Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Milind PatilYour feedback matters!
Hello I am ketan I am suffering lover back pain for last fifteen years. I do all things like xrey, mri. But result is normal, I took homeopathy.
Replacing the damaged, decayed tooth with an artificial one on an artificial tooth root is known as Dental Implant. In this procedure, the lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. In dental implants, sound tooth are not touched for support, unlike in root canal and extraction.
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am 45 year old men when I am urinal then left side nus swaling (pisab karne ke samay left side ke upper wali nus ful jati hai or bahut jor ka dard hota hai). Gal balder ki nus kamjor hai jis ki wajah se sujan aati hai or dhattu rog bhi ho jata hai.
I have ill for fever last night so you take advice and about some medicine name so please take advice.
I am becoming fatty now a days even though I don't eat much food wat kind of diet may you follow pls suggest Dr.
How do I know my girlfriend is a virgin? Her hymen didn't break when we had sex. And she didn't seem to enjoy it that much. She just had a blank expression on her face while I was entering her. How do I know if I was her first?
My spanish Girlfriend is 40 years old and myself an Indian 31 years old so I just want to ask the doctors. Can I marry with her because I want to ask you for my future planning there should be all good for kids n sexual relationships for future and my wife's health in future. Thanks please suggest.
I am 30 years mail and suffering from hyper gas. When I sleep at night giddiness came. Feels potty but could not do clearly. If it's clear than my stomach itches. I used to get relief from consuming antacid. So pls suggest me what to do?
I am 40 years old male. My weight is 88 kg and height is 5.8 feet. What can I do for decrease the weight and how much should be decreased?
I have frequent urination problem. Urine quantity is not so much, it is normal or in small qty. But it happen in 1 to 1.5 hours interval. It happen more at time 1-2 hour after midday meal till evening. And if penis is erect for 15-20 minute then it create urge of urination. Sugar & rest things is normal in urine analysis. No any microorganisms found. Then what may be reason & what is remedy. Thanking you.
I was fair and had a very much glowing skin. But now a days I have lost my fairness and glow. How can I get back my fairness?
I have skinny body. And weak. I am doing regular masturbation. How to gain muscle and keep fit my body. I am worrying about my health.
My age is 28, height 5'6" My weight is 43 kg. Blood sugar & bp is normal. Pls tell me how I will increase my weight?
Bariatric surgery refers to a host of surgical procedures that help a person suffering from obesity to lose weight. Various methods are used to achieve the desired results, often times using the help of a gastric band to decrease the size of the stomach or surgically removing a small portion of the stomach.
Notwithstanding the result, bariatric surgery like any other surgery, involves certain risks. Some of them are:
- Uncontrolled bleeding: One of the most common risks that any surgery entails is that of excessive or uncontrolled bleeding. If this condition persists, they often times lead to death.
- Infection: Though infections seemingly appear easily preventable and easy to deal with, they often snowball into fatalistic danger to the point of no recovery.
- Side-effects of anesthesia: Administering a general anesthesia before performing any surgery is a common practice. However sometimes it may yield certain unforeseen consequences.
- Clotting of blood: Quite similar to excessive bleeding, even clotting of blood presents an equally if not more hazardous situation. Though sometimes timely intervention of medications resolves the situation, often it aggravates into a grievous cause of concern.
- Hypoglycemia; Hypoglycemia refers to the condition when there is a deficiency or the lack of glucose in the blood. Though this is a side-effect of bariatric surgery, it does not appear immediately but rather surfaces many years after the operation was performed.
- Emotional disorder: Along with physical ailments, post bariatric surgery may also affect you emotionally. Post-bariatric surgery may sometimes lead to emotional and behavioral disorders in you and sudden, incomprehensible mood swings.
- Death: Though rare, one cannot negate the possibility of death as a plausible risk of bariatric surgery.