Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Milind KanjalkarYour feedback matters!
My 2 years old son having red eye corner in his right eye for 8 days. No discharge coming and no swelling found. And redness increase only if he put his fingers twitching his eye. Will it be cured by itself or I have to consult a doctor.
Hi my daughter is 3 years old and she was having viral fever every after 2 or 3 weeks and my doctor asked for a blood test we found out that she is having deficiency of vitamin d 8.68ng/ml and total WBC'count 3,500 cu. Mm and hemoglobin 12.10 gm/dL. What is the problem?
Gd mrng sir, what to do for mother milk well secretion or increase i.e)any food or any tonic or syrup or other your valuable medical advice. My baby born in two weeks ago. So, please help me sir for mother healthy condition.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
You can find soy milk lining the shelves of most grocery stores. With a wide range of child-friendly flavors, such as vanilla and chocolate, this creamy dairy milk substitute can be appealing to kids of all ages. Some infant formulas are even made from soy. As with any food item, soy milk has several potential advantages and disadvantages for the children who drink it.
Pros and Cons: Allergies
Millions of children throughout the United States suffer from some level of allergies related to cow's milk, warns the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. The agency says that soy milk can be an ideal substitute as it doesn't contain the lactose protein that can cause kids such trouble. On the flip side, some children are allergic to soy products. Because food allergies can vary widely in terms of severity, consult your doctor if you have any concerns about your child's allergic reactions.
Pros and Cons: Hormones
Research is inconclusive regarding the effect that soy milk and other soy products may have on a developing child's hormone levels, reports Harvard Medical School. Soy milk contains estrogen receptors that may mimic the effects of estrogen, and may affect cancer risks related to breast and prostate cancer. Harvard notes that there's yet to be sufficient evidence to avoid soy milk, and that cow's milk also contains hormones that may potentially be harmful.
Pros: Bowel Movements
Children ages 3 years or younger may benefit from being fed soy milk formulas over cow-milk-based formulas. The National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus reports that soy formulas help such children experience fewer cases of diarrhea and less frequent bowel movements, potentially because of soy milk's fiber content.
Pros: Calcium Supplementation
Washington University advises using fortified soy milk as a way to ensure your child is getting enough calcium. Sufficient dietary calcium intake among toddlers and children helps ensure proper growth, development and strong bones, according to the university. Additionally, the university says fortified soy milk also contains vitamin D, a vitamin that enhances calcium absorption.
Cons: Thyroid Problems
In very rare cases, soy milk given to infants can cause fluctuations in thyroid levels, which can cause goiters, warns the National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus. Goiter is the medical term involving an enlarged neck related to thyroid problems. The institute's report that the problem ceases when soy milk is withheld.
My child is 2 years & 2 months old but he is not speaking anything, just random words he speaks but it has no meaning. What to do?
My baby is of 2 1/2 month. Is it good to use goodnight or allot as mosquito repellent in the room? It is harmful or not?
Hi, my baby is 1 1/2 month old. There are lot of mosquitoes in the house no matter how clean we keep. Can we use mosquito coil or in liquid refill, please advise. Also once bitten what ointment or cream should I apply for the baby? Please help!
Sir my 8 month old baby is not sleeping well Sir total he well slp mor 1 hour and afternoon 1 hour tat too disturb slp oly. I give him food fully and I check he went any urine all but nothing. Simply he keeps getting up. Night also disturb slp. Wat to do. Pls help.
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
45 days vaccination given to my child. Dr. suggested pcv and Rota virus vaccination also to give which is optional. How does it help my child? Will my child find difficulty after vaccinated?
My baby is suffering from GSD Type1a. He has no weight gain since 2nd month and growth is also very slow. Till now not holding head and not rolling over. Doctor had advised for liver biopsy. Please advice is it done now as baby is only 6 months and 4.5 kg weight. When will growth start for my baby. Will he become normal. Can he recover without liver transplantation. Also kindly suggest diet chart mainly suggest foods which can be and cannot be taken. Thank you.
My age is 32 years, and I have a one child who is 2 year old. Last 10 days when I do the sex then I have a pain in my lower abdomen. please tell me its a normal or not.
My one years baby cries a lot do not know the reason she was in mumbai now shifted to kolkata for 2 mths.
Hi Doctor, I've a gal child this month 29th six months will be completed I need to know what food can I start with breast feeding how many times in a day?
I gave birth to a boy on the 24 week1day of pregnancy. 760grms weight. Now in ICU. Have any problem in future?
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist