Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeta Nakhare
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta NakhareYour feedback matters!
Sir my gf take unwanted 72 with in 48 hr before 10 day. Again she has a periods. Today is 2ñd day of bleeding ,heavy bleeding occurs. What can I do.
She had unprotected sex after how many days of sex we can do the test to know whether she is pregnant or not urine pregnancy test.
I just had an intercourse with my girlfriend, the girls age is 16 i'm not sure weather I ejaculated inside ! Or not ! I just wanted to confirm what are the best method to prevent pregnancy! And is i pill is a good option? Side effects of it!
Breast pain, lumps in the breast or discharge from the nipples are some of the more common complaints seen in women. Also, it is generally observed that such women are between the ages of 40-69. While most of these cases are benign, the diagnosis or the problem should be deciphered only after a detailed analysis of the case, symptoms, and history of breast cancer if any.
- Breast Pain: Breast pain can arise from a condition called mastitis. It is generally seen in new mothers where the bacteria can enter the milk ducts through the cracks in the nipple causing an infection in the tissue. These infections can also be caused in menopausal women as well, it is more commonly seen in young mothers.
- Lumps in Breast: Breast tissue changes constantly during a woman’s lifetime and the changing hormone levels during a menstrual cycle can also cause such benign lumps. Benign lumps move as you press against them and can usually be seen in both breasts.
- Nipple Discharge: While most nipple discharges arise as a result of a benign condition, it will need to be investigated further to understand whether it due to an abscess, an injury, birth-control pills, pregnancy/childbirth or hormonal changes.
- Breast Exams: The doctor will typically examine the patient’s armpits and breast in various angles for irregularities in shape, inward-turned nipples or lumps. The armpits are checked for enlarged lymph nodes as well.
- Mammography: This form of testing which involves x-rays of both the breasts is more effective in older women when the fat tissue is generally a lot more. In such cases, it is easier to identify other tissues from the fat tissue.
- Sonography: Where an abnormality is discovered in a mammography, the sonography helps to clarify things further. A lump which is filled with liquid are rarely cancerous and this can be done through a sonography.
Most women are still not aware about the factors that can put you at risk when it comes to breast cancer. Compiled below are some points that can help understand the same and what can be done to lower the risk:
- Age: While it is possible for any woman to get fibrocystic breast disease, women between 30 and 50 are more susceptible to such conditions thanks to the hormonal changes during this time.
- Family history: If anyone in your family has been diagnosed with breast cancer then automatically your risk increases. Also, if the person diagnosed is in first relation then the risk factor doubles and in case there are two people in first relation who have been diagnosed then the risk factor increases by 5 times. It is also sometimes linked to faulty gene such as BRCA1 and BRCA2.
- Exposure to radiation: In case you have undergone a treatment and were exposed to the any type of radiation near the chest area for any type of medical treatment then your risk of acquiring breast cancer increases. The younger you were at the time of radiation exposure higher is the risk.
- Obesity: Women who have a BMI over 25 are more at risk of developing breast cancer than others. Further, obesity also increases the risk of recurrent breast cancer.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding: Women who conceive after 30 years of age are more at risk of acquiring breast cancer, as breast growth cells are immature and active before a full term pregnancy and mature only after it and regulates them. Further, not breastfeeding your baby for 1 complete year can increase your risk of cancer.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has the tendency to damage the DNA in cells and increase levels of estrogen and other hormones associated with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer. Women who drink alcohol 3 drinks a week have 15% more risk of developing breast cancer, which further increases by 10% if you consume it regularly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 35 years female and I am diabetic. I want to get pregnant but not getting pregnant from last one year please suggest what should I do to get pregnancy.
People have a common perception that most injuries, medical conditions only affect those who spend several hours working outdoors. But what if we tell you that people who stay indoors- such as homemakers - are also susceptible to numerous health problems?
There’s a saying: “Home is where the heart is.” But for countless homemakers, home is the place where ‘hurt’ is! Scores of Indian homemakers encounter various injuries every year while engaging in household chores like cleaning and washing. The most common ones are:
- Sprain: If you’re a neat freak, you wouldn’t mind spending half of your day cleaning the entire house. Here’s a small tip- go slow if your cleaning duties include shifting heavy appliances and furniture from one place to another. There’s a high chance that you may end up with a sprain injury. Sprains occur when you accidentally twist your ligaments. Another major cause of sprain injuries is a sudden fall. If you’re mopping the floor or cleaning the bathroom, there’s a fair chance that you may slip or lose balance. One must be cautious when working with water.
- Back injuries: These are the most common types of injuries at home. Bending, lifting a heavy bucket or an abrupt movement, can strain your back muscles or ligaments leading to back injury. Many times the injury can result in a persistent, sharp stabbing pain, and hinder your usual routine.
- Joint compression: Homemakers spend a considerable amount of time standing in the kitchen. As tiring as it is, standing for prolonged periods puts pressure on your joints- knee joint, hip joint as well as those in the feet and the ankle. This leads to wear and tear of the synovial joints, eventually causing them to tear. In due course of time, you will find it difficult to move around and walk even a meagre distance.
Starting to get worked up? Don’t be. These problems can easily be prevented if you follow these steps-
- Avoid overstretching, bending and twisting
- Avoid lifting heavy weights. If possible, use a waist belt to keep away from traumatic injuries.
- Keep your body weight in check. Mild exercises can help you with that.
- Maintain a healthy diet- calcium intake can help your bones get stronger.
- Use muscle braces to keep your joints protected.
The most preferred and effective choice of treatment for curing muscle injuries and joint inflammation is physiotherapy. Physiotherapy uses manual therapy, mechanical force and exercise therapy to promote mobility.
- The most common method of treating such injuries is the RICE technique. ‘RICE’ stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Keep the injured part at rest. Put an ice bag on the injured portion. Compress the injured area. Elevate the wound/injury for faster relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and Aspirin are prescribed to reduce inflammation and swelling. Painkillers can offer you instant relief from pain.
- Physiotherapy treatment can effectively cure you of such injuries, that too in a short span of time. If you follow the treatment guidelines, recovery will take about 2-4 weeks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!