Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan MagdumYour feedback matters!
My age is 65 years. Taking Telmikind 40 at night after Dinner. Now BP is 120/80. Fasting Sugar is 142 without any medication. My diet since 142 is detected 25 days back, Bf: Moong. Please advise.
I have diabetes, my age is 57 years, I have become very slim as I avoid sugar rich food, how can I become healthy, what food should I eat. Is sugar free safe in tea or coffee? I feel very week, please help.
My mother is diabetic and these days she is suffering with fever. Mostly in evening time. She is osteoporosis with excessive pain in joints and lower back pain. Kindly help.
Hi Dr. I do morning walk now a days before I use to do exercise daily I am having uric acid all this hypertension started due to the pain in my left side of chess the pain kept rotating front left to right and I thought it is like a heart attack but Dr. told me it is non cardiac pain don't worry this pain is a muscular pain due to high uric acid and every one face this type of pain by which I am now days in relax mood but steel having meztok 12.5 mg for precaution please let me know is their any side effect of this medicine Thanks and regards.
I am diabetic and want to know about that is there any ayurvedic therapy or medicine that can help to reduce sugar level for type 1 diabetes? Because I find people everywhere suggesting me such type of meds.
I am 60 years old having diabetes using Glycomet GP2, Pioz 15 one daily. Now Sugar under control Fasting 120, For BP 160/80 I was using Benitec 40 Half Tablet. Under control 130/80 and I stopped genetic 40 and now again after 6 months my BP is 160/80. I am getting high constipation, Gas problem and some times breathlessness. What should I do?
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.