Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan Paranjpe
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ParanjpeYour feedback matters!
I am 46 yeas, Till last year I was having my periods at 26 days interval but since 1 year it is 22 to 24 days but this month I had once in 10 days pls suggest me what should I do I am also suffering from sever mood swing, uncontrollable crying spells, I am taking ashwagandha tablets from last 2 months.
I have 3 children. No white discharge. Periods normal but before 8-10 of periods itching starts lastly and irritates me. Sugar test done it was ok.
I am having scarce menstrual time bleeding (1.5 days), but periods are regular. Is it abnormal or sign of any condition like pcos. Im 28 years old, unmarried and earlier in early 20s I used to get more than 3 days of periods with good flow.
I have PCOd problem but last night I had sex. I don't want take chance of pregnancy. So which is best suitable pills? I heard unwanted 72 or i-pill. Please suggest.
My wife's pregnancy strech marks are still clearly visible even 1 year 4 month pass. I have tried pregnacare tube but no result. Even the skin is also loose it's tightness. Please tell me is there any solution available
Hello doctor, I am having thyroid and pcos ,i am taking medicine as suggested doctor along with I am thinking to take shatavari and ashwagandha to balance hormones, Please suggest me how to take and how much to take these shthavari and ashwagandha powder?
Hello Doctor I'm 18 Doctor I am having problem with my periods I get less blood on first day second day is heavy and third day it's like small drops and that's it. I'm not getting my period like the others who get heavy flow for 5-6 days. Please suggest me some medication.
What is a panic attack?
Panic attack is a sudden onset of intense fear, or terror that occurs without apparent cause. Physical symptoms may include shortness of breath, palpitations or accelerated heart rate, chest pain or discomfort. Psychological symptoms may include a suffocating sensation or a sense of unease and lack of touch with reality. Once you have recognized the symptoms as a panic attack, here are a few techniques you can try:
Shift your focus:
Try focusing on a neutral object or person. Try focusing on a colour which relaxes you and focus on it surrounding you. Now try focusing on a silly word or something that makes you laugh. Notice how your focus shifts and how your body responds.
Imagine the positive:
Replace a negative state with a more positive one. Imagine a time when you felt confident, safe or calm. Imagine the sounds, tastes, views and feelings of that moment. Now submerge in that moment till your body relaxes.
Use these grounding techniques:
Look around you and identify:
5 things you see
4 things you feel
3 things you hear
2 things you smell
1 thing you taste
Breathe in for 4 seconds then exhale all the way out. Now breathe in for 6 seconds, then exhale all the way out. Now breathe in for 8 seconds, then exhale all the way. Feel even the smallest muscles relaxing and continue breathing slowly.
I have 7th month pregnancy. When I had 2 month , I ate too much papaya. That time I i wasn't know about my pregnancy. . Will it create any problems after delivery .
What happens if a women carry a baby in her womb if a baby is in fallopian tubes? What if a women carries a baby when it is found in a fallopian tube? Is there any problem.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My girlfriend and me had sex on 19th april. After sex she took ipill. But in this month her period delaying still today. I took pregnancy stripe to test her pregnancy. And it was negative. Why her period is getting late? what should we do now. She took ipill first time during this year.
I am a working as a teacher. I was 65 KGS before marriage. I was 70 after first delivery. N 75 after second delivery. I do yoga at less thrice a week. I take only tiffins like chapathi n doses in night. Still I am not able to reduce weight. I feel that my appetite is also much. If I try to diet. I feel stressed n tired. What s the problem is while cooking in a hurry berry for family. I'm not able to avoid rice.. I want to reduce at least 5 KGS (tummy.) Pls help.
I'm 6 weeks pregnant ,from 2 days I'm having pain in upper belly button and lower tummy hurts when touches, the pain is so much, im taking pan 40 tab and gaviscon even also pain not gone.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin, 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack.
Related Tip: Heart Attack - Is the Damage Reversible?