Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeta Mantri
Skin Whitening Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Wart Removal Technique
Stretch Marks Treatment
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Laser Treatment For Acne Scars
Acne Scars Treatment
Laser Hair Removal - Face
Chemical Peels Treatment
Fine Line & Stretch Marks Removal Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta MantriYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Meeta Mantri provides answers that are caring. Hello Dr.Meeta Thanks a lot for the detailed descriptions.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Meeta Mantri to be very helpful and caring. Love the way she talks
Everybody dreams of perfect flawless skin that will complement their personality and boost confidence. But owing to an unhealthy lifestyle and polluted environment, our skin gradually goes through wear and tear, and as a result gets damaged. Skin pigmentation can be embarrassing and annoying. Pigmentation refers to the lightening or darkening of your skin, appearance of brown pigments and dark spots. People who are exposed to the sun frequently are more likely to develop these spots on the face. These spots don’t fade easily and require professional aesthetic treatment. Skin pigmentation occurs due to excess production of melanin. The usual causes involve genetic disorders, ageing, overexposure to the sun, nutritional deficiencies and hormonal changes among others. As you age the texture of your skin changes and leaves you with dull, lifeless skin.
Laser Pigmentation reduction – How it works
Laser treatment for pigmentation is a very safe procedure to have your skin rejuvenated, so you need not worry about the side effects or complications. It is advisable to refrain from parkour activities and using makeup immediately after the treatment for few days. To know how you can benefit from this procedure, consult a dermatologist
Do you have a permanent tattoo which you want to remove because of certain circumstances? According to studies, almost 50% of people with tattoos want to have their tattoos removed via the laser tattoo removal technique.
This tattoo removal technique eliminates your tattoo without having much side effects. In the procedure, lasers are used to remove your tattoo by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo, using a high-intensity beam of light. Black tattoo pigment absorbs all the laser wavelengths and is easiest to remove, while other colours can be removed by using certain selected lasers.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure-
The number of treatments or sessions you require depends on the colour and size of your tattoo. It may take about two to four sessions in the case of normal tattoos, while for those having large tattoos; it may take more than 10 sessions to get the tattoo removed. A consultation session with a trained professional is required to help you in evaluating your situation and whether you should go ahead with the procedure.
The laser treatment varies from person to person and depends on factors such as age, size and type of the tattoo. The patient.s skin colour and depth to which the tattoo pigment extends also affects the removal process.
Protected eye shields are placed on you.
Your skin’s reaction to the laser is tested for determining the amount of energy to be used.
A handpiece is placed again on your skin surface, which activates the laser light. This process is painful to undergo. Hence, a numbing cream may be applied on you skin before the treatment session to reduce discomfort.
Small tattoos require less pulses while large tattoos require much more. After every session, your tattoo tends to get lighter, progressively.
Right after a treatment session, an ice pack is applied to your skin to soothe the areas treated. You will have to apply a topical antibiotic ointment and a bandage is used to protect the treated skin region. You must cover the area using a sunblock whenever you go out in between the treatment sessions.
Because of modern-day technology, laser tattoo removal is now a common thing undertaken by many who want to get rid of their unwanted tattoos. The procedure is much safer than the traditional tattoo removal methods like excision, salabrasion and dermabrasion.
Our skin requires proper care from time to time, and therefore it is essential to implement the right steps at the right time. Peels are useful assets for polishing and bringing life to our skin. In today’s age, it becomes difficult to maintain the tone and texture of the skin. So, peels help in making this successful in the best ways.
Here are some of the notable and effective advantages of peel treatment.
- Cleansing your skin: Are you tired of dull skin? Then it’s time to opt for a peel treatment. There are different types of peel treatment which lead to excellent results for the skin tone and texture. It helps in cleansing the skin especially the facial skin. It works deep through the facial skin successfully thus leading to much improved and clean skin.
- Works well for acne: Acne is one of the most commonly occurring skin problems in the recent times. It leads to a severe change in the looks of the facial skin. Acne results in deposition of the dirt in the clogged pores when not treated for an extended period. Various peel treatments help in bringing out the dirt from the pores, thus clearing the areas affected by acne.
- Radiant skin: Peel treatments are useful in creating radiant skin just after the procedure. If you are struggling with bringing that glow to your facial skin, then peel treatments work best for almost every type of skin. After the peel treatment, you will be able to see the change in your skin with grace and appreciate the results immediately.
- Revive your skin: Daily exposure to sun damages the sensitive skin after a certain period. This leads to the necessity to bring back that tone and texture of your skin. Peel treatments are effective in reviving the quality of the skin. So, if you are planning to opt for some new type of skin treatment in the sooner time then make sure that you try peel treatments for reviving back your precious facial skin.
- Can cure appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: With age, all of us tend to get wrinkles, and these are most prominent on the facial part of the skin. In order to prevent any adverse effects of aging on the looks of the individual, wrinkles can be cured with the help of peel treatment. So, opt for the best peel treatments to get rid of the wrinkled skin.
Thus, if you are looking for some of the fine solutions for improvement of the facial skin then make sure that you choose for the peel treatments. These are some of the advantageous features of the peel treatments which fetch the desired results for the skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How does PRP Work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this, it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- An increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
PRP Facial (Vampire Facial)
The vampire facial involves topical application of the PRP combined with micro needling. The platelet-derived growth factors stimulate a healing response that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin’s tone and texture. PRP naturally improves all aspects of skin health:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin’s texture and tone
- Naturally increases collagen production
- Pore refinement
- Creates a natural glow
- Reduces acne scars
PRP Hair Restoration
PRP Hair Restoration is a non-surgical solution for hair loss in both men and women. Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors that naturally stimulate the development of new hair follicles while improving the health of existing hair follicles.
