Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Minsan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MinsanYour feedback matters!
I am following diet plan and taking optisulin, cobadex forte but started having some hair loss so they suggested BTN forte to compensate for proteins but I am getting yellow coloured urine after starting that and had blackish stool today. What should I do?
I have been losing a lot of hair becuse of use of minoxidil morr 12. 5% for two months about 1 year ago which is very much concentrated. When I scratch my scalp, sticky like substance is on my scalp. Now, doctor suggest me to use regaine 5%. What should I do to regrow my hairand prevent hair loss. My hair fall problem starts from use of morr12. 5% not hereditary.
I got an accident two weeks back, how to heal my wound and scratch marks fast. How to remove scare marks in my face fast?
The dark pigmentation, also known as hyperpigmentation is a condition whereby there is an elevated production of melanin, the pigment responsible for the skin color. The hyperpigmentation can be an extremely unpleasant and annoying experience affecting the overall appearance of a person.
What triggers the hyperpigmentation of the skin?
- The hormonal imbalance can be an underlying factor responsible for the increased production of the melanin by the melanocytes. It is a well-known fact that the use of birth control pills can elevate the estrogen and progesterone level. The increased estrogen level acts as a catalyst, triggering an upsurge in the melanin production.
- The dark pigmentation can also be a hereditary trait that runs in the family.
- In some, if not all people, increased exposure to the sun rays can trigger a skin inflammation leading to hyperpigmentation.
- The problem can also stem from skin allergies that may result in an inflammatory response, eventually giving rise to the skin pigmentation.
- Certain medications such as chemotherapeutic drugs, anti-seizure drugs, non-steroidal drugs, or hormone therapy can act as catalysts resulting in dark pigmentation.
- Skin damage caused by eczema or identical dermatological conditions can also lead to pigmentation of the skin.
Natural remedies to reduce the dark pigmentation
While medications and treatments may be available to reduce the hyperpigmentation of the skin, most people opt for the natural remedies which prove to be equally effective, if not more. Mentioned below are some natural remedies that have produced amazing results in the case of hyperpigmentation.
- Many people with skin pigmentation or blemishes have benefited immensely from the use of potatoes. Just cut a potato in two halves and sprinkle some water on the exposed side. Now take this exposed side of the potato and gently rub it on the affected skin area. Keep it for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Regularly use this for about a month (three to four times daily).
- Apple cider vinegar can also work miracles in the case of dark pigmentation. Take water and apple cider vinegar (about 3-4 tablespoons each) in a bowl. Apply this mixture on the affected skin area and then wash off with water (lukewarm) after 5 minutes. For the maximum results, the mixture should be used twice daily.
- Lemon, known for its bleaching properties can also be used to treat the pigmentation. Take lemon juice and turmeric powder (1 tablespoon each) in a bowl and apply it on the affected skin every night before retiring to bed. In the excitement, however, do not forget to rinse it off with water after 15 minutes.
- You can also use lemon juice (1 whole lemon) and organic honey (2 tablespoons) mixture on the skin. Wash it off after 15 minutes and skin pigmentation will be a thing of the past. Use this regularly (twice daily).
- The regular use of aloe vera gel (2 tablespoons) and raw honey (1/2 tablespoon) can also work wonders to reduce the pigmentation. The mixture applied should, however, be rinsed off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.