Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Michelle VasYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My son is 10 years old. He is eating slate pencils daily. He will not eat food, he is looking very dull. So, please give me suggestion what I have to do.
Hello sir, a 2 months old child have high temperature in head and low in foot in full day, what the problem & treatment?
Hii I have 11 days baby I want to my baby is become generous what should I be done may I give DHA in to lactating mother.
My baby 11 months old & still weight is 6 kgs only can any one please suggest for weight gain Present baby eating below foods: rice with Dal & rice with tamarind Bread in morning & mother milk feeding only Out side milk was not drink.
My baby is 7 months old and she is not sleeping properly at night due to runny nose. No fever. No cough. Please suggest some syrup.
Tell me what are the reasons for giving Hepatitis B injection to new born baby after on month. Are there any side effects of it ? Thank You
Hello doctor. My son is 13 month old. Yesterday he pour hot water from kettle. It cause blister in left knee & right foot. I went to hospital immediately. They gave silver nitrate ointment alone. For a week. My question is the ointment alone can workout or anything else I have to give him for less recover time. Thanks in advance.
I have twin baby 5 month old I m not having enough milk can you give an advice what to give and what not to give.
My baby is 2 months 4 days old? What should be his feeding schedule? He was born full time with 2.6 kg wt.
My son is 11 years old he is suffering from thalaseemia disease past 10 yrs the remedy is every 28 days once we are giving the blood transfusion 300 ml packed cells b+ blood in salem tamilnadu what should I do?
Hello sir My son is 16 months old and still he has not started walking him self He walk with sports of fingers or any My delivery was normal n baby also health 3.9 K.G Pls tell me what to do His dr tv vitamin n vitamin D iron But still no use I am worried Pls help me
My son is not able to speak clearly. He can speak fast with specific words but rest his words are not clear, he is 2.5 years, please suggest is this is normal or need specific attention?
Hi. My daughter is 4 month old but she is unable to respond to her neck? Means she can not straight her neck itself when her head is bended right or left.
I have 4 month baby having multiple disorder & low birth weight & still not gain weight.Please do help.
Hello sir/mam Dear Dr. Mere son k legs par pimples hai wo Thik nai ho raha hai, wo baar baar khujli kar deta hai jisase blood aa jata hai. So kya blood check karana padega.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.