Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj TodkarYour feedback matters!
Suffering from back pain which coming downwards to the leg for last 10 years. Recently taken neurobion forte and acemiz 100 under advice of doctor. got temporarary relief. Want Remedy Permanently.
Sir My father suffering from high BP last one year his legs and hand getting pains feel like JUM JUM knee pains also now he is taking tablets of preva-75 and amlokind AT every one hour or 1/2 hour between he going for urine so please suggest.
Sir since from one year I am struggling from shoulder blade problem, how to get cure say some tips..
I am an aged person. I met with an accident and my left side ankle is injured and swollen. I have taken medicines. The X-Ray shows Hairline fracture at the swelling. I am wearing Bandage and taking certain tablets. Is it enough to get cured or should I get the portion to get plastered and take rest for 15 days? Thank you,
I have internal pain in my hip. From the last 2 days. Dere is no external pain. Bt it is very much difficult 4 me 2 walk. It pains wen I walk. It is less in morning. Nd at night I feel very much pain. I cnt evn walk at night.
Hi I am 31 years, I have pain in my left foot it happens once or twice in a year but when it happens I am unable to stand and feel huge pain & swelling. Please advise what need to do in this problem. Xray has performed but nothing is there.
Hi my age is 24 I used to masturbate 4 times weekly now I stopped it. After stopping there is semen leakage in urine which is causing back pain, knee pain, feeling sleepy, getting tired. Reply me as soon as possible.
I am male 57 years occupation - Service suffering from left frozen shoulder from last 3 months taking pain relief ointment, exercise but tearing pain is all over the left hand & shoulder with left back side. Restricted movement of left hand. Pain worse in sleeping, taking Thyrox 75 mg Others are normal. How to get relief.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.