Lybrate.com has top trusted Bariatricians from across India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Hema BYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years male, a little bit fat, 73 kg. I take two roti in breakfast at 8.30 am, then I take meal (Rice) at 2.30 to 3.00 pm, then in evening I take a cup of tea with biscuit or without biscuit, then I take my dinner (Rice) at 10 to 10.30 pm. Is this ok for a healthy diet? I want to loss some weight. Can you please suggest me a diet plan suitable for me.
Sir,I m suffering through hypothyroidism and two months back delivered a baby.Please tell how can I lose my weight as right now my weight is 72 kg and height is 5'1" and age is 30.
I gave a desk job and in the last 2 years .my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
Hlo how to lose my fat I am just 21 bt I think my weight 81 is too mchh than my age please sugest me for exercise or medicine.
My mother want to reduce weight. She will take good very likely and she will exercise every day. Pls tell the solution to reduce weight.
Starving yourself can be the worst way to lose weight. Not only does this affect your health, it also slows down your metabolism to conserve energy. A slow metabolism means that the body will take longer to burn fats. This is the opposite of what is needed for weight loss. On the other hand, eating certain types of food can boost your metabolism and aid weight loss. These foods are high in nutrient value and low on fats. Let’s take a look at some of these types of food.
- Grapefruit: Eating half a grapefruit a day can make you see a rapid fall in your weight. This fruit is not only rich in vitamins and proteins but also contains a compound that can lower the hormones that affect fat storage such as insulin. Grapefruit is also 90% water and hence satiates hunger faster.
- Brown rice: Many people find it impossible to imagine a meal without rice. White rice may look nicer but brown rice is richer in fiber and healthier to eat. Brown rice also contains healthy carbs that burn fat and boost metabolism. Additionally, it has a low calorific value.
- Salmon: Of all meats, salmon is the leanest and least fattening. This rich source of protein keeps the stomach feeling satiated for longer without adding fat to your body. The best way to eat salmon for weight loss is to grill it or steam it.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help burn fat and shed calories. Green tea should ideally be had without milk or sugar and in this way it also keeps the body hydrated.
- Nuts: Unroasted and unsalted nuts are a healthy snack that can help you lose weight. Nuts like almonds are rich in an amino acid known as Larginine which helps burn fat and carbs while working out. Pine nuts are rich in healthy fatty acids that subdue hunger hormones and burn abdominal fat. Pistachios are also excellent for weight loss as they are rich in fiber, proteins and healthy, unsaturated fats.
- Oats: Oats is a key element in many weight loss diets. This is because oats are high in fiber content and keep you satiated for longer. Oats also aid in digestion and help in the elimination of wastes. It also absorbs fats and hence can lower cholesterol.
- Dark chocolate: A little bit of dessert can actually aid weight loss as long as it’s dark chocolate. This type of chocolate boosts metabolism by burning fats and calories. It also helps curb the craving for sweets and salty snacks.
Do you have a potbelly that is causing some major embarrassment for you?
Does your sheath dress put your belly fat on display?
Does your formal two-piece suit show your paunch too much?
Do you think twice before saying ‘yes’ to a party invitation because your designer one-piece dresses no longer fit you?
If your answers to the above questions are “yes” then you are at the right place, reading the right stuff and this blog is going to tell you how to reduce that belly fat of yours.
Some of the tips to reduce your paunch are:
Drink a class of hot water mixed with lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Drink lemon juice and honey early in the morning on empty stomach. This is one of the best ways to get rid of belly fat.
Reduce the intake of rice and have more chapattis (Indian bread).
Go for whole grains, brown rice, oats, brown bread, etc.
Most of the people tend to starve themselves in order to reduce belly fat, but let me tell you that it only does more harm.
Do not eat huge meals instead take small meals at regular intervals.
Switch to healthy food instead of fast food, oily, spicy and hot food.
Eat more fruits and vegetables. Soups, oats and salads are a good replacement.
Avoid sugar. Substitute sugar with Jaggery or honey.
Switch to vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian food contains lot of fat and it takes lot of oil to cook.
Substitute coconut oil with olive oil. Olive oil is good for health and heart.
If you feel hungry then consume a bowl of fruits or vegetables or else munch on some dry fruits and nuts. Groundnuts are a good option.
Eat clove of garlic at night before you go to sleep or early in morning on an empty stomach. Garlic helps in digestion and increases you metabolism rate, which will help to reduce fat.
Work out. Hit the gym every day. Do not make excuses. Exercise is a quick way to burn the extra calories.
Yoga, aerobics, zumba dance, morning walks, jogging, sports like trekking, swimming, badminton, basketball, etc. are also a good option.
Avoid eating heavy meals at night; instead only consume salad and soup.Drink plenty of water, fruit juice and vegetable juice.
Hence, now that you know the secret of getting rid of a potbelly, what are you waiting for? Start your diet and exercise plan today itself and soon you will not have anyone calling you by your old nickname “Fatso”.