Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana KavadeYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex almost a month back and not getting my dates. Due date was a week or half more than that. And I am still not down. I am worried if I am pregnant. Help !
I had periods 3 times at an interval of 1 week each before a month due to having taken contraceptive pills. After my last period I didn't had any intercourse. Last period was before 35 days or more. I took many pregnancy test but all were negative. Dere is some sort of sensation similar to wat I had in the time of periods from past 1 week. But still m not hvn periods. So I want you to know abt wat will happen.
I had sex with my partner 25 days ago however I got my periods but it only lasted 2-3 days im not sure whether it was period or pregnancy bleeding ao for assurance I checked with apollo home pregnancy kit it showed negative should I be sure that I am not pregnant?
Aromatherapy involves the usage of essential plant oils in order to improve one's well-being and relieve stress. These oils are sometimes put in a diffuser and allowed to permeate the surrounding air. Stress management can be done using aromatherapy.
How Does Aromatherapy Work? Aromatherapy works by several methods such as aerial diffusion, topical application and inhalation. It can also be used rectally, vaginally or orally in case of infections and congestions. Use of natural essential oils is recommended as synthetic oils are not as effective as natural ones and the synthetic chemicals are harmful to the skin.
Holistic Aromatherapy: Having a massage where essential oils are used is known as holistic aromatherapy. The smell of the essential oil along with the oil getting absorbed by the skin or a tissue massage helps in relieving the worst muscle and joint pains or tension. Holistic aromatherapy is one of the most common ways of aromatherapy.
Along with stress relief, aromatherapy also helps in boosting the body's immunity. The immune system of the body is strengthened by stimulation of chemicals in the brain, which fight infections.
Indirect or Direct Inhalation: Indirect and direct inhalation are primary methods for application of essential oils. By inhaling the oils from a safe distance, our brain tends to slow down and ends up in a level of deep relaxation.
Stress causes a lot of serious health problems in our body and the inhalation modes of aromatherapy are excellent procedures to relax emotional turmoils that lead to extreme stress.
Aesthetic Aromatherapy: This method of aromatherapy involves the use of essential oils in diffusers, burners or in a bath. This popular method is availed by people of different ages. Bathing salts, bath beads and shower gels are made using essential oils, and they soothe the skin. The skin gets pampered and stress is relieved. Scented candles also contain essential oils and provide refreshment and relaxation.
Essential Oils: Essential oils are the main instruments of aromatherapy. These oils are extracted from plants using the methods of steam distillation, cold press and absolute.
The most popular essential oils which are used in aromatherapy for relieving stress are geranium, lavender, peppermint, chamomile, jasmine or lemon grass. Before using these oils, read the labels on the pack carefully to know about the natural ingredients, and they should always be diluted before using in jojoba, olive or coconut oil. The oils can also be applied to handkerchiefs, pillows and other objects.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils to give you great relief from stress. The benefits of aromatherapy are great, and the method is very simple and easy to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello, doctor I am 9 week 2 days pregnant. This is my 1st child. I vomit whole day I am not willing to eat any thing except fruits. water I eat I just puke it out. I feel sick whole day. Earlier I had pcos also bt aftr 2.3 months of treatment I conceived this baby my doctor prescribed me zofer MD 4 for vomiting nd also othr medicine like Macgest SR 300 nd FOL-XT medicine I just want to knw for hw long I am going to feel sick nd when my vomiting will stop. Cos m nt gonna tolerate it now day by day m feeling sick I am also facing constipation problem pls give me some tips to deal with this problem.
There are two methods by which abortion can be done:
- Medical Abortion - Non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
- Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating a pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D and E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
- If pregnancy is lesser than = 7 weeks; medical method with Mifepristone with Misoprostol is favorable as the success rate is as high as 97%.
- If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
- If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks - 20 weeks, then the woman needs to be hospitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only Misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the hospital. If any products are remaining, then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion. If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. before 7 weeks, final choice has to be given to the woman.
Summary of choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
- Lesser than = 7 weeks - Medical method or surgical method
- 7-12 weeks - Surgical abortion
- 12 - 20 weeks - Medicines with or without surgical procedure in hospital
Advantages of Medical Abortion
- Avoid surgery - Controlled by the woman and may take place at home
- No need for admission to the hospital
- Usually, well tolerated by women, if properly counselled and motivated
- No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be managed with menstrual pads even while in the office or at work.
Disadvantages of medical abortion
- Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
- Quick procedure
- Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception
- Takes place in a hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled
Disadvantages of surgical abortion
- Requires instrumentation of the uterus
- Small risk of uterine or cervical injury
- Timing of abortion controlled by the doctor and hospital
- Anaesthesia needs to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. A woman needs to be in the hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throughout the day.
I have entered in my 8 month of pregnancy and eating calcium tablet wid vitamin d3 I can not walk too much my back lower bone is paining badly. Why this is happening my baby is ohkk or it is gaining excess weight please tell feeling pain in my lower back .and the tab I am taking is ok for me it is free from fat or not.
