Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Yelvantge
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi YelvantgeYour feedback matters!
Very good experience
Are you pregnant and waiting to be a mother for the first time? Pregnancy is an ideal time for you to start taking care of yourself emotionally and physically. It is not a very simple thing and is associated with several complexities. Here are nine ways, following which you can undergo a healthy pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor or midwife immediately
- After finding that you are pregnant, get in touch with your doctor or midwife for organizing antenatal care.
- You will need to get important pregnancy advice and prepare for scans and tests that are required.
- Eat properly
- Take supplements
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Work out regularly
- Regular exercise is important during pregnancy.
- Go for yoga, swimming, walking, and aquanatal classes as you need to build your endurance and strength. This prepares your body to deal with pregnancy.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises as these help in having a toned pelvic floor that ensures you of a smoother childbirth.
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol is unsafe during pregnancy, and you should totally try to avoid drinking. Heavy drinking during pregnancy is fatal for your baby in several ways.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid smoking
- Undertake pelvic floor exercises
It is also very important for you to get sufficient rest when you are pregnant. You are bound to get tired easily because of pregnancy hormones that are in high levels. Try taking naps during the day if your night sleep is disrupted. Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, stretching, massage, deep breathing, and visualization. For a healthy pregnancy, without any complication or hazards, these also play an important role.
Recurrent pregnancy loss is termed as the occurrence of three or more miscarriages. Recently, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine has altered the definition and limited the number of miscarriages to two. A pregnancy loss can only be termed so if the pregnancy is clinically recognized and is ends involuntarily before 20 weeks. The pregnancy loss must be identified by a registered doctor to term it as pregnancy loss.
What are the major causes of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss?
There could be a lot of reasons behind recurrent pregnancy loss. Most of the pregnancy failure happens from reasons such as abnormalities of the genes, chromosomes and other random events. It is estimated that close to 15 percent of the pregnancies end up in miscarriages. While 30-60 percent of the pregnancies expire within the first 12 weeks, fifty percent of the women are believed to be not aware of the pregnancy in the first place. The risk of miscarriage, however, is less than 50 percent.
An advanced maternity age is another crucial factor towards recurrent 2pregnancy loss. The risk of miscarriage dramatically increases among these women owing to their poor quality of egg, abnormalities in the chromosome etc. At a time, it has been observed that either the father or the mother might have irregularities in the gene leading to early miscarriage.
An abnormality in the uterus might also be a reason for a miscarriage. Poor blood supply and inflammation of the uterus are two of the topmost reason for miscarriages among many women. While some women born with a defective uterus, some develop uterus anomalies due to lifestyle and unhealthy life practices.
Last but not the least, a woman’s immune system might also play a pivotal role towards a miscarriage. Certain hormonal irregularities, diabetes and thyroid diseases might lead to a miscarriage. Then there are the environmental factors such as stress, occupational factors, lifestyle practices etc that contributes towards a miscarriage.
What are the tests conducted?
To evaluate the exact reason for repeated miscarriages, a doctor performs a detailed physical and surgical examination. Some other areas where a doctor sneaks into include family history, genetic history etc. A karyotype test might also be prescribed in case a doctor feels the need of doing so. The uterus cavity and the uterus are closely monitored to understand any potential lack in the anatomy. This is followed by a list of imaging tests that a doctor might prescribe. These include MRI, X-ray, hysteroscopy etc.
What are the treatment options?
The treatment options are decided based on the finding of the tests. Sometimes plain medicines along with antibiotics can cure the condition, while sometimes surgery might be required to fix any potential threat within the uterus. In any case, the probability of future pregnancy after treatment goes as high as 77 percent. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In case you are focused and happy during your pregnancy, you will, in all probability, have a sound and healthy baby. It is normal to be somewhat worried about the complications that are going on in your life and in your body.
However, in case you are not resting and are on edge without stopping for even a minute, in such a case you must approach your maternity specialist or doctor for assistance. Regardless, increased amount of tension may affect your child. That is on account of the anxiety hormone cortisol that can cross the placenta and affect the building squares of your child's growth and advancement.
Here are some tips to reduce the baby stress:
- Rest and concentrate on your child: Resting is beneficial for you and your child, so do not feel regretful about it. Invest significant energy to concentrate on your baby. Listen to your body. In case you are feeling tired, go to bed early. Your body is striving to feed your developing baby and you require all the rest you can get.
- Discuss it: In case you are stressing over your infant's growth, or an individual matter, you can simply go to your birthing specialist for discussion. Try not to be scared to express how you are genuinely feeling. If you are straightforward, you will probably get the boost you require.
- Eat well: Eating healthy is useful for your brain and your body. A sound eating diet of omega-3 unsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals can lift your energy levels. The omega-3 unsaturated fats found in slick fish and fish may decrease the stress. Try to have salmon, fish, mackerel, sardines, pilchards and trout.
- Work out: Exercise can improve your health. It is usually recommended to exercise during pregnancy. In case you did not exercise before you were pregnant, now may be a decent time to begin. Make it delicate work out, however. Swimming is perfect, as it keeps you conditioned, without being too hard on your joints.
- Plan for birth: You can likewise take free online antenatal classes. In case you are having an arranged cesarean, speak with your birthing assistant or obstetrician about what will occur on the day. Drawing up a cesarean birth plan can help you feel more sure, confident and in control.
- Adapting to driving: Driving can be a noteworthy source of stress, and it tires you all the more intensely. Inquire as to whether you can keep away from peak hours, maybe beginning and completing work sooner than .usual. This should not be too difficult since your boss and your company are mostly obligated to grant you with such demands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!