Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Flatulence is the condition of having excessive gas in stomach or intestine. This can result in uncomfortable feelings of bloating, as well as increased belching (burping) or passing of gas from the rectum.
Home remedies for flatulence
1. Take 2-3 gm of black pepper (kali mirch) and long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder with honey (shahad) twice daily.
2. Slowly chew a small amount of fennel (souf) seeds or put them in a cup of boiled, hot water for 3-5 minutes and then slowly drink.
3. Eat a fresh piece of ginger (adrak) or added some fresh ginger to your food.
4. Mix two drops of peppermint oil in half a cup of cold water and drink twice daily.
5. Take 4-5 gm of ajowan (ajwain) with rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) twice or thrice a day.
My monthly cycle is irregular, I was suffered from plural effusion and I got this problem and also ma Dr. was suggested me to have folic acids tablets But I missed that tablets And m suffering from Thyroid from last 5 year's Please suggest me to resolve this problem.
I am a 19 year old female. Unmarried. I have irregular periods for past few months. There is no proper bleeding. There is just reddish black discharge coming out instead of periods. I have severe lower abdominal pain regularly and I'm putting on weight. I have a history of pcod which was healed.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about this ailment.
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases. A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.