Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj PatilYour feedback matters!
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Often children are born with bowing of legs, due to folded leg position in utero.
Once they start putting pressure on them while walking, they may straighten out. This happens generally by 2 to 3 years of age.
If not corrected then they may cause some serious problems:
*shortening of 1 leg
*difficulty walking running
*higher risk of arthritis.
Persistent bowing may be due some deficiency:
*lead or fluoride poisoning
First few tests:
25 (oh) vitamin d3 level in serum
Serum free calcium level
X-ray of legs.
How will your pediatrician monitor for a change?
Measurements of distance between knees while a child is lying on the back.
This is monitored to see for any worsening
What can be done?
*any other underlying problem to be ruled out.
*braces orthopedic devices to keep the leg in straightened position (serious cases)
**surgery after 3 years (determined according to individual case basis)
All problems may not be solved but timely intervention can change the life of a child forever.
Share this on social media if you found it helpful.
My infant is of 4 months and I feel that he feel's pain while peeing. Sometimes in sleep he shivers and stop peeing or he cries alot before and while peeing. Please prescribed me beast for my infant .
Hello, my daughter is 13 months old and her weight is 11.3 kg. Is her weight ok according to her age? And also I wanted to know if I can feed her cow milk now. Thanks.
My baby drank toilet cleaner acid and immediately womate and we admitted her to hospital take 3-4 days care and placed home but she couldn't be eating anything and only in fruit juice by pipe and doctor told us after 12 days she will be fine and eating. What should we have to take care and should any future problem any child problem in future she does have one daughter which is 5 months only I'm depress What should have to do please suggest she is fine now.
I delivered my baby on Thursday 7th April, my nipples got sore feeding the baby. Can you please suggest any remedy.
Hello doctor, my 2.6 years son is facing constipation issue. Have increased the water intake but could not find a solution to it hence going for medicine. Have bought Lactulose solution (Lactulac), kindly suggest the dosage for his age.
My baby is still suffering from fever due to urinary track infection. He is having antibiotic (moxclav 228. 5 mg)and paracetamol (fepanil 125). I'm giving those medicines as per the doctor said. But fever is still coming frequently .plz help me.
Respected doctors Can cerelac be given to 8month old baby? And what are the other diet that can be given? Please help:)
Nw my baby 8th month old. Male baby. .now I have cold. What medicine I vl take cn you tel me. Y I am asking na breastfeed.
My daughter 11 yrs old has a disorientation of teeth/ jaw wereby she is not able to close her mouth properly. She often sleeps with mouth open. Her new teeth are big compared to the milk teeth 2-4 left to fall. Showed a dentist. He suggested to wait till all milk teeth fall. Any remedy available now as she finds it difficult.
I would be very thankful if you could help me with diet planing for expecting mother and lactating mother. Thank you.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.