Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manohar Sakhare
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar SakhareYour feedback matters!
My BP 120 /170 Test results CARDIAC RISK MARKERS Homocysteine _32. 6; 25-oh vitamin d (total) _11.51 LIVER Gamma glutamyl transferase (ggt)-55.7 Aspartate amino transferase (sgot) __44. 8 Alanine transaminase (sgpt) _71 Protein total__8. 6 Serum_3. 8 LIPID Total cholesterol _234 Ldl cholesterol direct__163 Tc/hdl cholesterol ratio_5. 5 Ldl/hdl ratio__3. 8 Non _hdl cholesterol _191. 5 ABSOLUTE COUNTS monocyte _0. 12 TOTAL COUNTS Total rbc__5. 74 Mean corpuscular volume (mcv) __100. 7 OTHER Mean corp hemorrhoids cone (mchc) Red cell distribution width_sd (rdw_s) __63. 3 Red cell distribution width (rdw_cv) _ 17.6 Theses are abnormal test Test by thyrocare Please suggest.
I am 52 years old man and have under gone angioplasty last year. I have pain in the hips and squeeze in the chest. Is it any related to my cardiac problem?
I have high BP during waking hours (basal BP). Though it stabilizes during the day somewhat, it is the same story the next morning/day. I had CAD in 2008 and have DM-II and BP for the last 13 years and under medication. I snore and in the morning have blocked noses (thereby inhibiting breathing process ?) which eases as the day pass by. What are the contributory factors for this high BP? What parameters have to be checked in order to find the right reasons behind this anomaly.
Hello doctor I am 20 years old and my concern is that I have a pain in right chest and its being 2 to 3 years its not getting down so what should I do and whenever I touched it. Its paining at that so could you please help me with that.
Hello doctor I am 23 years old. My, weight 64, height 5.3 feet, my HLD 61.3 mg/dl (moderate risk) and LLD 149 mg/dl (borderline high. How much calories should I burn doily to reduce my cholesterol level. Suggest me some treatment. Thanks.
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have little high ldl cholesterol upto 164 way r the steps to reduce it due to this I have little bit chest pain sir give me suggestions sir.
I am 45 year old lady. Recently I have chest pain and Dr. Required 2D Echo Report. Report Impression: (1) Normal Study (2) No RWMA (3) No pul Hypertension (4) Advised Clinical correlation to arrive at a diagnosis. Please advise what does it means and what to do?
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent replacement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!