Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Medha PanseYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. my period start 5 th of may den it stop on 4 th day. I have sex 9n 5 th day but inmorningsix th day I bleeding again. Nw I feel feet burn. Cramps back of thies. Motion again n again all dis happen before I start my period 5 th may. I plan fr baby. Last month I stop novelon tablet I take it 21 days help.
My girlfriend is virgin when I was doing oral sex with her and fingering her vagina mainly fingering around her clit little rough after its over I observed a sticky mucus like blood in my finger What does it mean? Did I break her seal or virginity?
What do I do if I am sexually active and have missed my periods?
When you miss your periods and are sexually active, the first thought that comes to mind is that of a pregnancy. A simple pregnancy test should be done with the help of commercially available test strips. One simply needs to add three drops of urine in the well provided on the kit. A single line means there is no detectable pregnancy as yet and two lines means that you are pregnant. At times one line is faint and the other dark. In such a situation, it is best to get in touch with your doctor to decide the best option available to you.
It is advisable to check the expiry date of the strip before use and to preferably use the first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated urine sample of the day. If you are unable to do the test early morning then any urine sample would do but if the test is negative, please make sure that you repeat the test after 24-28 hours.
If you are very stressed about the reliability of the pregnancy kit, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy which is 100 percent accurate and also tells us about the approximate time ultrasound scan should be performed to check the baby's position in the uterus.
There could be many other reasons for missing the periods besides pregnancy and these are PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), use of an emergency contraceptive pill (like I-pill), ovarian cyst, stress, extensive travelling, medical diseases like tuberculosis and hormonal imbalances specially of thyroid to name a few.
Whatever be the reason for missed and overdue periods, one should still rule out pregnancy as you could still be pregnant even with all the above mentioned conditions.
Every woman should know how to keep a period calendar so that she knows when her cycle has gone overdue. Many a times it is a false alarm and the periods are actually on time.
I have suffering from persistent vaginal burning during intercourse, is there chances of STD disease.
Hello sir, Me and my gf had unprotected sex on 5 sep 2015. After 12 hours she had unwanted-72 pill. She got last periods on 14 august 2015. Now she is missing periods. And today she had done pregnancy test. And the result is positive? what should we do now please help. We dont need baby. Our age is just 23 please help.
Hi doctor,29 years old with two kids, I have a doubt please help me by answering, during the period time is there possibility to get pregnant? If we get into un secrue intercourse?
Water is the most valuable resource in the world. After all this years we begin to understand that. About 70 percent of the human body and brain are made up from water.
Water is so vital to our survival in every sense of the word.
Alkaline water has the biggest level of hydration and is a excellent source of minerals vital to our body.
Because of our today’s ways of nutrition which is mainly consisted of processed food that includes salt, sugar, caffeine and alcohol – the most common form of pH imbalance is excess acidity.
Symptoms that point to the fact that your body is too acidic are tiredness, headache, stomach ache and a weakened immune system.
If the environment in our bodies is too acid or alkaline, our otherwise healthy cells can become toxic, collapse and die. An unbalanced pH damages the tissues.
If the body experiences an acidic environment for a longer period, it will ultimately deposit excess acidic substances into some area of the body in efforts to alkalize itself.
In that way, acidity increases in some areas and some cells die, but others may still live and/or adapt or turn into malignant.
Cancer cells can’t live in alkaline water.
That’s why drinking alkaline water is very, very useful.
Our body surveillance systems are responsible for our pH balance values, so they remove acid residue without damaging living cells.
However, if the load becomes too big, the result can be fatal to your body.
One more reason why you should drink alkaline water is the hydration of our body.
So protect and regenerate your body by making this water and drinking it on a daily basis.
Making it is simple and easy.
This is what you need:
2 Ltr water, clean filtered water (if only tap water is available, than use that one)
1 organic lemon, washed, cut into eights
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
Fill the jug, than add the lemon slices (do not squeeze them!) and then add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt in it and cover it. Let it stay overnight (8 to 12 hours) at room temperature.
Drink 3 glasses of water every morning when you wake up before you eat or drink anything else to achieve the best pH balance in your body.
Start trying it tomorrow and your body will thank you!
4 Exercises that’ll help you during labour
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times.