Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Miland RanadeYour feedback matters!
Gay sex will causes to effect sex power and oral sex have side effect if it have side effect then I want to know wht type of effect it create.
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
What is healthy wearing a bra or not wearing a bra. Actually I feel uncomfortable wearing one. So I usually do not wear bra when I am at home. and I'm home for 5 days a week. So is there something I should worry about. Will it affect my health in the long run.
Hello mam/sir she had periods on 14 november of this month and we had unprotected sex on 17 november after 10 to 15 mint I give her unwanted 72 to and after 22 november she is bleeding and now before todays ago she had STOMACHACHE what should she do. Is there any chances to get pregnant.
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took (postpone 72) pill only one pill within 10 mints. 23,24,25th continually 3 days we had un protected sex per day 2,3 times. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill. March 13th to 16th already I got my normal period. Now april 1st and 2nd I got bleeding. Its not heavy flow bt its minimal flow continually april (1st, 2nd minimal bleed) (3rd very slight bleed) Nw my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? Wt should I do nw? I need detailed answer. Thanx.
One of my relative, 40 yrs female who is diagonized with schizophrenia has been using Respodal 2mg & Pacetane 2mg both grinded together and taken daily for last 6 years. Does this medicine have any effect on Menstrual cycle, after taking this she is having irregular periods, for this she did consult Dr. and used some medicine and she did have menstrual cycle once in a while not regular but finally was told may due to her age (40 yrs) she ie nearing to menopause. But recently she had gone out of station and she was not on medicine (i. E Respodal & Pacetane) she had a menstrual cycle after almost 7 months and having not taken medicine for 10 days she again started taking medicine after 10 days gap now she is having tingling on hands and she wakes up all of a sudden in night and need to message the arms. What can be the reason behind this? Earlier she also had problem like tongue has been pulled inside or twisted. Does the taking of this medicine effect Heart too.
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Things to which body gets hypersensitive and reacts in the form of unwanted symptoms are allergies. These can be either on the skin, an immune response like fever etc, or food allergies. Acute onset and recurrence of symptoms are most irritating factors of allergies. Thus, prevention is the best solution and here are few tips to keep allergies at bay.
1. Early morning schedule -
A regular exercise schedule of min 20 mins stretching and 20 mins Yoga in soft sunlight will help to keep the vitamin D3 levels maintain. This will also help to keep the calcium levels up.
2. Breathing exercise -
Deep breathing in a rhythm like in yoga will help increase in lung capacity. This also keeps lower your anxiety.
3. Proper sleep -
Sleep more or less both ways is a source of illness. For an adult, a good sleep of 7-8 hrs is helpful to keep mind stress free. Most important 'Early to bed and early to rise keeps a person healthy wealthy and wise.'
4. Proper water intake -
Good amount of water intake at a regular interval will keep your body hydrated. This indirectly helps immune response and other physiological functions to work at full.
5. Keep healthy food -
It's really hard to find organic food material. Thus, roof gardens and kitchen gardens are increasing day by day. Taking raw salads and sprouts will help to provide routine vitamins and minerals. Seasonal fruits ones a day by chewing rather than juice will stimulate the appetite and balance metabolism.
The esophagus is the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach. However, it is not just a simple tube. The lower esophagus has a specialized muscle around it that usually stays tightly closed, opening only to allow food and liquid into the stomach. It acts to prevent the reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus.
Symptoms occur when this specialized muscle weakens and allows stomach acid to splash up into the esophagus. These symptoms include heartburn, chest discomfort, and bitter fluid flowing up into the mouth. Chest discomfort can occur. If the stomach juice trickles into the breathing tubes, hoarseness, cough, and even shortness of breath can occur. This entire problem is called gerd (gastroesophageal reflux disease). A number of factors, including certain foods, may cause the lower esophageal muscle to relax, causing gerd.
1. Pineapple and papaya.
Pineapple contains bromelain and papaya contains papain, both substances known as proteases which are digestive enzymes that help with the breakdown of protein.
Normally, your body would use pepsin to digest protein, but this enzyme is most effective in very acidic environments like the one found in your stomach. Those on acid reducing diets, as is often recommended for gerd patients, may find the digestion of proteins difficult, resulting in pain and reflux.
Adding pineapple and papaya to your gerd diet can help alleviate these symptoms by facilitating the breakdown of proteins.
2. Iodized salt.
Now, we have always heard that salt is bad for us and we should avoid it. Well, if you have gerd, you may have to hand over the chocolate, but you do get to sprinkle a little bit of salt on those veggies in your gerd diet.
Low iodine levels can contribute to hypothyroidism which is often associated with acid reflux. Many people today use sea salt which has not been iodized, so if this is the case, you should add some regular salt to your diet.
If you are unable to eat salt due to health issues, you should consider taking an iodine supplement. Low sodium levels have also been connected to acid reflux, so make sure you have at least a little salt in your gerd diet.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids.
This is controversial since many people say that adding omega-3s to their gerd diet significantly reduced gerd symptoms, while others claim that it actually made them worse.
Similarly, fatty fish (a high source of omega-3) is on the “avoid” list, but many gerd sufferers say that they have no problem eating salmon or tuna.
If you are able to handle omega-3s, the health and healing of the fish oil benefits are effective in boosting immunity and repairing damage. A fish oil supplement may also be taken if your body reacts better to this option.
What to avoid on a gerd diet?
Although specific foods to avoid may vary from person to person, there are a few general guidelines that may help reduce symptoms of gerd.
