Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mathananda Nimal Ravindra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mathananda Nimal RavindraYour feedback matters!
About 70% of your health is what you eat. A few commonly used herbs and spices present in the kitchen have surprising but impressive health benefits.
Mint - with the highest amount of antioxidant amongst foods, mint is used to get rid of common cold, allergies, indigestion, and irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps cool and heal the skin when added to oil, lotion or ointment.
Turmeric - apart from adding colour and flavor to our foods, turmeric is used to cure gallbladder disorders, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, arthritis, skin inflammation, wounds and even a sore throat.
Ginger - ginger is commonly used to treat all sorts of stomach problems like post surgery nausea & vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, colic, motion sickness, etc. Ginger oil is said to relieve pain and when added to hot beverages esp. Tea, it also soothes a sore throat.
Basil - basil has anti-aging properties and is rich in antioxidants. It reduces inflammation & swelling and can relieve gas & soothe upset stomach.
Garlic - not many might know that garlic is a herb and very good for health. It is used to treat conditions like high cholesterol, heart diseases, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, diabetes, and, cold & flu amongst many others.
Oregano - apart from adding amazing flavour to food, oregano helps in treating respiratory tract disorders, menstrual cramps and urinary tract disorders. Rich in vitamin e, iron, omega fatty acids manganese, iron and fiber, it is also applied topically to treat skin conditions, mainly dandruff and acne.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Losing weight is not just about knocking off a few pounds, it is about living healthy. If you are overweight then your chances of being affected by heart diseases increase. On an overall basis, apart from negatively impacting your self-esteem, it can make you prone to a host of life-threatening disorders. For weight loss, it is important to understand the causes of weight gain, some of which are:
- Consuming fatty foods: If you are consuming more food than the required amount, it is likely that you will put on weight. Consuming foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates and starch can lead to excess calories in the body.
- Disorders: Various metabolic disorders like problems of the thyroid gland or being diabetic can cause you to put on weight.
- Being physically inactive: If you follow a sedentary lifestyle then it is more likely that you will put on weight. Usually jobs that involve sitting behind a desk for long periods of time make people prone to obesity.
These are some reasons that can cause weight gain. If you are overweight then the initial resort is to undertake lifestyle changes. From eating a well-balanced diet to being more physically active are the primary changes that you may commit to. In case you are not seeing visible changes then you may opt for non surgical treatment for weight loss.
The cosmetic techniques by which you can lose fat are:
- Ultrasonic Lipolysis: Ultrasonic lipolysis is a non-surgical technique to get rid of fat. In this technique, ultrasound waves are used to target fat tissues and get rid of it. A transducer (device used to convert energy from one form to another) is kept on the affected area where it emits energy. The fat cells are metabolized by the body and drained from the body further helping in weight loss.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a technique that focuses on getting rid of fat from the body by injecting medications in the affected area. It uses a combination of herbs and minerals to destroy the fat cells in your body.
- Endermology: It is a process that involves using rollers to roll over the top portion of the skin which leads to fat loss from the body. It also helps in revitalizing and reshaping the skin, further enhancing weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I am a 28 year old unmarried girl. My periods are regular since the beginning. Last one was 21aug-24aug, 2016. I have no gynaeco-problem as well. But, Since a week only my left nipple is paining. There is no swelling, no lumps are felt, no discoloration of nipple area, nothing is abnormal in looks. Only a mild pain is there 24x7. I feel discomfort and much worried. Kindly help me. What can be the problem? What should I do? Please reply.
I want to know if there any other way to get tight vagina without hymenoplasty if it is. Then what's the cost of treatment and How much it will take time please let me know it's urgent.
I have problem when there is time of period (monthly date), at that time I have so much irritation at that part, I continuous irritate from that, so please help me on that. Nd which medicine or tube or powder is used?
Hi doc, now a days I am too much worried about smthng very personal issue of mine. Actually my vaginal canal space is so small that there is only minute space for entering one finger only .i feel deep pain when I myself try to penetrate with two finger. My partner can not be able to penetrate in me. Is it normal in the females of my age group? Plzz suggest me what shud I do? My mens flow is regular n yes I feel lil bit intense pain for 1 to 2 days during flow.
I am female 19 I had done sex with my bf After sex 3 4 drop blood come out. I took unwanted 72 tab on same day Nd on same day bleeding started like period nd now its become 6 days my periods blood flow is just like first or second day periods blood flows nd my periods is not stopping even after 6 days Is it serious please advice me some medicine to stop my periods nd to avoid unwanted pregnancy Thank please Plz suggest me medicine.
Bleeding in early pregnancy or during the first trimester may or may not be a serious reason for concern, depending on the cause. But because bleeding can sometimes be a sign of something serious, it's important to know the possible causes, and get checked out by your doctor to make sure you and your baby are healthy. About 20% women have some bleeding during first 12 weeks. The possible reasons are implantation bleeding, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, cervical changes and infection. So how do you deal with it? Here's a quick list.
- Hygiene: Ensure that hygiene is your first priority, especially during pregnancy.
- Light Bleeding: Light bleeding or spotting that is dull red or brown in colour is a normal occurrence for many pregnant women. This can point to the foetus getting lodged and pressing against your womb's lining, or even the cervical changes that you may be going through due to the implantation and impending trimesters and eventual delivery. The best thing to do in such cases is to not panic.
- Sex: Having sex or intercourse can also sometimes lead to mild spotting. Also, you should avoid using abrasive material and clothing during this time.
- Ultrasound: Go for an ultrasound and ensure that your pregnancy is normally placed and not ectopic. An ectopic pregnancy can lead to bleeding which can later become fatal. It may cause cramps in the lower abdomen region as well.
- Infection: Speak with your gynecologist and ensure that there is no risk of infection. Usually, many women suffer from infection (can be on cervix or vagina) during the early stages of pregnancy. This may give rise to spotting and mild bleeding. Take necessary actions and precautions to ensure that the infection does not get out of hand and is treated right away.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!