Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meghana Giri
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana GiriYour feedback matters!
My wife delivered a baby in the first week February this year. She had bleeding till 24th of March. Currently she is breastfeeding. Today, we had physical relationship. I did not insert my penis to her vagina. We tried anal position but suddenly sperm went insider her vagina. Please advise if she will get pregnant. We did not plan this.
Vaginal dryness is an issue that can affect women of any age. Dryness due to thinning of the vaginal lining is very common in most women and can happen before, during or even after menopause. There are a few therapeutic medications to mitigate vaginal dryness that include topical and oral estrogens. There are regular home cures, dietary supplements and lifestyle changes that can help, and also over-the-counter oils that are helpful and mitigate the symptoms of vaginal dryness.
Here are some top ways to end vaginal dryness.
- Eat less carbs: Vaginal lubricants originate from organs in the cervix. In addition, a major share of the vaginal liquid is really from the blood stream and droplets rich in sodium, potassium, calcium and different electrolytes and proteins that leak through the vaginal cells into the vaginal wall or channel. Here are a few dietary measures you need to keep in mind:
- Stay well hydrated:
- Eating a solid diet, rich in omega 3 unsaturated fats and proteins.
- An eating routine high in unsaturated fats may help in creating extra vaginal grease.
- Have more of crude pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish (particularly salmon and mackerel) as these are high in unsaturated fats
- Consume more of Vitamin A and B supplements, along with beta-carotene as these have huge amounts of omega 3 unsaturated fats
- Likewise, eat food products that contain isoflavones, which can help in declining estrogen levels. Food items high in isoflavones include flaxseed, soy, vegetables, fruits, nuts, apples and celery.
- Women are also often prescribed a multivitamin/multimineral with extra B complex vitamins.
- Work out: 20 minutes of cardiovascular movement, no less than three times each week, keeps up not just the heart’s health, but also the blood stream (to the vagina, too). Estrogen and testosterone - two hormones that decline with age and menopause - directly affect vaginal decay and dryness. General practice keeps up hormone levels by animating the adrenal organs and ovaries.
- Sexual incitement: Vaginal lubricants usually increase with sexual incitement and excitement, because of the expanded blood stream to the genital region. It is important to ensure you are satisfactorily greased up during sex, to counteract injury to the covering of the vagina or urethra and to avert infection. Some great ointments including jojoba, coconut oil, and aloe are very helpful. A vitamin E supplement might be an extra alternative.
- Vaginal lotions: These are made particularly to address dryness and can be utilized to alleviate side effects for up to three days with only one application.
- Dark cohosh: It is a homegrown supplement that is considered by some to alleviate menopausal symptoms and side effects. However, there are no clinical reviews that demonstrate its adequacy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our baby is 3 month old and is on breast feed, what risk free contraceptive measure we choose to have gap of 3 to 4 year between our babies, our baby is delivered through c section, can we go for normal next time.
Mild jogging 1hour to 2.5 hours/week intotal duration is benificial to health.The frequency of jogging should be thrice/week minimum.Intense jogging can be harmful to health.
My mother's brother wife delivery date is 24/5/2016 but she has no pain till now as their are only 5 days left for completion of 9 month. And she has no pain. Is this a serious problem. And tell me at after how many days do I can do sex after pregnancy?
I am 23 year old female, I have missed periods since last 2 months. My weight is 61. Height 159 cm. What should I do. Due to missed period I gain weight or due to weight gain I miss period? But I have not gained any weight since 3 months.
First-trimester screening is a prenatal test. It is conducted to get early information about a baby's risk of certain chromosomal conditions. It can detect conditions like Down syndrome (trisomy 21) and extra sequences of chromosome 18 (Trisomy 18).
It is usually conducted in two steps:
- Blood test
- Followed by USG
Initially, a blood test is conducted to ascertain the levels of two pregnancy specific substances in the mother's blood. The blood is tested for pregnancy associated plasma protein and human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). Thereafter, a USG is done to find out the size of the clear space in the tissue that is present at the back of the foetus’s neck.
The screening is done between weeks 11 and 14 of pregnancy. The doctor is able to gauge the risk of your baby having Down syndrome or Trisomy 18 by using your age and results of the test. This screening is quite helpful and can guard you against deadly consequences in the future. Down syndrome is known to cause impairments in the mental and social development of the child. Trisomy 18 gets often fatal by age 1. However, first screening doesn’t find out the risk of neural tube defects.
It is the first screening done in pregnancy. It can be done before any other screening. Thus, the results are known at an early stage. You will get time to think about the future consequences can help you in deciding your course of action and the decision to either continue or terminate the pregnancy. You will be ready to know and decide whether you will be able to live and take care of a baby with special needs. You can conduct other screenings later in pregnancy. You must know that first-trimester screening is treated as being optional. It can detect the risk and cannot tell you whether your baby has the problems in real or not.
Often women get worried about the test and it’s after effects. However, there is no need to worry. It will not harm your pregnancy. The foetus remains untouched and safe during the screening. It will not lead to any miscarriage or any other complication.
A practitioner will collect your blood by inserting a needle into your veins. The blood is then sent for testing to the lab. You can resume your usual daily activities. The ultrasound will need you to lie on your back on a table and the technician will put a transducer on your abdomen. The sound waves will be changed into digital images that the technician will refer to. You can get back to your normal routine as soon as the test is over.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!