Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManojYour feedback matters!
I am suferring from ver seviour headache, I am a software engineer daily in the evingin geting very seviour headache. Please suggested what to do ?
What is the symptoms of hair falling & greying. I used homeopathic medicine last 7 month Montana hair oil shampoo and high quality diet but don't solve my problem Is it ok to masturbate or sex in weekly one or two times. Is it harmful for hair falling greying or any other body decease. Please suggest me and best natural treatment for my problem and also motivated me for future.
Hi doctor my friend advice me to take fenugreek powder every morning before breakfast in luke warm water to lower down cholesterol so is it realy true but is der vil b any side effect on sexual heath if I drink fenugreek powder water in early morning everyday bcoz of cholesterol.
I have a very specific query. Do all the fruits contain sugar (s) as Fructose & not glucose? Eating any fruit [whole & not juice] does not increase Blood Glucose levels. If yes, then can a diabetic person eat all the fruits in whole form in any quantity? Thanks.
Hello please doctor help me thanks for help I have high fever its hello hi doctor almost kill me, hello sir please help me if you not getting medicine I am gonna die please doctor help me and what should I do?
I am 15 year old and I do hand practice. And my sperm come out very quickly. When I having sex it time is also less. I don't eat addiction thing. What I should I do.
During night when I sleep I snore a lot what could be the reason and how to resolve snoring problems?
I am suffering from fever and coldness and can't sleep at nightbcan you tell me the reason for this.
Hello, I have low hemoglobin and rbc cell is also low, I am worried that I am getting weak day by day. Even I don't have my periods last month. Is there any natural way to get rid of it. Although I am taking levipil 500 mg twice a day and venlite OD 100 mg once at dinner. How long I have to take this medicine? please help.
Why FFA test is done for eyes. She is a diabetes mellitus person? Is it safe for high diabetes pers.
What are the symptoms of flu. How we know if flu is infected me and what are the solution of its please inform me.
Please suggest me some easily digestive food and Do's/ Dont's. My father is affected by severe ulcer problem. He is 55 year old man.
Few days onwards I am suffering with throat pain It is paining when I am drink anything and eating something can you please give me precaution.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.