Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 4 year old son has expressive language delay, will everything get well by time or some medication or therapies are required?
My daughter in age of 9 month is having fever from last 3 days and yesterday night she becomes silence (behosh ho gayi)(even not crying). What to do?
I have a lung fibrosis, could you please help me out. What are the foods and other precautions should I have to lead better life.
I am 7 th pregnant and my baby weight is 977 grams is it sufficient to baby or should I improve the baby weight.
Can a nephrotic syndrome child take salt in food? Is it harmful for him? How can nephrotic syndrome be cured?
My baby girl is 7.5 months old and her weight is 6.5 kg. At the time of birth her weight was 3.1 kg. I have exclusively breast feed my baby till now. My doctor suggested me to give her formula milk (Similac formula stage 2) to increase her weight. Is it good to give her FM and breast milk (combination feeding) or else I will go with the only breast feeding.
My baby born with 2.5 kgs. Please guide me how to put on his weight. Wat diet my wife has to follow.
My 3 & half year old daughter is a healthy child but she has motions cleared at an interval of 2 -3 days. This has been going on from a month now. Is that normal? or I need to give her any medicine for regular motions. Please suggest.
I have 7 months baby. He fell off from bed 2 days ago and he is making sound which is like while going bathroom difficulty to go to motion that sound he is making for a long time. What is the reason for that? I am using sms drops and cyclopam drops for that. What is the reason for that sounding and how to overcome this problem?
Hi doctor, My baby girl is now 13 months old. Her birth weight is 2.8 kgs. Now her weight is just 8.9 kgs. Is this enough or what should I do for her weight gain? She shows very less interest in eating. She often falls sick for cold cough & fever. Please suggest what should I do?
My 6 weak old daughter keeps on crying while she awake or keep sucking milk otherwise she sleep. What should I do to keep her calm.
My son is 4.7 years old he is having dry cough from last 2 ,3 month tried so many medicines. please help
My boy is 2.6 years weight is 11.0 kg last 8 months fever coming blood test and xray normal t.b also tested no result hot water taken every month used 30 ml anti boitc cold and cough syrup used I am feeling sir, please tell me any suggestion give me sir.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.