Is kissing and licking vagina of my wife is healthy. Secretions occurring in vagina can go in my mouth.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, technically called menorrhagia, is one of the most common types of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Menstrual bleeding is said to be heavy if there is so much blood that a tampon or pad remains soaked for several hours.
Here are all the possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding:
- Hormonal imbalance: Estrogen and progesterone levels are the primary control mechanism for periods. If the ovaries have a problem in functioning, hormonal imbalances may occur. Heavy menstrual bleeding is most common in females who are at the start of menopause. Puberty menorrhagia can occur in adolescents who are experiencing their first menstrual period.
- Fibroids: Fibroids most commonly occur around the age when women can get pregnant. Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growth on the uterus.
- Ectopic pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg stays in the fallopian tube, but does not reach the uterus.
- Blood thinners: These are medicines, which are usually anticoagulant or antiplatelet drugs.
- Problems with IUD: A non-hormonal intrauterine device is a T-shaped device used for birth control which is inserted into the uterus.
- Adenomyosis: This is a condition in which the muscular wall of the uterus also gets the lining of the uterus intermingled with it. However, this condition is rare and only happens in middle aged women with several children.
- PID: PID stands for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and refers to any infection within the organs of the reproductive system.
- Cancer: Uterine, ovarian and cervical cancer are just some of the cancers, which may cause heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Other diseases: Liver, kidney and thyroid diseases are all included.
Ttc from past 2 yrs. All reports are normal even husband is taking fertisure m medicine, my 3 time follicular study shoes that my egg ruptures its own and on cd 15 or 16. Now please suggest what to do to get pregnant. As we can not afford expensive treatments. My age is 30 husbands is 32.3 years of marriage. My weight is 66 kg. Never took any pill. Even not conceived even once. I am a hypothyroid patient from past 2. 5 years tsh reports comes between 6. 0 to 8.0.taking 100 mg eltroxin daily.
I am 19 years old I have taken primolut N 5 mg for five days to prepare my periods date after stopping now 7 days gone but now I have light bleeding when I go to washroom few drops what should I do can you help me please urgently. Please.
I have a both anal and oral sex with a gay men and I tested for chlamydia in mouth (oral) and it came negative and if I tested negative from oral test should I have any chlamydia in butt (ass)
Hi. I am suffering from vaginal problem I get ulcer there from 2 month I am in pain please suggest me.
One tube of My wife had removed due to ectopic pregnancy 4 years ago.Now we r facing challenges in conceiving as other tube is also weak.Pls guide whether it is curable or shud v go for IVF?
My problem is that during my periods I suffer from dysmenorrhea and muscle cramps. I take meftal spas tablet 1 tablet for two days not more than that. Is that OK? I am unmarried. Are there any consequences in future? Or its normal to take one or two tablets Kindly suggest.
I am 24 years I have got polycystic ovary disease. What should I do to get relief from this please suggest me something. I am getting acne large hairfall and Brest tenderness and my weight is gaining very fast please help me to recover my problem?
Chlamydia is one of the most common STD. It is a bacterial infection, caused by Chlamydia trachomatis. Occurring in both males and females, it can be transmitted via oral, genital, or anal sex. it has been dubbed as silent infection, as the affected person hardly ever presents with symptoms. It is extremely common though about 1 in 20 females in the age group of 15 to 25 can be affected. The disease, if left untreated, can cause severe reproductive issues including infertility in both males and females. Let us look at symptoms in men and women separately.
Men: About 50% of men infected with Chlamydia will go with no symptoms. It may take about 3 weeks for the symptoms to manifest and will include
- Small amounts of discharge from the penis
- Discomfort or pain with urination
- Painful, swollen, and inflamed testicles
- Burning and itching around the tip of the penis
Depending on the mode of transmission, the eyes, throat, and rectum can also be infected and there could be throat infection or conjunctivitis also.
If left untreated, Chlamydia can affect the sperm quality and lead to infertility in men in the long run.
Women: The infection is "silent" even in females and does not manifest itself with a lot of symptoms, only 30% of infected females present symptoms including:
- Abnormal, white or light yellow vaginal discharge
- Painful sex
- Bleeding or spotting in between regular periods
- Sometimes even bleeding during sex
- Burning or itching sensation around the vagina
- Severe abdominal discomfort
In females, the infection usually travels up the urinary and reproductive tract. So, from vaginitis, it can lead to urinary tract infection, cervicitis, bartholinitis, and even pelvic inflammatory disease. If it reaches the fallopian tubes and/or the uterus, then the chances of fallopian tubes getting blocked is high. There can be scarring of the tubes and this can lead to infertility or ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in areas other than the uterus, for example the fallopian tubes). This can be very dangerous and can be life-threatening situation too.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a serious bacterial infection of the uterus and the fallopian tubes. Untreated Chlamydia infection often results in PID and requires antibiotics and bed rest.
Chlamydia infections have two negative sides to it, on one hand, it is difficult to detect given the absence of symptoms. On the other hand, there are serious implications leading to even fertility. It is therefore very important to prevent it. It is best to use a condom, especially with unknown partners; and in case of any doubt, one should get themselves tested and treated.