Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MitraYour feedback matters!
I had an ACL reconstruction in my left leg 5 months ago. I use the knee brace while walking. After how much time I can walk and do sports (not high intensity only running, rope skipping and taking) as normal as before injury? Sometime I feel pain while sleeping down on stairs.
Dear Sir/mam I am suffering from viral fever that time I got very painful knee pain now I am cure but I also getting pain in knee and I am tired very quickly. Please tell me idea by that I can free my knee pain and tired .if any natural food or ayurvedic medicine you can prefer it will more beneficial to me. Thanks.
I am 27 year old male and I have pain in my right shoulder for last two year. I can not rotate my hand properly ,if I raise my hand above eighty degree I got a jerk in my right hand. What can I do?
I am having pain in my feet from some days, usually I feel pain when I walk more a and the pain is persisting for 10 days.
In centre of my spine some swelling has suddenly started which is making me unable to lie down conveniently. I have been to doctor for this & after taking so many medicines I got no relief. Tell me what to do?
I am 29 years old. My height is 5 feet 8 inch and weight 90 kg. My shoulder aching since 2 months. What should I do. Whether to consult doctor or any exercise will make it okay.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.