1. Spicy food.
Certain hot spices are known to irritate the esophagus and cause heartburn. Avoiding these may help prevent painful symptoms and reduce the risk of ulcerations.
2. Trans fats and high fat foods.
High fat foods, particularly those that contain trans fats, can cause reflux because of the large amounts of acid required to digest them. Foods with a high fat content have been linked to a decrease in les pressure and a delay in stomach emptying which can also lead to acid reflux.
As well, dangerous trans fats have been connected to esophageal disease, and since gerd can also contribute to complications with the esophagus, it is best to eliminate them from your gerd diet.
3. Very hot food and liquid.
It is best to let food and beverages cool a little before consuming since very hot substances have been linked to stomach and intestinal ulcers, which can intensify the symptoms of acid reflux.
4. Mint and chocolate.
Both peppermint and chocolate contain chemicals that can stimulate the release of stomach acids while also relaxing the smooth muscle sphincter between the stomach and esophagus, often resulting in acid reflux and heartburn.
Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach and is actually one of the most reported causes of heartburn.
6. Your own trigger foods.
Given the complex nature of gerd, this one has to be added. I know it is repetitive, but everyone has certain foods that irritate their condition and cause severe symptoms. Make a list of these foods and avoid them in the future.
Don't Panic !
Having unprotected sex isn't the smartest move a person can make, but it isn't necessarily the end of the world, so follow the advice below and you should be fine.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I'm Pregnant
Finding out you're pregnant can be the happiest or the scariest day of your life.
Don't wait around and bury your head in the sand saying 'it won't happen to me' and 'I'll be fine' you might not be, and then you'll find yourself in a much more difficult situation than if you'd faced the situation head on and quickly.
If the intercourse happened less than 72 hours ago, emergency contraception, the morning-after pill, can be taken as a precaution against you becoming pregnant. However, note that the sooner you take the emergency contraceptive pill, the higher its efficiency is.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I Have an STI
Check for any unusual symptoms around your genitals (vagina or penis), such as:
- Pain when you urinate
- An unusual or smelly discharge
- Unexplained bleeding
If any consult your healthcare provider immediately
Not all STIs have visible symptoms so even if you think you're fine, after having unprotected sex, get tested!
Go For Sexually Transmitted Disease Profile Including HIV ( 1ST Month HIV RNA, 3RD MONTH HIV ELISA), HSV 1 and 2, HbsAg, HCV, Urine Routine, VDRL, etc.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I May Get HIV
Take Post Exposure Prophylactic Drugs (Anti - HIV) as soon as possible. It works when started within 72 hours and must be continued for 1 month to prevent HIV.
Related Tip: 6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of?
I'm 27 years old and my blood group is o- therefore I would like to know that am I going to get any problem in conceiving a child or if else I conceive a child he/she will get any complications please suggest.
Dear Sir/Mam I am 30 years married female. I am taking flaxseed from last 3-4 day . I just want to know that is flaxseed lead red or brown discharge because after taking it regularly I saw red brown discharge. Kindly advise is it safe to intake regularly because I am having higher BP and its medicines are for lifetime.
I am 17 yrs girl, I haven't had sex yet, I am virgin. But problem is that my friends tease me about being virgin. Because there are no girls virgin in my group. 99% of girls in the college already had sex atleast 1 time. But I am not. Tell me that being virgin is bad. And have sex with stranger is good?
I have vagina infection, having itching problem and little allergy shown there and have pain also. Sometimes little white discharge. What should I do?
I had sex with my boyfriend last Wednesday with protection. Aftr sometime we had without protection. I guess he didn't discharge sperms into my vagina. But for safety I took iPill on Thursday. I am suffering from lower abdominal pain since last two days and little bit of bleeding while urination. I want to know if there is any problem with this situation and if everything will be fine soon. Am I pregnant or is there any steps I have to take. Please help me.
Are you pregnant and waiting to be a mother for the first time? Pregnancy is an ideal time for you to start taking care of yourself emotionally and physically. It is not a very simple thing and is associated with several complexities. Here are nine ways, following which you can undergo a healthy pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor or midwife immediately
- After finding that you are pregnant, get in touch with your doctor or midwife for organizing antenatal care.
- You will need to get important pregnancy advice and prepare for scans and tests that are required.
- Eat properly
- Consume a healthy and balanced diet on a regular basis comprising carbohydrates, protein servings, and fish.
- Take supplements
- Take pregnancy vitamin supplements in case you are not getting the essential nutrients from your everyday diet.
- Consume folic acid and vitamin D in large amounts during pregnancy.
- Maintain proper hygiene
- For keeping away from a condition known as listeria, you should avoid food items that may harbor the listeria bacteria, such as unpasteurized milk, under cooked meals, raw and under cooked meat, and many more.
- Work out regularly
- Regular exercise is important during pregnancy.
- Go for yoga, swimming, walking, and aquanatal classes as you need to build your endurance and strength. This prepares your body to deal with pregnancy.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises as these help in having a toned pelvic floor that ensures you of a smoother childbirth.
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol is unsafe during pregnancy, and you should totally try to avoid drinking. Heavy drinking during pregnancy is fatal for your baby in several ways.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid having mild stimulants such as coffee, cola, and tea when you are pregnant. The high caffeine amounts may increase the chances of miscarriage
- Avoid smoking
- Undertake pelvic floor exercises
It is also very important for you to get sufficient rest when you are pregnant. You are bound to get tired easily because of pregnancy hormones that are in high levels. Try taking naps during the day if your night sleep is disrupted. Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, stretching, massage, deep breathing, and visualization. For a healthy pregnancy, without any complication or hazards, these also play an important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.