Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had unprotected sex before 2 days and I found large amount of wet powered discharge from private part yesterday with odor, today I found without odor milky discharge, I trying for conceive please advice. Please advice me with ovulation days, when I can have sex to get conceive. LMP is 27th April, 2016 and this ime I got my periods in 35 days, before months and all I got within 32 days, is this normal?
It is a common belief that newer memories are retained and older memories are lost gradually over time. However, when someone tends to forget things in a particular pattern, it is important to take note of it.
Dissociative amnesia is a condition when a person cannot recall important personal information from a specific period of his/her life. This is usually associated with a bad memory, including war or abuse, and the person wants to “dissociate” himself/herself from that particular episode, and so tends to forget events from that phase of life. The impact could affect their awareness, identity, perception, and memory. There could be adverse effects on work life, social life, and even relationships.
Causes: It is usually seen in people who have had traumatic experiences, such as war, sexual abuse, natural disasters, severe road accidents, etc. Given the severe effect on the patients’ emotional well-being, this part of their life is dissociated and so events associated with that event are forgotten.
Symptoms: The affected person usually has sudden memory loss with inability to recall specific events from a certain period. On further probing, there could be associated symptoms like depression and anxiety. The amnesia could be localised, selective, or generalised.
- Localised amnesia: This is very closely linked to stress or trauma associated with a specific event in life, which has had an unpleasant effect on the person. For instance, the person cannot recall the year or month of a war or natural disaster. Memory loss around the period happens long after the actual event during routine conversations.
- Selective amnesia: The person forgets not the entire event, but only specific incidents related to the event. It is likely that the portion which was most impactful emotionally is forgotten.
- Generalised amnesia: Strangely, some people just forget the complete life history, including identity, location, close family and friends, routine activities, etc. The onset is sudden and can leave the immediate family members impacted badly. They may even not recollect or remember close family people.
Treatment: In addition to relieving symptoms (if any), the treatment is aimed at helping the person get rid of the memory by mourning it, process the pain, develop life skills, and improve relationships. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment, and the various components include the following:
- Encourage communication and help them understand problems
- Cognitive therapy to change feelings and behaviour and thinking patterns
- Medications like antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs
- Family therapy where symptoms are taught, especially to identify an attack
- Creative therapy like art and music therapies to create happy memories
As a preventive measure, early intervention after a traumatic event or emotionally distressing experience (war, natural disaster, sexual abuse, etc.) can help prevent and manage symptoms of dissociative disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
My wife is 32 years old, she is about 107 kg weight & height 5'5" Also not consuming pregnancy. She is not doing any exercise also. Consulted many doctors about pregnancy but they are saying about test tube baby, which is so costly. What should I do.
i am aged 23. I had my last periods on 9 th april which last for 5 days. On 18th I had sex with my partner. I took emergency pill aftr 10-12 hours. I got slight periods aftr 2 weeks. But I difnt get my periods on my actual period daye and 6 days have passed. What should I do. Help me.
A pain in the back can make even small, daily activities like bathing, getting dressed or even bending down to pick up things difficult. A quick and thorough treatment of such problems can prevent the problem from worsening. In such cases, there is an obvious need to exercise the lower back muscles. However, before performing these exercises, a lot of preparation is required to get your back into shape. Taking enough time to warm up and stretch the muscles can make a significant difference between helping and making the problem worse.
Why should you exercise your lower back?
The main reason for exercising the lower back region is to make it move gently through all types of motion so that it can have a greater range of movement during daily activities. Core strengthening exercises and stretches are recommended to prevent back pain. While doing these exercises, try avoiding activities that cause pain or discomfort. Pain is a sign of problem and one must be careful to avoid it during these exercises as it shows that you are hurting yourself in some way or the other.
Activities to be followed:
The following activities can help in increasing the flow of blood to the sore areas of your back and prepare for more activity, thus reducing the chance of aggravation.
- Soak in a tub of water: Fill a tub with water to a level that you will tend to float and thus reduce the force of gravity on your spine and muscles. Epsom salt can be added to relax the muscles. Do not to sit up too high in as it can cause stress to the low back discs. Slide down low enough so that the back is allowed to flatten a small amount, thus reducing disc and muscle stress.
- Use local heat to reduce muscle spasms: Soak a large towel with hot water and wring it out. Place it on the low back where your pain is located. You can also place a damp towel in the microwave oven long enough so as to heat the towel. Be careful not to overheat the towel. Place the warm cloth on the area of your pain for about ten minutes.
- Hip slides: Lie on your back. First move one hip and then the other towards your shoulders. Raise your right hip towards the right shoulder and then the left hip towards the left shoulder. Raise one of your hips and then the other up off the floor so that your back twists a little. Raise the right hip off from the floor and then do the same with your left hip.
- Windmill: This is a general back exercise. Create big circles with your arms by rotating them in clockwise and anticlockwise circles.
These activities are an excellent way to reduce back spasms and the stress on your back.
I am taking krimpson 35 my last period date is on Jan 20 and afetr that feb 17, 18 i got spotting but no periods. Is their any way to get pregnant. Plz reply back me soon.
My girlfriend had her menses on the 7 march and has still not seen her period up to today 7 April. We had sex on the 6 April and she took first tablet of postinor 2 then second tablet 12 hours after. We want to take pregnancy test tomorrow 8 April. Will the medicine affect the test and why has her menses not shown up.
Am 26 years female, 5 days ago got first abortion. Doctor suggested to have thyroid test and torch test. Thyroid test 4.19 and torch test shows normal expect one cvm igg 288.36 is it normal what's the normal range and what's the reason for high igg. Is the reason for my abortion and what's the medication I should undergo.
Sir Muje ya btaye ki agr unprotected sex kre apni wife ka sath BT sperm ko hum bhar chor de jaise hi aye ho kch tym phale kya is case ma Meri wife pregnant hogi ya nhi? Ya phr ma use unwanted 72 nhi Dani pde pls btaye muje ap.
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
I am 18 year old. Me and my girl friend thought for copulation but I entered my penis only upto hymen and I had a previous ejaculation 3 months ago. Is there ant possibility of presence of sperm in the pre cum or is there any chance of pregnancy ? Please any one help.
My friend name is shivani. She is suffering from irregular period from starting i. E. From 5-6 years. Is it normal or she should take medicine or proper treatment? What can be the main cause of this problem except tension?
Dr. Kya 16 saal ki girl pregnant ho skti h uske 13th day pr? Or kya gyanaecologists pregenancy ka pta lga skte h? please Dr. Help me, bhot tension mein hu m!
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.