Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mate Madhavi SuhasYour feedback matters!
I am 3 months pregnant and I have lot of pain in my lower back. What should I do? And please suggest a diet plan.
A problem in any one of a number of key processes can result in infertility. Male and female factors can exist in isolation or combination and fertility investigations, diagnoses and treatment should always be considered in the context of the couple.
Sperm problems will contribute to about 40% of infertility cases. The normal working of the male reproductive system involves first the production of sufficient numbers of functional sperm cells and then the delivery of these sperm to the ejaculate. Key to the diagnosis of male infertility is a semen analysis, which assesses primarily sperm numbers, sperm movement and sperm form.
Dysfunction of the female reproductive organs is also apparent in around 40% of infertile couples. The most common identifiable causes of female fertility problems are outlined below:
1. Ovulatory dysfunction, (or anovulation) where an egg is not released from the ovary every month, is the single most common cause of female infertility. Predominantly anovulation is caused by hormonal imbalances such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) but ovarian scarring and premature menopause can also result in failure to ovulate.
2. Tubal disease, comprising anything from mild adhesions to complete blockage of the fallopian tubes, prevents fertilised eggs from travelling from the site of fertilisation to the uterus. It may also prevent the sperm from reaching the egg. Normal uterine implantation can therefore not occur. The main causes of tubal infertility are pelvic infections caused by bacteria such as chlamydia, previous abdominal disease or surgery and ectopic pregnancy.
3. Endometriosis is characterised by excessive growth of the lining of the uterus. These endometrial cells can extend as far as the outside of the fallopian tubes, the ovaries and the bladder. As they respond to hormones the same way as they would do in the uterus, that is by growing and shedding cyclically, endometriosis can cause both fallopian tube and ovarian scarring.
4. Repeated pregnancy loss - Some people may not have difficulty conceiving, but have suffered from miscarriages. This is obviously extremely distressing for the couples involved. Our miscarriage clinic can help investigate these issues and attempt to help couples with any future pregnancy.
Less common factors
The following other factors may also be responsible for infertility in a smaller proportion of cases:
1. Genetic abnormalities within eggs, sperm or both
2. An abnormal uterine cavity, including the presence of fibroids or polyps
3. Immunological infertility, whereby either the male or female partner produces anti-bodies against sperm cells or implantation of an embryo
4. Abnormal cervical mucus which hinders the passage of sperm to the uterus and fallopian tubes
5. Unexplained infertility - Even when investigations have been extensive, some couples will have no reason with which to explain their infertility. This can often be a frustrating diagnosis. In these cases the duration of the infertility is the best parameter by which to judge the chances of future natural conception; the longer the time of infertility then the sooner intervention should be considered.
Please do consult a competent sexologist for unexplained infertility problems.
Hello Mam, I want to ask some personal question. My period date is always extant. Now its going to complete 3 months. I am unmarried now. So what's the solution of this thing.
I am 35 week pregnant and usg shows that placenta maturity is grade 3 and calcification is noted is it danger for my unborn baby? Please guide me.
I have a irregular periods problem. I went to many doctors they told to do sonography but everything is normal and they suggested to take 21 days peals. But after taking medicine sometime periods come regular and sometime irregular suggest me about my.
Hi what Precautions and dietary during pregnancy of 3 week after a miscarriage. Pls tell all the precautions related to pregnancy. Am I do bed rest for 3 months.
Hi I am having some white patches near vagina and anus area. It was at first only kne but mow two large. Lot of itching does not let me sit or sleep properly. I am not sexually active. I am worried what ut could be? Please help me.
Treatment for Repeated Miscarriages and IVF Failure
Hello, I am Dr. Mohan Raut, practicing Gynecologist for last 20 years and partner of CPRM, India's first Immuno therapy center for treatment of patients with repeated miscarriages and IVF failure or implantation failure. Today I'm gonna discuss a unique treatment called Immuno therapy, that is, Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy which is a form of active immune therapy for patients who have repeated miscarriages or repeated IVF failure.
LIT or Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy uses the patient's husband's white cells called lymphocytes for the treatment. In this, once the LI immune factor is confirmed, we separate certain type of white blood cells called lymphocytes from husband's blood and they are injected into the wife by sub-cutaneous intravenous route. Once this injection is given then the couple is asked to wait for a period of four weeks and after that, they should make active attempts at pregnancy and over the next one year, she should conceive. This is a very safe procedure as it has no long term side effects and it is quite effective.
We have been doing this treatment for more than 20 years and it has helped more than 500 couples whom we have given this treatment. Apart from LIT, there are other forms of therapy which can be given and these are the use of intravenous immunoglobulins, use of Intra liquids, use of medicines like steroids and certain injections like low molecular weight restaurant. So, with this therapy, it has been possible to overcome the problem of repeated miscarriages especially when all other factors are normal because the reason is LI immune problem.
For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com. Thank you.