist, hips and thighs because I keep sitting in one place. My diet is quite healthy. No junk or fatty foods most of the time. I hardly eat rice too. I get no time to exercise. Please suggest ways I can lose weight fast. (preferably without exercise because my routine does not permit so).
Staying healthy is considered to be the first happiness. And, rightly so. Over years, there has been a lot of advancement in Medical Science and understanding of Health. Such has been the knowledge explosion that now we have Superspecialists treating just one system or one organ of the body. For e.g Knee Surgeon, Retina Surgeon, Liver Specialist etc.
While this is good for those patients who have difficult organ-specific troubles, let’s be clear that very few people (less than 10%) need such care. Most people are born healthy and if they live a disciplined life in terms of diet, physical activity, good sleep, etc., they will stay healthy and are unlikely to need a lot of medical interventions. There may be some routine illnesses like cough, fever, diarrhea, minor injuries, etc. which either subside or heal themselves or with a little support from a family doctor. Not all ills need pills.
In recent times, however, it is observed that thousands of procedures and prescriptions of doubtful benefit are employed due to multiple factors like scattered care, payment system, Free check-ups by companies or so called charities or marketing process, defensive medicine are provided to safeguard corporate players from litigations. Diagnostic Packages, etc. e.g, Preoperative ECG is not routinely required before eye surgery unless there is a known heart trouble or risk thereof. Quite often it appears like Services on “Sale” like you have for merchandise.
“Free check-ups or care” can become very expensive in long run. Even if free, a procedure or a drug can be potentially harmful. The first check-up may be free but it may lead to subsequent paid interventions which may be needless for all you know.
Hence in present times choosing your eye care provider and care process wisely is very necessary. Don’t get carried away by luring and fake advertisements of health improvement, etc. Don’t fall for “Free” checkups or care. There is no free lunch, someone pays either in cash or in kind! Health care interventions need to be customized to your specific needs and cannot be generalized and for that you need personalized services of a trusted doctor more than an impersonal huge glossy corporate setup.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I tried lot for loose my weight but not succeed to loose my weight please tell me how I loose weight.
I am not diabetic, I am obese and I have stopped drinking for 6 months at a time but it did not make me lose any weight and nor did it help me in my premature ejaculation problem!
Drink Lemon + honey mix with warm water in the morning with empty stomach reduce weight or does lemon is good intake of daily or it has some side effects.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.