Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
Im gonna have a brace on teeth from gurunanak dental research center. And they couldn't do the banding-thing properly. It have caused several injuries in my mouth. I can't eat properly. I can't move my tongue. It really hurts so bad. My tongue is bleeding all the times. What the hell should I do?
Hi my son teeth is very big and unbalanced his age is 12 year please tell me how to solve the problem.
I am 18 yrs old male. My question is regularly I does tooth brush but then to my teeth are getting yellow. I am using colgate toothpaste so kindly suggest me should I change my toothpaste or what is the solution.
I have a certain issue with my jaw bone. I just had my molar teeth and to reduce the irritation, I kept playing with my tongue and push the molar teeth. After few days, I started experiencing a bit of pain on the other side of my jaw bone. I first thought it maybe due to a TMJ issue but as it turns out, it is not. I sometimes have pain in the jaw/lower ear side area but no popping sound while opening mouth or swelling. This is also very occasional but when it happens, the pain is excruciating. Are there any home remedies to ease the pain or consulting a dentist/physician is the only option?
At present I am using hydent-k toothpaste with doctor consultation since last more than 1 month. I feel my teeth have become sensitive due to this taste. Is it so please guide me and refer me right toothpaste.
Hello! I am suffering from severe mouth ulcers! I get it very often! though i'm taking medication under dentists. It's still not curing. Nd the ulcer is becoming more nd more day by day. I am not able to eat anything. Plzz tell me a permanent solution for this!
Hi, I have ulcers problem. Tired many thing but it is not fixing. People says stop eating junk food. But I can't do that for whole life. But I am damn sure that I don't eat that much to. I do drink water a lot in day. But don't know what is happening.
A person should gargle properly with a good quality of mouth freshener.
Always soft toothbrush should be used to clean the teeth.
Garlic, onion, much spicy things, stale food, etc. Should not be taken in the diet.
A person should check up his teeth by a dentist time to time.
Gingivits –acute ulcerative
With heavily coated tongue, Mercurius col 30 thrice daily.