Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meghna ArgadeYour feedback matters!
Trying to pregnant 7 month but not conceiving my periods are irregular some time 2, 3 months late. Please help.
I had irregular periods. My doctor prescribed Me regestrone for three days. I got my period. During that time I was also given some antibiotics like microdox lbx. My period started on 12th and ended on 18th but I have been having continuous spotting till now (24th). The blood is brownish (kind of like the blood at the end of a period cycle). So far it had been very little but today I experienced a heavier discharge of dark, sludgy blood. My reports show that I didn't have either viral, parasite or fungal infections. Basically infection was "sterile" according to my doctor and therefore she decided to put me on broad spectrum antibiotics. Why am I experiencing this bleeding? How can I stop it? Is this dangerous? My doctor will not give me clear answers over the phone and I'm traveling. Please help me.
Ek bar mera miscarriage hua tb se 8 Mahine ho gaye h m dubara pregnant nhe ho pa rhi hu please help me.
I have bicornuate uterus. I am pregnant for 3 an half months. I had bleed for 2 times first time on 18 june and second time on 8 july. After that I had very low bleed on 22 nd and 23 rd july. Now there is no bleeding. After seeing the report of ultrasound the doctor said that there are 50%chances of being the fetus will be ok or not. I am in confusion that whether my baby is all right or not . I want to know should I proceed this pregnancy further or not?
Hello doctor am a 23 years old female. I heard from sources that if a mother is of -ve blood type and the child she is caring for the first time is +ve blood type. Then the child must surely be aborted and then the antibody or some kind of injection is given to the mother after that there will no problem with child blood type in upcoming pregnancies. My question is if it is possible in providing the injection or any treatment even before pregnancy so that the child can be saved from aborting. Doctor please help me I am planning for a child and am o-ve blood type. I can not make any harm to my child.
My marriage is on 18 April. I want to prepare my periods please suggest medicine to prepare. Last period was 26 Feb and periods are irregular. Please suggest medicine.
Hii Doctor I am 25 years old female and married 5 months back. Yesterday only I did pregnancy test and that is positive but me and my husband do not want to take chance now. Kindly suggest me needful.
My father got gun shot injury in 2003 at his back. After operation the bullet were taken out but he now limps a little bit. The problem is this that sometimes blood comes from urinal area and his belly is also coming out. How to reduce his belly fat..
Why vagina outer skin comes off and it is itching. Does it have any correlation with sex with strange or multiple person.
Hi doctor, I have pcod and I am taking myo inositol and metformin. But my period is delayed for 13 days. My pregnancy test is negative 4 days ago. My doctor said that tablets helping regulate period. I am confused. Am I pregnant. Pls help me.
Ovaries are normal in size but both ovaries shows multiple small anechoic sols in their parenchyma 4 mm to 7 mm in size.
I am 22years old. Female. Am masturbating for more than 6months. Am interested in doing it. But am afraid if I am gaining weight because of it. Will masturbating give side effects as weight gain.
Hi Doctor I am 28 years old female. Meri marriage KO 1year ho gya h. Lekin main conceive nahi ho pa rahi hu. Treatment chal raha h Dr. Ne egg. Ka size pahle kam bataya tha but ab normal (Rt. Ovary 15?15.4, Lt. Ovary 22?22.9 Endometrail Thickness 9.0) bataya h. And Dr. Ne bataya h ki follicle rupture nahi hota h till last day Dr. Ne glycomet 500 one month and fertomid 100 five days ke liye di h. Kya ye medicine rupture ke liye Best h please advise Kya main ab conceive ho paugi Thanks.
Hello. I am 24years old n m planning fr a baby. My doctor said that my two eggs have been ruptured. She has given me medicine" Neogest Sr" fr fifteen days. N asked me to wait fr my period. Can you please tel me wot r the chances of pregnancy n what happens after the eggs r ruptures. M having PCOD.
I am 20 years old and I have irregular periods i. E. Around once in six months. Provide me some medication. Have also done my thyroid test or any other tests but all of them are negative.
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.