Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrudula ThaggarseYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
I am suffering from depression. I get frustrated when something does not happens according to my desire? What should I do.
Hello there sir I am totally irritate because I feel I am depressed and always come bad thing on my mind like suicidal thought fear of death and at night I have vertigo problem and I have also insomnia problem sir please plz suggest me anything I'll gonna be mad.
Hi, m 20 years old medical college girl. 3-4 months before one boy proposes me m also fall in love with him his and mine frns tell me that he flirts with other girl also I broke with him bt didn't tell the reason bcz I don't want to end tge friendship. Bt still love and hate him. Going into depression. Can't study. Help me so that I can concentrate on my studies again.
I am 47 kg, 165 cm height, recently have some signs of depression, I am planning to join Gym. Is it ok, and helpful for my body and brain. Pls suggest. People around me are telling that Gym is not for me. Please suggest clearly.
I am aged 54. I am diabetic since last 12 years and have bp too. But I am consuming a lot of alcohol daily. Beer sometimes 5 to 6 bottles a day. Is it bad for my age and my diseases? am unable to stop alcohol. Can you please advise as to how I can stop alcohol. In Spite of taking so much of alcohol, the fasting glucose is 125 and after food PP is 180. Pl advise.
Hi m 27 years old and I wanna switch my bad habits to good one but it's not working. So I just wanna know that is e-ciggrate is good from the regular one.
Hi I am 37 years old. Suddenly crying for 2 to 3 hours daily nothing reason. Feel uneasy. What should I do. So help me.
I am a 21 year old girl and I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for the last 3 and half years and we have seen our fare share of ups and downs but recently due to some problems created by my mom's side things are a bit un easy right now and today my boyfriend's father told my mother that me and my boyfriend will get a registry and so that legally we both can say we are married, but my mom and dad said that since both me and my boyfriend are young (he is 22 years old) and he is a student currently so he is not established yet and neither am I. So my parents are saying that they will not be there with me if I get a registry now and will further never help with anything. I know they are doing it for my own good and I haven't talked to my boyfriend about this, I am afraid he will get depressed and leave his studies and look for a job that will hamper him even more. His father insisted that we get registry done after selecting an appropriate date. And I am now in the middle. Please help. What should I do?
I'm an student. I usually see people suffering from back aches in real young age so what is the reason behind this? Is this in regards with food or stress?
Help me. I am fighting with my loneliness for 5 years .what should I do? I even do not have friends .will any love relationship will help me?
I have inferiority complex.I am depressed all the time.I look pretty but i m overweight and thats the thing that disturbs me when i see other girls of my age .I m 19 years old.Please get me out of this.
Hello Team Lybrate, first of all I would like to appreciate your concern with user's queries. I am 24 years old male, my problem happened around six months past. I drunk excess amounts of beer without having proper food intake. Consequently, unfortunate to say but I should tell you this, because elders say never lie with doctors and teachers. I was drinking beer daily, on one day I vomited blood. For around one month after this happened, I suffered form mild stomach pain but I didn't consulted any medical practitioner. Since form that day it happened, gas is forming in my stomach, I am feeling uneasy in my stomach. There is something wrong that I can notice, whenever I take water I can feel their coldness inside my stomach, sometimes I get stomach pain too. I damaged my health unknowingly. Please suggest.
Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder in which psychological conflicts get converted into physical symptoms.
The disease is also referred to as a functional neurological symptom disorder. In most cases, this disorder has an impact on your ability to move, your senses, vision, hearing capacity and ability to swallow.
The main cause behind the onset of a conversion disorder is generally a sudden traumatic event (real or imagined). This may also happen due to an emotional conflict or any other mental health disorder, which directly or indirectly affects your brain in an undesirable manner.
Though the exact factors which cause the disease are still unknown, it has been proved by medical researchers that the disorder affects that part of the brain which controls the majority of the senses, muscles, and nerves.
The symptoms of this condition may usually appear immediately after a traumatic event, be it physical or psychological. Some of the most common symptoms of this disorder are listed below.
- Weakness or paralysis of a body part
- Loss of body balance
- Moments of unresponsiveness
- Abnormal, sudden and abrupt body movements such as tremors
- Swallowing problems such as lump in the throat
Some of the symptoms of this disorder might also affect the sensory organs, which include:
- Abnormal numbness of the body
- Speech related problems or inability to speak (psychological mutism)
- Vision related problems such as psychological blindness
- Hearing problems and difficulties
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi, for silly matter also I am getting more angry on all, and I am worrying a lot for every matter, I don't have patience, so please suggest how to control my anger and how to develop patience myself, so please suggest me.
I have panic attacks but they are controlled by medication. I ran out of my medication and I can't afford a doctor to get them refilled. I have back and forth from the hospital but they only give me a three day supply. I need a refill and a doctor that is based on income, I am presently unemployed but I need my meds now. Please help.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.