Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Yelvantge
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi YelvantgeYour feedback matters!
Very good experience
Hi I am 36 year old, 5'7" height and 86 kgs weight, i put on weight after my second son delivery with c- section last year, i wanted to put down my weight at any cost, please help me out
I am having white discharge since from pregnancy now am a second lacking mother I am using tablet and internal ointment to but am not getting white discharge is stopping or not can I know what is white discharge is this is normal in everyone.
We all know that our intimacy plays an essential role in how we feel about ourselves and how others perceive us. But what happens when one is stuck with paralysis, what’s the effect of this event on our sexual image and performance?
- Paralysis impacts a woman’s sexuality because it changes the physical functioning, sensation and response.
- Apart from all the life changing things that happen post-paralysis, women are also left with a great emotional and sometimes, a physiological burden. They wonder if they can have sex again, and whether it’s possible to get pregnant and have babies.
- Paralysis doesn’t affect physical attraction and the desire for sex. In fact, in many cases, though not all, sexual pleasure is also possible as sexuality in women living with paralysis is less affected than in men.
- Most women with paralysis have no physiological changes that prevent them from having sex.
- But some women who are paralysed from the waist down or neck down may suffer from paralysis of the vagina.
- In this condition, the nerves that feed the vagina become completely dead, leaving a woman with no sensation in her genitals.
- These women are unable to experience the feeling of having penetrative sex or oral or manual stimulation of the genitals or very little.
- Sexual touch and pleasure can sometimes be experienced by women due to the vagus nerve which bypasses the spine.
- The woman thus, has to re-learn other ways of enjoying physical closeness with her partner. It is also often seen that loss of sensation in the genitals is offset by an abundance of sensation in other parts of the body like the neck or just above the point of paralysis.
- Women also have to be trained differently to enjoy penetrative sex by say inserting a finger into their vaginas during penetration as otherwise, they are unable to experience the feelings during penetration due to a paralysed vagina.
Other problems usually found in women with paralysis are
- Autonomic dysreflexia or sudden high blood pressure due to spinal cord paralysis at the time of sexual activity.
- Many women also experience a loss of vaginal muscle control and most are unable to produce enough vaginal lubrication during sex due to the interruption in normal nerve signals from the brain to the genital area.
- Muscle loss can’t be corrected but lubrication can be taken care of by using water-based lubricants like K-Y jelly.
- Also, low sex drive is common among women with paralysis.
- Viagra has been clinically tested on women with spinal cord injuries and it’s been reported to be effective in promoting sexual arousal and sensation during intercourse.
- A woman with paralysis can experience normal orgasm during sex if there is some pelvic denervation, but in women, with paralysed vaginas, a normal orgasm doesn’t seem very likely though researchers are trying to explore more.
- Some researchers think that paralysed women retain an ability to orgasm due to a ‘reflex’ that requires no brain input. Research also indicates that ability to achieve orgasms is independent of neurological impairment.
- What happens more often is that paralysed women quit trying to have an orgasm because they lack or have limited sensation in the genital area.
- Research also suggests that these women can achieve orgasm using an FDA approved clitoral vacuum suction device to treat female orgasmic dysfunction. The device works by increasing blood flow, and improves engorgement of the clitoris and vaginal lubrication and thus enhances orgasm response. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My wife abortion done 4 times. I want to ask she can become pregnant in future or not? Please advise.
I have pcod. My egg size is 5mm on 13 th day and 16 th day. Its not vary. So I stop the usage of dufeston tablets. Egg not growing then I get periods normally? Any lagging to come periods? In this stage any chance to I get pregnant. Pls tell me.
I am 24 year old female. I had cesarean delivery 2 months ago. And I am breastfeeding my baby. Firstly wanted to ask can I drink hot water with honey and lemon in the morning. Is it safe for the baby. I am waiting for your answer.
I had a sex with girlfriend at that time she took a pill but she miss the period and period is came after 35 days its thick blood and also white, its a sign of pregnancy or not.
Hi, I am 25 years old unmarried girl. I have a period problem. My periods have never been regular. sometimes my periods will skip 2-3 months or just be a few weeks late. What could be causing this and what is a safe way to regulate my periods?
In 1.5 months of my marriage I come to know that my wife has a long period cycle. It's almost 35 days from last period and still nothing till now. Does this cause issue in marriage life? What will be longest time which I assume it's safe?
Me and My girlfriend had protected sex last month several times. Her periods are supposed to start by 20th of this month but today is almost 10 days she had her periods. We have also checked hcg pregnancy test with early morning urine sample but shows negative. What to do in this case.
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Hi, I'm 27 year old and unmarried. Had sex with ex girlfriend and enjoyed too. Now she is not with me. For me difficult to forget the movements and manage sex life now. How should I go ahead? Please suggest.
I have white discharge and mucus. And also have very hard stool. Which is very hard to pass. What to do for this?
I have taken contraceptive pill n I am bleeding before 15days of my periods and this one is not a normal period so is it a sign of pregnancy or something else?
My wife is 7th month pregnant. Daily she is suffering from back pain. What care to be taken to recover from pain.
The woman’s reproductive system is an extremely complex one. The uterus which is the main organ with its appendages helps in conception, pregnancy, and childbirth by undergoing marvellous changes. The uterus measures just about 7.5 x 4.5 in a normal woman and expands to accommodate a full-term baby within her during gestation.
The uterus is lined with smooth muscles, and due to unknown reasons, this lining material could be found in other parts of the pelvic organs. This condition is known as endometriosis and is one of the main causes of pelvic pain. Most women suffer through it, and it mostly gets diagnosed when some other issue is being investigated.
For women with endometriosis, there are mainly two issues to deal with i.e. pain and depression.
Pain: While the pain per se is one issue, the way it affects daily normal life is another thing to be considered. For the pain to minimally affect routine life, the following are effective ways.
- Exercise: Anything that you prefer like swimming, jogging, dancing, aerobics, cycling. This will help in stress management and pain relief.
- Rest: Get adequate rest of 8 to 9 hours per night. On severely painful days, go ahead and sleep for a couple of hours extra.
- Stress management: Whether through yoga or meditation or music, learn to manage stress better. Nobody is without stress but managing it is the key.
- Eat healthy and fresh: Whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, increased fibres are definitely useful. Reduce whites including sugar, salt, and dairy products if possible.
- Social life: Stay connected with people whose company you enjoy – be it family or friends, or even counsellor if required.
- Speak up: Let your close circle of friends at work know your problem, so they can help when you need it the most.
Depression and mood swings can be managed in the following ways.
- Do what makes you happy: There are some activities which will definitely make you feel better. A quiet walk to get some fresh air. Watching a dance video. Listening to your favourite soundtrack. Changing body language to one without stopped shoulders and frowning foreheads can make a big difference.
- Focus on the good: Writing down or thinking about what went well for the day can cheer you up and overcome the blues that is so common in women with endometriosis.
- Positive thinking: Instead of saying, I can not try saying I will try. It makes a BIG difference, and you will be amazed at the results.
- Keep happy company near you: Surround yourself with happy, positive people and see your happiness quotient go up!!!
Endometriosis is definitely an enigma that is not well known, understood, or identified. However, the above are definitely useful way to cope with it.