Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Meri breast pr nipple k pas ek or do sal se choti si blister Nikli thi. Jisme se kuch white color ka kuch ajib sa niklta h. Us breast me na to drd h na hi kuch but wo blister muje khtm krni h. please ye btaiye ki m kya kru uske liye Koi home remedy or ointment.
my friend have irregular periods. Her period was on 23rd dec 2014. She has high fsh-88%. Can it be in regular process or by testube. My semen report is ok.
Is it safe to have anal sex with my wife or is it harmful. What can i use so that she has least pain while having anal sex ?
I got married 1 year back. I am getting my periods so late. It is taking 40 days to come next period. This is happening from last 5 months. What would be the main problem for me?
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, I had unprotected sex before 2 days and I found large amount of wet powered discharge from private part yesterday with odor, today I found without odor milky discharge, I trying for conceive please advice. Please advice me with ovulation days, when I can have sex to get conceive. LMP is 27th April, 2016 and this ime I got my periods in 35 days, before months and all I got within 32 days, is this normal?
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Namaste, Yesterday we had unsecured sex (4th day of my wife's periods) :(Is it safe to use contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy? Please suggest.
Hey doctor my name is nina im 20 years only I got pregnant last month and took abortion pill I was bleeding for 30 days and then it stooped for 10 days but after 10 days it started again I want to ask are the my normal periods or there is some complication occurred in my abortion?
Hi, I had my last period on 6th may. Had unprotected sex on 12th may. Took ipill same day within 3 hours of sex. Got next period on 18th may till 21st. Again I had sex in 22nd (not sure protected/ unprotected). My next period is due on 6th june. Currently having light abdominal discomfort and leg pain. When will I get my period? Is it any chances of getting pregnant? Please help!
Tips about Menstrual cycle, Safe periods and various methods of contraception.
I am Dr. Indu Taneja working as a senior consultant in Fortis Escort Hospital Faridabad. My special interests are high risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will talk about contraception little about the normal menstrual cycle.
A normal cycle is of approximately 28 days so the ovulation means the egg formation occurs in the middle of the cycle that is approximately 14 days but this day is not fixed it can be one or two days prior or one or two days later. So let’s say if it happens on 14th day four or five days before the egg formation and four or five days after the egg formation is the period which is the danger zone that means the pregnancy can happen in this period if you have intercourse during this period so this is the danger zone. So if one happens to have the relation in this period one can use emergency contraception which is you must be all aware of pill 72 or unwanted pill which is to be taken 72 hours within this period the pregnancy is to be avoided.
Next will be other contraception like the barrier method which is normally condom. This is not the foolproof method. This has the maximum failure rate approximately 35 percent. This is mainly effective in the period when the patient is breastfeeding. At this period this is the common effective method. Then there are the other methods you have heard about the pills and the Copper T. The pills are the second commonest method in which every day one has to take the pill for 21 days. The main drawback of the pill is you have to remember you have to take it on a fixed time and fixed day. You should not miss even a single dose. If one misses a dose you can have breakthrough bleeding and the failure also happens. So this is the main drawback of the pills but otherwise the safety profile is very good.
Other method is the IUCD that is the Copper T which is inserted inside the uterus. This has again the same efficacy as the pills but the advantage over the pills is you are not supposed to remember this. This once inserted can be kept and can be used for three years to five years. Government has also provided the intra uterine device which is effective for five years it is as effective as the contraceptive pills but little drawback of this is sometime this can cause irregular bleeding or the heavy bleeding during the periods which can be taken care of giving some kind of medications.
If you need any further clarification or any kind of clarification or consultation you can consult me on lybrate.