Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohsin.BagwanYour feedback matters!
I am a 59 yr male in my right leg the skin has become some what hard and the sensation is decreasing. Some times I feel a current flowing beneath the skin and I feel heat. Kindly advise.
Hi im 18 years old and saw a post I n facebook about garcina cambogia tablets for weight loss is it safe to use that tablets. Let me know if there are any side effects in using them so please suggest me doctors.
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.