Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj H Bhurat
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj H BhuratYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old having a latest report having creatinine 0.7 and cholesterol HDL 75 please suggest cause and treatment.
I am 68 years old. I have bp and sugar problems. I take following medicines dimicron xr 500 meg 1-0-1 concor 5 mg 1-0-0 ecospirin 150 mg 1-0-0 tazloc h 40 1-0-0 cardium 1-0-0 moxovus 0.3 mg 0-1-0 atorva 40mg 0-0-1 mini press xl 5 mg 0-0-1 prax 10 mg 0-0-1 (i had a staint installed 2 years back) coversyl plus 0-0-1 my bp is 145/60 at the fasting, sugar 115 at the fast, chlestrol 115 and all other parameters are normal. I take insulins lantus 14 units at bed time mixtard 26-0-14 units I take isabgol before bedtime. Please comment. Can I reduce medicines?
Good morning sir I am 21 years I am suffering from costochondritis from last 2 years. I have gone many hospital and also gone to one homeopathy doctor but nothing happens to me. Feel pain while bending, coughing and sitting. All my x-ray, ECG, MRI and blood sample all are normal I have taken large amount of medicine NSAID but nothing happens and pain is still their in chest. And many homeopathy medicine like Kalmia l, KBI, Rhusta, ranunculus sceleratus, ranunculus sceleratus, SBL Rhododendron Chrysanthum Dilution 30 CH. And Bryonia Alba suggest by a homeopathy doctor but nothing happen and other medicines also. I am in depression from last 2 months help me sir. Please suggest me something.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.