Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mehendale M RYour feedback matters!
I do work in IT company and everyday I sit 9 hours in front of computer and my eyes become red. What should I do?
I have allergy in eyes. My eyes always remain red and lot of irritation is there in my eyes and headache also. So kindly give me suggestions.
Hi I need to know that which lens is for my eyes. I do not have any vision defect I just want to use while working on pc because im using and working whole time on a pc and and want to protect wyes from direct contact from the monitor rays.
I washed my eyea but still there are some bubbles showing in eyes. What to do its like spots on mirror.
I an facing problem of viewing objects which are far. This has started from last 2 weeks? I don't want to wear spectacle Is there any other way of curing my eyes?
My friend cannot see in bright light but after putting black glass spec he can see everything, He want to know what kind of disease he have? Please guide us.
I have numbers on my eyes. I wear glasses regularly but I don't like to wear this so can I do lasik surgery to remove the numbers? Is this safe?
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
Sir I am use my computer for my personal work and also I am software developer and 12-1 hours sit in front of computer so can you suggest some tips to avoid eye infection?
Burning of eyes. This is from past 5 6 months. Am a IT engineer. I sit in front of computer for more then 7hrs. I can not face bright lights. Please help me. Am from mumbai.
I am wearing goggles ever since am in VIth class, so can I improves my eyesight. PLEASE GIVE SOME IMPORtant TIPS.
I want to change my spectacles and it's a auto cool glass. Shall I go ahead and change the glass or consult a doctor before that.
Ent or allergic suggestion. Having problems in breathing and blinking of eyes continuously which cause in restlessness.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.