Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenal Chiplunkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenal ChiplunkarYour feedback matters!
My last period was in feb on 10 th I missed my periods and m pregnant so it will counted as which month baby like 1 month or so.please help
Hello doctor. Am 5 months pregnant and have an extreme craving of white clay which is also known as khade in Hindi. If I doesn't take some pieces of that I get nausea. So please advice me that can intake of white clay is dangerous to my baby or me. please help me out Thanking you.
Causes of Male and Female Infertility
Hi friends, I’m doctor Hema Parashar. I’m ayurvedic gynecologist for Jay Hospital Najafgarh, New Delhi. I’ll be discussing today Infertility which is very common. I won’t be discussing all the topics of infertility, I’ll discuss some of the topics only which are usually unseen by most if the doctors. Some causes like fear, disharmony of marriage causing tubal spasm, less knowledge about sex. Besides that anemia, tuberculosis, thyroid, that is hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, either of the two and PCOD.
PCOD, Polycystic Ovarian Disease is among one of the most common reasons for infertility these days and very, unfortunately, though it comes in unmarried females, it is usually unlooked upon by parents. Parents should always take care that their daughters are getting their menstrual regularly and not having any other sort of problem which could be PCOD and thus can be treated as marriage itself so that the females don’t suffer infertility after marriage.
Besides that in secondary infertility in males are, there could be coverage, it could be diabetic militias, it could be a smoker or drug abuse or alcoholic. In female’s most common cause are post child birth and post abortion pelvic infections. Besides that, it is viral infections and over here in my case I give Ayurvedic treatment to the patients, to the couples besides the social and physiological support which is, which is desperately and very much needed today in infertility patients. I have taken a lot of care to give social and physiological support along as much as possible.
In patients who come to me are usually those who have suffered infertility for years together and got treated from all various places and thus they are usually overloaded with aliphatic drugs, generic sorta hormones and ayurvedic treatment which is far from side effects usually gives excellent results. Besides that in males who suffer from Oligospermia, Oligozoospermia, even Azoospermia, premature ejaculation ayurvedic treatment gives excellent results.
If you suffer from any diseases of this sort or if anybody near you or known to you suffers from any diseases of this sort, you may contact me through lybrate or you may come directly to my hospital, Jay hospital in Najafgarh. Thank you.
Infertility primarily refers to the biological inability of a person to contribute to conception. In women, it may also refer to the state when she is not able to carry a pregnancy to its full term.
According to ayurveda, preparing for conception can be easily compared to the process of farming. Just like the health of a crops depends on the quality of soil, seed, timing of sowing, and amount of watering it, gets the health of baby depends on the health of its parents, for a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factor-:
1. Sperm/ovum (seeds)
2. Uterus (soil)
3. Nourishment (water)
4. Time for conception (timing of sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then according to ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissue in the body.
I had abortion on 20th july and after I had minor sex on 4th of august the next day I had unwanted 72 its been 12 days. Can I be pregnant? Please help me.
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
My friend is trying for baby from last 6 months neither she is pregnant nor her periods are coming. She used injections for avoiding around 9 months before. Please help.
Simple ways to show courtesy.
1. Don't break up with someone over text messages.
2. In case you miss a call, drop a message as soon as possible if you're unable to call.
3. Pay back borrowed money as soon as possible no matter how little the amount is. Don't assume that they don't need it and never make them ask you for it.
4. Turn the volume down when you're watching a video, playing music or playing a game on your phone in a public place or better yet, use headphones.
5. Don't press your phone or use headphones when someone is having a conversation with you. Unplug the headsets from your ears even if nothing is playing and give them your undivided attention.
6. When using someone else's phone or computer, don't go through their stuff without permission.
7. Always leave the last piece (of meat) for the person who bought it unless they insist they won't eat it.
8. Don't use speaker phone to have a two person conversation unless your hand are unable to hold the phone.
9. When someone else cooks for you, offer to help clean the kitchen.
10. If you stay the night at someone's house, make the bed or fold the blankets when you leave.
11. Don't let your arguments escalate in public. Find some where else to continue arguing where others won't feel uncomfortable or interested.
12. If you ask your friends for help with some house work, feed them as payment.
13. When someone buys you food or coffee, try to return the favour within a week (if You can)
14. When you borrow someone's car, fill up the tank as a way of saying'thank you'
15. Don't smoke when someone around is feeling uncomfortable. (so wrong)
16. Make sure you don't forget to return that book you borrowed.
17. When someone gives you a gift, no matter how small it is or the way it was presented, even if it wasn't up to your expectation, just say'thank you.
18. When you have someone deserving of Your respect by way of age or status who's friendly and makes himself free with you, speak to them with respect.
19. Don't feel too big to be corrected or reject good advice because you feel it's your life.