Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Puja Modi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Puja ModiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 16 years old boy and I am suffering from pyschological problem many. Always negative thought come in mind.
Which is the best Medicine for Increasing Brain Power Forgetness Fast recall The Things. With and also Suggest some Exercise.
Sir I have some problems I always in anger and I fight alot with my girlfriend I love her so much but I always show anger on her when she do not listen to me wht I say when she do not agree with me when she refuse what I say to do her I show to much anger on her even Last 3 months am just fighting with her so please tell me any suggestions.
Hi doctor. I am 29 years old and I am suffering from mental illness from last 6 months. I feel pressure inside my brain I can't feel free because of that my memory power became weak I can't concentrate also I am a student so this very big problem for me and suggest me which medicine I should take. Thanks.
Parenting is an art, while some are natural at it others would have to learn about it in order to fare better. In any case, equipping yourself with the relevant knowledge can help you in the process. Especially, if you feel your child is disconnected or throwing tantrums lately, it is time you recognize the signs and focus on strengthening your relationship with your kid.
Here is a brief insight on how to navigate such challenging scenario successfully.
- Spending quality time with your child: Quality time refes to the time spent with your child in some way important. It is time that is set aside for paying full and undivided attention to your child. According to psychologists spending quality time with your kids is of great importance as it helps in strengthening the bond between you and your kid, understanding your child better and making your child feel important and loved. The behavioral issues your child is showing maybe because of that he or she wants more of your time.
- Positive reinforcement for promoting good behaviors: As a parent, it is very natural to want your child to be obedient and devoid of the bad behaviors.
- Ignoring negative behaviors to obliterate them: Sometimes, as a parent, you need to overlook the mistakes or bad behaviors shown by your kid to annihilate them. This means, scolding your kid upon a failure or discouraging him that he is not good enough as he lacks good behavior can do mental damage to your kids and in no way can make them a better person. Sometimes, ignoring a few of their mistakes, failures or bad behavior can help them in overcoming their drawbacks.
- Understanding psychosexual stages of childhood: According to psychologists, it is the initial five years of a child's life that plays a crucial role in forming his or her adult personality. As a child continues to grow, both tension and pleasure grow with it depending on the discharge of all the accumulated sexual energy or libido. Since, psychosexual stages of a child matter gravely in his or her personality development, understanding it becomes crucial for parents for improving the quality of your relationship with their children.
Ensuring a functional and healthy relationship between you and your child is the best way to boost the sense of commitment, consideration, communication, and cooperation. Also, a healthy connection between you and your child can help in reducing conflicts and stress while encouraging the young minds to make healthy choices in life and set strong individual values.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In today’s modern, fast paced society, it is easy for people to become stressed. In fact, one would almost think that being stressed is the “in” thing, and if you aren’t stressed it must mean there is something wrong with you! Realistically however, stress is not a good thing for our bodies in general, and has a very real impact on your fertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
How Stress Impacts Fertility?
Recent research tells us that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
- Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
- Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
- Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
- Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
- Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.