What to expect:
First, a blood sample is obtained and processed to extract the Platelet Rich Plasma. A topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area being treated. The PRP is then administered with a fine needle in a series of injections on the scalp.
Mild swelling and redness can be expected 1-2 days following the treatment. It is recommended to avoid vigorous activity until the swelling has subsided. There is no other downtime following the procedure. New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-8 months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment.
Who should Not Have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also, those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you experiencing skin itchiness and development of dry, scaly rashes on your skin? This indicates you have eczema, which is a group of skin diseases occurring due to the inflammation and irritation of skin. Atopic dermatitis is the most common form of eczema. The disease can be controlled if proper treatment is undertaken.
Itchy skin is the most common symptom of eczema. In some cases, the itching starts before the development of the rash. The rash appears most commonly on the back of the knees, face, hands, wrists and feet. The affected areas become dry and thickened and in people with a fair complexion, the areas may turn reddish initially and then become brown.
The specific cause of eczema is yet to be determined. However, the condition is associated with an overactive response by the immune system to an external irritant. This response leads to eczema. The condition is more common in people who have a family history of allergies or asthma.
- As the condition turns the skin dry and itchy, certain creams and lotions are recommended to be used in order to keep the skin moist. You should apply these products when your skin is damp, ideally after taking a shower. This helps the skin in retaining moisture. You can use a cold compress to ease the itching.
- Several creams such as hydrocortisone cream and ointments which contain corticosteroids are prescribed in order to reduce inflammation.
- In case the affected area becomes infected, antibiotics should be taken to eliminate the infection-causing bacteria.
- Antihistamines are used for reducing the severity of the itching.
Prevention of Eczema Flare-ups
- Moisturize your skin frequently
- Avoid sudden changes in humidity or temperature
- Abstain from overheating and sweating
- Try to reduce stress
- Avoid starchy material
- Avoid soaps, detergents and solvents, which are harsh
- Be aware of food items which trigger eczema flare-ups
It is recommended for you to consult a dermatologist if you experience any symptom of eczema. This will help you with a quick diagnosis so that you can start the treatment without further worsening of the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitiligo is a disease that causes the loss of skin shading and colour in patches.
Ordinarily, the shade of one’s hair, skin and eyes is measured by melanin. Vitiligo happens when the cells that create melanin quit working or die. Vitiligo influences individuals of all skin types; however, it might be more common in individuals with a darker skin. The condition is not contagious or life threatening.
Numerous medicines may be used to restore the skin shading or level out the skin tone. A dermatologist can help you regain skin colour and arrest spread of disease by proper treatment. Here are some of the top ways to treat vitiligo:
Creams that control aggravation: A topical corticosteroid may cause the skin to return to its natural shade (repigment), especially if you begin utilising it right at the start of the disease.
Medicines that influence the immune system: Treatments containing tacrolimus or pimecrolimus (calcineurin inhibitors) might be compelling for individuals with little ranges of depigmentation, particularly on the face and neck.
Light therapy: This uses a narrow band of UVB light. You may get treatment in a specialist’s office up to three times each week.
Laser treatment: This technique brings the shading back to the patches of light skin by treating them with an excimer laser, which utilises a particular wavelength of UVB light.
Depigmentation: A solution with monobenzone is connected to the unaffected zones of the skin. This progressively lightens the skin so that it blends with the affected areas.
Skin grafting: In this system, your specialist removes little segments of your ordinary, pigmented skin and joins them to regions that have lost colour.
Rankle grafting: In this system, your specialist makes blisters on your pigmented skin with suction. He or she then removes the highest points of the blisters and transplants them to a range of stained skin.
Micropigmentation: In this method, your specialist utilises an extraordinary surgical instrument to embed colour into your skin.
Shield your skin from the sun and UV light. In case that you have vitiligo, especially in case you have light skin, use a wide range of waterproof sunscreen with an SPF of not less than 30.
Abstain from tattoos that are not associated with treating your vitiligo.
- Make-up concealers may enhance the appearance of the skin and help you feel better about yourself, particularly if your vitiligo patches are on uncovered skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair fall is one of the most common problems encountered by people all over the world. Stress is inevitable on seeing a couple of hair strands from our pillow, study table, drainage in bathroom and what not. Many reasons (including social) makes us visit places, such as Barber shops / Parlours / Friends and Dermatologists.
Hairfall has multiple reasons to its credit:
Hereditary: Genes are to be blamed (usually) for hair fall in maximum number of cases i.e the ‘Family Tree’. Anyone with Hairfall from our Father/Mother’s side can explain the same in our case.
Diet: Anything except Fruits and Vegetables (of course the Junk Food) in the diet can be a reason for our malnourished hairs and hair fall. High protein diet is beneficial in most of the cases.
Sleep: Regular sleeping habits can reduce the frequency of hair fall.
Stress: Subconcious stress is one of the major reasons for not only Hairfall but also many common illnesses encountered in our day to day life. Try YOGA, avoid Stress.
Parlour Procedures: We do an irreversible damage by treating our hairs with harsh chemicals/ Hair dryer. Please avoid.
Hard water: If your tap gives you a fluoride/hard/boring water for bathing, its time to switch to a treated water.
Medications: Excessive, unnecessary medications for some other diseases may also make your hairs to fall.
Dandruff: Hair oil application (usually) increases the dandruff of the scalp which leads to hairfall. Avoid doing so.
Google Gyan: You may actually harm yourself by following the Tips on Google (which usually are devoid of any scientific proof).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!