Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I'm 29 yrs old woman. I'm a pcod patient currently having dufaston for irregular period. My hair is falling from 6 months and has thinned a lot. Plz suggest medication
I'm in 38 week pregnant still my baby not engaged in pelvic it is my first baby there is any possibility vaginal delivery. I don't want c section pls suggest to engage my baby.
Hi I am suffering from pcod, thyroid and my one fallopian tube is infected. What I have to do ? I am very frustrated now.
I am 21 years old female I have do first time intimate with my bf nd he used protection after using protection my periods not come nd it was already late 10-12 days nd I checked 3 times pregnancy test by the hlp of prega news pregnancy test kit and result was negative so my question is that why my periods not come and now what can I do for my periods come faster.
I got rashes on my vagina due to, my bf rubbed dick on it, now it is red with full of bumps, is it any skin infection? Though we never had sex, virgin, this was our frst tym, is it std? Will it get cured itself?
She got down 3 days ago but it was late with few drops of blood. can you tell what can be the problem.?
Dear sir, mam My wife has not period (MC) since last 60 days. There is any concerns about it. She is 25 years old. She has three children. Although she has done sterilization also 6 months ago.
Can I go in tour of Kashmir for 14 days in 1.5 month's pregnancy. What is the problem can occurs? please give me proper answer?
Hi All, My wife is 7.2 months pregnant and she has lots of cough. Doctor suggested the following medicines. Will the following medicines effect my baby. Please Please suggest. I am very worried -Mucoscope syrup -Mucoscope-D -ABICET-M -JUPIDOX-CV -grilinctus-BM -Spirodin-Ab -Taxim -o -Fexy 120 -Alnacort-6 -Repan-D Please reply asap.
I am 28 years old female got married two years back & trying to conceive since then but even trying from 2 years I am not conceiving. Me & my husband's all test are normal. Please suggest me how this problem can be solved.
When she is having sex she is getting too much of muscle pains and also getting too much of irritation. What should she do? Please advise.
My periods dates are April 7 May 9 June 11 July 15 Aug 14 Sep 20 Please calculate my days of ovulation. I tried last on 1st Sep but could not conceived.
Hi doctor please help me out with this, I am not getting sleep from on week it's been 6 days I dint sleep, and more over I am planning to conceive a baby becoz of this problem I am scared weather I'll get pregnant or not ! And I am very disturbed with out sleep please tell me some tipd.
I miss my period in this month. actually my date is 29,30 in every month. Now it's 8 days over the blood is not coming what's the reason.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.