Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
I have Yellow teeth from my chid hood onwards though im brushing twice a day im not getting rid of it can anyone help me please help.
My tongue turns black some times and is whitish most of the times? I clean it regularly with tongue cleaner. Why do I some times have black tongue? My tongue is not smooth surface all over, it has kind of small not considerable grooves, and turns whitish most of the times.
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female I'm having left side molar with tooth caries and right side teethcracked. My dentist told have to remove the left side molar and then have to put cap on right side. How much cost have to spend for both? Pls reply me.
My mouth smells very dirty all the time. My teeth are yellow always. What should I do to overcome this?
My sister is having gum problem, due to that at the age of 27, her front teeth started shaking and she had to take out four teeth and now also she is having pain in inside teeth, what to do pls advice.
Hi my moms age is 58 years recently she is suffering from gum pain problem when ever she is trying to sleep at night. Both upper and lower gums sever pain whn she is trying to sleep.
Hi doctors, my dad was a smoker, so that his teeth is not in good color, is there any way to make my dads teeth whiten, now he quits smoking. Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I am 25 years old. Actually I sm depressed in thinking about bad breath. A bad smell is spreading out from my mouth cavity. I will not be able to interact with people closely. Suggest me proper medications. I have no medical issues with GI system. I make sure to drink 3 lit. Of water every day.
I am 27 years old male. I left smoking 2.5 years back from now after consultation with doctor (suggested as it is leukoplakia). I had a single white patch in my mouth near the lips at left side, that white patch gone but on other side other patch came and turned into light black (over all duration 2.5 years). I left spices and every tobacco habits and added healthy food and better routine. I want to know how much time will it take to become everything normal.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.