Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj M Deshpande
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj M DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
The kidneys make urine, which is a fluid through which wastes from the body including urea are eliminated from the body. There are two kidneys on the right and left side, which make urine, and pass it down to the bladder through tubes known as ureter. The bladder acts as a reservoir of the urine that is formed in the kidneys. It is stored temporarily there before being excreted out of the body through the urethra. The urinary bladder is a highly muscular organ and has a rich connective tissue.
Interstitial cystitis (IC) or painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a very common condition, which affects females more than males. While the exact etiology is not known, it could be age-related and also lifestyle related. People who are used to controlling the urge to pass urine are highly likely to develop this condition. The simple logic is that there is additional pressure on the bladder from the urine that is contained for longer period of time. As such, the muscular wall stretches and begins to feel stressed.
When this habit continues over a period of time, the bladder wall may become irritated or inflamed or even scarred in severe cases. There is no role of bacteria in this condition, and antibiotics are of no help in managing this condition (though the name cystitis usually indicates infection).
The following symptoms are seen as a result of this constant irritation and inflammation.
- One may suffer from pain and pressure in the bladder as it continues to collect more and more urine.
- This pressure in the bladder also puts pressure on the surrounding tissues in the abdomen including the pelvis, urethra, abdominal organs, uterus, etc.
- Women may experience pain in the vaginal tract including vulva and behind the vagina.
- Men may experience pain in the area of the scrotum, testicles, prostate, and penis.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, which may be as much as 9 to 10 times a day. As the condition progresses, there could be more visits, as many as 40 to 50 visits a day.
- This tendency and urge to urinate increases during nighttime.
- For women, this urge to urinate and other symptoms including pain are worse during menstruation.
- There could be pain during intercourse for both men and women.
- There could be pain even otherwise, which can range from a mild dull ache to a piercing pain.
- At a structural level, this constant pressure leads to pinpoint bleeding (glomerulations) and sometimes even ulcers in the bladder wall.
There is no definitive treatment for IC or PBS. However, bladder distention and instillation are proven methods of increasing bladder capacity, which therefore helps in relieving symptoms.
My son is having hair fall from the two sides of his head and also from total head. He is 19 years old.
Hi I am 36 years old healthy male with no or zero health problems. I eat in moderation and hit gym 5 days a week. Yes job related stress a there in life which I think is a normal thing. My wife often complains/points out that There a lack of natural glow on my face. Please suggest how can I have the same?
I am 27 years age and in my lower last teeth has infected and after that half of the part tilted and take triangular shape. Doctor told me need to remove akal jaad and do RCT. Is it fine or how much max amount charged for this treatment.
Hi, I am 32 male and I want to ask How to Get Rid of Dry Flaky Skin on the Face, actually dry skin coming out from face eyebrows, hairs everywhere on face.
On successful completion of 4 successful years of specialized dental practice @ dera bassi, abc dentistry offers discount upto 25% on all dental treatment in november, for you just to say thankyou. All you need to do is come for free dental checkup and show this sms to avail the offer. Keep smiling. Contact 9815901670 for appointment
Psoriasis is a durable autoimmune disease defined by patches of irregular skin. These patches of skin are usually scaly, red and itchy. Its symptoms vary greatly in severity, the coverage might be small and focused or it could spread all over the body.
Anything from emotional trauma and stress to streptococcal infection can cause psoriasis. Sometimes you might carry predisposition for psoriasis in your genes and stress may aggravate it. Environmental factors may also lead to psoriasis. And then again defects in the immune system may also be the underlying cause. Even after thirty years of research, the exact cause for psoriasis remains a mystery. There is no age limit to psoriasis. It can show up from anywhere between infancy to old age.
Common symptoms include
- Pink or red scaly bumps that are smaller in size, but become plaques later, show up on the skin. Although these scales can show up anywhere, they are mostly common on sites where there is much friction, abrasion or scratching.
- Small pinpoint depressions or pits might show up on toenails and fingernails. Distal onycholysis, which refers to large brown/yellow divisions on the nails, shows up as well.
- Sore throat may follow if it is guttate psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis-
Ayurveda states that untimely and improper eating habits along with other unhealthy aspects of one’s lifestyle have adverse effects on the blood and in turn, all other tissues. Therefore, these signs of impure blood manifest in the form of diseases such as Psoriasis. Traditional Ayurveda states that imbalances in ‘Vata’ and ‘Kapha’ lead to psoriasis. ‘Vata’ and ‘Kapha’ are two basic energies that play a major role in maintaining full body equilibrium.
Effective treatment of psoriasis is possible using ‘panchakarma’ therapies. This includes Ayurvedic methods of treatment that completely detoxify the body as well as successfully eliminate harmful poisons and other toxins from the body.
Other forms of Ayurvedic treatment include:
- Consumption of medicated ghee.
- Intake of herbal medicines or applying concoctions and other topical creams recommended by the books of Ayurveda.
- Meat should be avoided and emphasis should be on vegetarian dishes, so that the three ‘doshas’ are balanced out, thus reducing the chances of developing such conditions. Yogurt, chillies, food products that contain excess sugar or salt and black gram should be avoided.
- Covering your entire body using a paste of mud can help in curing psoriasis.
- Turmeric and Neem should be consumed daily to address psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most