Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mira TupeYour feedback matters!
I am feeling sleepy always. How can I reduce my sleep. When I start sleep, I will continue till anyone calls me. Please tell me some remedy to reduce my bad sleeping habit.
Hello Doctor I am 18 year old girl I have a habit of masturbation from last 2years is it normal or it will effect my health. please suggest.
My husband have itching on his body from last one month Dr. suggest him scabigard. But its not work. please suggest some medicine.
I am 21 year old male I have abdomen pain for the past two days. I have tried some home remedies but still there is pain. What should I do now?
My daughter is 6 years old and for last 1 week she is having one big boil on her left forehead and in some parts of head along with lower part of left eye having boils and swelling. We are cleaning it with warm water and twice we are putting Himalaya eye drops twice a day. But the boil is in puss formation on her forehead. Please suggest medical reason and cure. Could it be because she ate mangoes during this summer month or probably because of excessive rising temperature of this summer?
Dear doctor, I am 68 with medication for bpand diabetes. As of today I have good health with bp and diabetes under control with regular medication since many years. Please advise me which are the routine test that I should do periodically to keep me fit? by the grace of god I never had any major sickness as on today. Please advise.
I have a masturbation problem whenever I am in anger mood after that I am automatically in mood of sex why so?
Hello sir/mam, I have a problem regarding sex. I am unmarried 22 year old person. I am suffering from my low penis size and decreased sex time. I had a masturbation habit that's why it happened. Now how can I increase my sex power without any side effect. I don't want any issue after marriage so please help me. Regards,
I am 22 years old. I am doing masturbate 2 years. Now I did not do that. But I did not control myself. If any problems comes after marriage? Please tell me doctor shall I continue or not.
I have angioplasty and a stent is placed in a vein of my heart 3 month back but since last month I am having a lump in my left hand side nipple, does it is due to angioplasty or its something else.
I ask questions I didn't get what you said. I repeat the question. 4 Jan I done the surgery of my appendix I want go gym if I'm ready to go gym please give me advice.
Hi .I'm 20 years female .past 1 week I'm suffering from itching and irritation around my vagina .I do had many intercourse wit my bf .but this is first time I'm facing this prblm .I couldn't sleep at night .pls help me out .thank you.
Im suffering from malaria, I was visited many hospitals, used many prescriptions, but still im unhappy! please suggest me what should I do?
What is the reason for getting urine infection once again even after antibiotic course within a week.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?