Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Miland Ranade
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Miland RanadeYour feedback matters!
Im 21 years old female. I had sex in september 26th and took unwanted 72 pill. I got my periods on 9th and 29th october i.e. Twice in a month. So in november I should get it again as its already 29th of november and my menstrual cycle is regular. Im worried. Am I pregnant? Should I wait fr a week or go fr a pregnancy test at home? Pls reply as soon as possible. thanks.
I am 29 years old. My menstrual cycle lasts for 24 days. I got married on 17th July 2016. My LMP started on 2nd July. I had due date on 27july but I missed my periods that are regular. I thought I am pregnant but since morning I am observing spotting and abdominal cramps. What can it be? Kindly help.
A healthy and physically fit body is a prerequisite of a happy life, thus it is important that we prevent our body from STDs. STDs are nothing, but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus, teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same.
Related Tip: "6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of"
Sir, I am 23 years old, for some family issue I don't want child now, so sir please help me how to use mifegest kit, the procedures.
My friend had protected sex with her bf but unfortunately his condom got tore, now she is worried. This is her first time it ever happened, what is the the best time for her to take an i-pill, and how many tables does she need to consume to stop unwanted pregnancy? Is taking 1 single I-pill enough? P.S. This is her first time of taking such pill. Please advice.
Hi, When a pregnant lady can take Saffron with milk to whiten the babies complexion. And how long we can take the saffron. Please can you tell us that a pregnant lady can eat peanuts? Regards, Ajay.
Sir my gf take unwanted 72 with in 48 hr before 10 day. Again she has a periods. Today is 2ñd day of bleeding ,heavy bleeding occurs. What can I do.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!