Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mena KherYour feedback matters!
Hi doc I am 27 year old married female now trying to conceive but I have been noticing before a week for my periods gas is passing through my vagina and feel very tired with leg pain can this affect my chances of becoming pregnant please help me with solution.
Every month before or during menstrual cycle I am suffering from headache nd vomiting. How can I get rid of this? Why it is happening to me?
My semen count normal wife menses normal still she is not pregnant should we go for hsg follicular study normal?
My friend complains of having thyroid for which she takes thyroxine tab regularly and has polycystic ovaries. She is 33 years married and is planning for their baby. Her serious concern is she bleeds even after 5 years of marriage during intercourse. Doctors consultation could not find a root to her problem. What should she do now.
Main Yeh Jan na chahata hu ki new baby paida I mean pregnant krneke liye kb sex krna sahi ha? Aur mere bibi ka jo m.c prblm ha woh 3/4 days aage peeche hota hai. Aur is situation me kaun si time sex krne me pregnant ho shakta ha. Kindly mujhe thora jaankari dijiye.
I had simple left ovarian cyst which was about 11cm. I have undergone a minor lap instead of lyproscopy. Now 5 months have been completed of my operation. Accordings to my doctor, I dont have proper right ovary. There is only a part of it. So now I have left ovary. So please advice: 1. What are my conceiving chances? wil it take long time 2. Do cyst will occur again? 3. What should the size of the left ovary and follicle tube for conceiving. According to my doctor my left ovary is now normal in size and follicle tube too. Thank you:)
I m 23 year old. My periods date is not came at a time. And since 2 months my date is not come. What can I do?
I am 7th month pregnant I don't take any medicines only DEXORANGE cap is it ok or I should take any other multivitamin n.
My Wife cannot consume Baby this makes us Worried, we are married since 9 months, she was pregnant whn we been Physical at time of Engagement & we expected Baby early . I am aware she has jus One Tube . But still is it thing to worry orn there is some way? We hvny good relationship & bounding . But still can you Suggest some Position which makes that thing possible faster or any Kind of Injection or any fair Procedure . Please Suggest .
Regarding green tea. I was asked by one f the doctors few questions. Answers are. My periods are sometimes regular some times irregular. M single age 28. M not under medication. N I do not have constipation. Sometimes it happens, but rare.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.
Hi. Samira merchant here I have headache problem during my menstruation time before n after of timing. I am 38 years old. Please confirm me is it normal. Thanks.
Bones are similar to a porous framework which is filled with minerals that make it hard and strong. With age, there is gradual degradation and the mineralized portion is lost, thereby leading to thinning of the bone. The word osteoporosis literally translates to porous bones, which is due to the gradual demineralisation. In addition to the natural ageing process, there are other diseases that can accelerate the demineralization process.
Women are more prone to demineralisation, and after the age of 40, they should take extra precaution to slow down the onset of the condition. The following are some ways to improve bone health and halt osteoporosis in the long run-
Diet: Ensure that your diet has sufficient amounts of vitamin D and calcium. Though calcium is the essential mineral for bone formation, vitamin D is required for the absorption of calcium, and therefore both these elements play a vital role in maintaining the quality of the bones in our body. Most people require about 1,000 mg of calcium and about 500 units of vitamin D for optimal bone health. This requirement goes up slightly in postmenopausal women.
Sun Exposure: In most people, exposure to the sun allows the body to make vitamin D, but careful sun protection prevents this from happening. Also, with age, the body’s ability to form intrinsic vitamin D also declines. The body, therefore, relies on supplements. Most dairy products are good sources of calcium. In addition, spinach, salmon, turnips, and broccoli are some calcium-rich foods. Supplements of calcium carbonate or calcium citrate can be taken if your diet is lacking in calcium. Vitamin D also should be included in the supplementation. The treatment for osteoporosis is incomplete without these two supplements.
Exercise With Weights: The constructive tension that exercise puts on the body helps in bone building, whatever the age may be, which prevents the onset of osteoporosis. Any exercise which improves muscle mass strengthens the bones, and puts stress on the bones is advisable. Since the fractured area due to osteoporosis mainly includes the spine, lower back exercises, yoga, tai chi, and abdominal exercises all work wonders. Pick any of these and do them for 30 minutes three times a week.
Quit Smoking: Continuing to smoke while taking osteoporosis medications is completely useless. Nicotine negates all the effects which defeat the purpose of taking the medication and is as good as taking no medication at all. So if you want the bone thinning to stop, stop smoking.
Alcohol Consumption: While a drink or two per week is permissible, more than this can harm the bones significantly.
Constant Health Watch: Talk to a doctor about how other routine medications (if any) can affect your bone health. Also, identify how frequently you should check your bone mineral density and stick to the schedule.
Bone health and osteoporosis can be managed with some conscious efforts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
Doctor, We are trying to conceiving a baby. I have been recently married on May 10th 2015. I had sex regularly. My wife menstrual Cycle 30-35 days last menses due dt# 08/08/2015. I have done my Sperm count test, Result was good no negative points. Can you help me with fast Pregnancy tips and healthy diets.
Hello doctor, I am going on a vacation for 10 days. I want my periods to be postponed. I get my periods between 28-32 days. I want to know whether using pills are safe and also want to know does postponing with pills effect pregnancy as planning for pregnancy. Also will be happy if you suggest any tablets and when to start using tablets.
I have had sex for upto 8 times now. .now me and my partner have separated. Is there a way to tighten my vagina or regrow hymen. So that there would not be any problem in future?
My delivery is done 3 days ago. It is Cesarean delivery. But after 2 days my bleeding is stop completely. What to do for that? My stomach is also going fatty day by day.
Hey m suffering from pcos n my doctor has advised me to take 2 tablets of mychiro is this helpful in bringing my periods or not coz m having irregularities in my periods. Also can I get intimate with my would be hubby as m having pcod .is it safe to get intimate. Also how can I loose My weight.
Hi im 23 years old. I got married 2 years ago. Stil im not conceived when I gone to Gynaecologist doctor she suggested to do some scanning n they found I have a multiple tiny cystic on my both ovaries. An aslo my period comes once in 3 months. Im not evaluating property. Pls let me know. Do I need to go for ivf or I can achieve pregnancy by just medicine. Since im just 23 years I do not want to loose my confidence of conceiving my own without treatment. Pls suggested me.
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.