Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Manisha Munemane
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Manisha MunemaneYour feedback matters!
Pleasuring yourself is not a bad thing, however, most of us are afraid to admit it in front of the society at large. Due to our lack of knowledge and the fact that we do not discuss it openly has given rise to a number of myths about it. Here we are busting top 6 myths associated with masturbation.
- It can cause you to suffer from Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile Dysfunction refers to the inability to maintain or get an erection during intercourse. The causes of this sexual dysfunction are varied, but masturbation doesn't figure in the list of causes. What really happens is that when you masturbate repeatedly, you become used to your own touch or to a certain kind of sensation. As a result, you may find it difficult to have orgasms with your partner.
- Reduces sex drive: Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
- Children do not masturbate: Masturbation is a normal childhood habit, wherein young children discover the private parts of their bodies and the feelings of pleasure that arise from this activity. Most children begin to play with their private parts by about 5-6 years of age. A child can masturbate once a week or several times a day. There are even researches out there that show male foetuses masturbating in the womb.
- It can cause blindness: Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
- People in relationships do not masturbate: Whether you're single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity.
- It causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.