Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MounikaYour feedback matters!
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I haven't got my periods in over 2 and a half months. My last period was on August 17. I have taken two pregnancy tests. Both are negative. What could be the reason for the delay?
My menstrual cycle is of 40 day so on which are the days for having sex for expecting to be pregnant?
I don't have aids but I have a question related. Aids happen when healthy blood comes in contact with hiv positive blood. Right? What if a healthy person doing sex with several healthy people (who do not have any hiv or anything)? Will that cause aids?
I read somewhere it was written that" patient taking anti - tb medicine should take high dose of i-pill to protect her pregnancy" Because drugs in the medicine can minimize it's effect. Is it true? If yes then how much tablet at once will be preferable?
I want to know the early symptoms of pregnancy. I had my periods on 15th feb. Last week my lower abdomen was paining a lot and also pain in my breast. Was feeling full bloated and less hungry. Now also sometimes little little pain in breast and not much hungry. Am I pregnant?
I had unprotected sex on my 15th day of cycle but my bf didn't finish inside me. My period this month started on 11th and ended on 13th. Should I take a ipill? I already too ipill this month on 21st. please help. What should I do.
I had un protected sex with girl and ofter 3 months I tested result was negative but I had fever and mouth ulcer can I go other test.
I have safe sex on 18 nov my date is on 29 of evry mnth. My date is late by 10 days. I have tryd everything. I have taken 4 pregnancy test in 3 days gap all r negative. I have also done wid blood test it is also negative. Please help wt has happen y I m nt getng my periods.
I am 26 old female and have 4 cysts of pcos. Am using hyponidd table for last three months. Will get conceive of this problem.
I am type 2 diabetics patient last 1 week I have blooding in urine and burning and itching pleas any suggestion or treatment.
The five D’s to handle Urges·
• Delay until the urge passes—usually within 3-5 minutes
• Distract yourself • Call a friend or go for a walk
• Drink water to fight off cravings
• Deep Breaths—Relax! Close your eyes and take 10 slow, deep breaths
• Discuss your feelings with someone close to you.
Dr Ashish Sakpal
Hello doctor, 2 days ago I found that my girlfriend is pregnant we are in shock we do not want this baby her last date was on 7th jan we had sex on 22 jan and on 5th feb after that she took unwanted 72 which may fail so please help me tell some medicine and I consulted a doctor about this he said to take mt pill is it beneficial the pregnancy period is of 17 days. Please help.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. Every woman dreams of bearing a child. The feeling of being a mom is beyond any description. For some women, conception becomes a long and painful struggle. The fetus requires a complete 28 weeks to mature. Women who are unable to hold fetus or where fetus ceases to grow to suffer complications. Abortion is a term used for medical termination of pregnancy. It can be induced by drugs or surgery. However, complications can arise within any trimester causing a miscarriage. Miscarriage refers to the loss of a fetus before 20 weeks of pregnancy. A miscarriage is medically known as spontaneous abortion that may occur due to fetal or maternal complaints.
The symptoms of a spontaneous abortion are severe pain, cramps or heaviness in abdomen, fluid or tissues passing from the vagina or vaginal spotting or bleeding. These are warning signs and immediate gynaecologist attention is required in case of any such symptoms.
Let’s look at some of the causes of miscarriage:
Faults in the genetic makeup of the fetus or chromosomal abnormalities can cease fetal growth.
Immune system disorders
Infection such as syphilis, rubella, poliomyelitis can lead to fetal death
Trauma and injury due to accidents may cause loss of fetus
Lifestyle factors such as excessive smoking, drinking, drug abuse can lead to fetal death.
Women with fibroids, cysts, menstrual issues or uterine abnormalities have a tendency for recurrent abortions.
Women with hormonal imbalances also tend to suffer miscarriages.
Homeopathy, with its holistic systems approach, provides highly individualised treatment for recurrent abortions. This all natural treatment targets the symptoms of the disease in totality. Homeopathic treatment of miscarriages goes beyond treating complications in conception and aims to restore uterus health and hormonal balance. It also deals with psychological symptoms like mood swings, irritability, anger, depression and fear that become associated due to recurrent failures in pregnancy. Morning and evening sickness can also be effectively managed through homeopathic medication.
Apart from this, homeopathy effectively combines a preventive and curative approach to treatment. It ensures that the patient is treated for the miscarriage and her health be restored for further conception
Arnica is a well-known remedy for miscarriages in case it happens due to falls, lifting weights or violent concussion. If given in time, it may reduce the chance of miscarriage.
Caulophyllum: deals with the tendency of miscarriage due to weakening of uterine tissues.
Crocus Sativa: Deals with the tendency of abortion in Ist or 2nd month and issues like mood swings, violence, repentance and sadness.
Erigon: effective remedy for irritability, abortion due to exercise and profuse bleeding.
Sepia: Deals with morning sickness, depression, the tendency to abort in 5th to 7th month.
These and many other remedies are available for effective and long term treatment. Remember to consult a qualified homeopathic doctor for the same.