Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manohar Naukudkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar NaukudkarYour feedback matters!
My wife is 29 weeks pregnant. Her present weight is 85 kg. What should be maximum weight for till 37 weeks and what should be diet chart for this coming weeks.
Hello team, I am planning to go for IVF, I had FSH, LH and E2 done on day 2 of my period, results are FSH - 10.92, LH - 12.63 and E2 - 52, I had 75 IU injections for 7 days and left had one follicle which was around 13 mm and right had 10 mm (2 follicles) on 7th day of my ultrasound, so doctor suggested not to go for IVF this month as latest scan showed my left follicle was 18 mm and right were 13 mm on day 9. Also could you explain if one follicle is ready for rupture, what about the other follicles, are they going to rupture or only one time it will happen. Please suggest if we proceed to go for IVF next month with the 75 IU injections are do we need to have more medications and tests for IVF life how much IU injections required. Currently I am using M torr 800 MG and bifolate for quality of my eggs. As my left tube was disturbed due to ectopic pregnancy and lap done, also due to both tubes blocked, again hysterolap has been done and now right tube was patent. I am currently 32 years and Marriage life is 6 years. Please suggest a best option to have a child in our lives also what would be the success rate for my case if we opt for IVF. Male part is fine and no issues with motility and morphology. We are currently residing in Hyderabad and not sure whom to consult for the better results/success. Thanks,
Insulin is critical for the overall functioning of the body, specifically when you are insulin resistant, and the body is compelled to store the food consumed as fat. Insulin resistance also leads to inflammation in the body leading to a host of health issues that anyone would not be prepared to deal with. Therefore, always look for means to improve insulin.
Here are some of these practical ways to accomplish it.
- Strength training and other non-aerobic activities: Exercise is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity since your cells and muscles are desperate for fuels during as well as after completion of the workout. Researchers are of the opinion that all sorts of physical activity are helpful but non-aerobic exercises can have the best impact on insulin health.
- Cook to increase resistant starch: Whenever you eat anything with high carbohydrate, it will readily increase your blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates rich in resistant starch fail to respond to the normal enzymes in the stomach which can help with improving insulin sensitivity.
- Avoid liquid fructose: Liquid fructose leads to fat gain around the abdomen and is connected to belly fat gain when taken in large quantities. Along with eradicating all the fructose containing beverages, you should also eliminate highly processed foods.
- Make sure you get enough magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral required for improving insulin sensitivity since it functions as natural insulin sensitizer which can exert positive effects on the insulin receptors in every cell of the body.
- Balance the healthy fatty acids: You should avoid trans-fatty acids since they can lead to plaque formation. Moreover, you must reduce the intake of processed oils and get more Omega fatty acids.
- Make healthy choices: Foods which can help in improving the body’s ability to store the carbs as muscle glycogen should be taken more often. These include green tea, vinegar, nuts and all sorts of herbs and spices.
- Include foods that can reduce the glycemic levels: This means that you should choose whole foods rather than refined foods since they can help in slow surging of the blood sugar intake. This gives the body a chance to regulate the insulin efficiently instead raising the blood sugar levels.
- Indulge in endurance exercises: If you prefer endurance training, it can have a good effect on your insulin sensitivity. Endurance training can improve insulin sensitivity which decreases the requirement of insulin for clearing a considerable amount of glucose from the bloodstream.
Insulin is a vital hormone which can control your blood sugar levels. It secreted by the pancreas and help in removing the sugar in the blood. With these 8 simple lifestyle and dietary changes, you can improve the insulin utilization in your body. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women's gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB, as it is popularly called, can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy: Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps: Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding.
- Infections: General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding.
- Cancers: Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding. Diagnostic methods could include the following:
- Physical examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilatation and Curettage
Treatment: Needless to say, this would depend on the diagnosis. For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy. For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient. Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer: This would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases. So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after a year of menopause, do not ignore it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Anal fistula, a challenge for modern surgery, but can be cured with grade ksharsutra in Ayurveda (Indian system of medicine). Anal fistula is a disease for which different methods of treatment have been advocated time to time, even today when we are talking about robotic surgery, this disease has no satisfactory method of treatment in modern surgery. The latest method of video assisted anal fistula treatment (VAAFT) is not satisfactory due to high incidences of recurrence after the surgery. But at Sushruta Anorectal Institute New Delhi; with the help of Graded KsharsutraTM all these patients of complex Anal fistula are being successfully treated.
In Ayurveda about 2000 yrs ago Acharya Sushruta has indicated ksharsutra treatment to treat fistula-in-ano. Late professor P J Deshpandey at the faculty of Ayurveda Institute of Medical Sciences B H U; had done extensive research in this field and established a treatment module to cure this disease. In 1990 Indian council of medical research has clinically evaluated this Ayurvedic treatment module at four premiere institutes in our country including AIIMS Delhi & PGI Chandigarh. Subsequently, it was concluded by I.C.M.R. that in the patients of fistula in ano, ksharsutra treatment is more effective& convenient as compared to modern surgery.
Ksharsutra is a thread coated with certain Ayurvedic medicines known for their antiseptic, debridement & healing properties. After u v sterilization this medicated thread (ksharsutra) is used under complete aseptic precautions in the patients. The patient is routinely investigated with special reference to any other associated disorder like hypertension, diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis etc. The next step lies in the proper identification& evaluation of the fistulous tract. It is mandatory to define the fistula tract wrt its depth, direction & branching pattern. This may be achieved by careful probing under expert hands using malleable probes& if required help may be taken from other investigations like x-ray fistulogram or MRI fistulogram.
Once the tract has been clearly defined the Ksharsutra is placed in it with the help of certain instruments, under local anesthesia. This entire procedure is usually completed in ten to fifteen mins. As there is no cutting of tissues hence no bleeding, no pain & patients can go home after half an hr rest in the daycare room. The medicine-coated on the thread is gradually released in the tract. The cumulative effect of the coated drugs exerts a powerful debridement effect on the fistula tract & induces healing by the fresh & healthy granulation tissues. Thus Ksharsutra is the mechanism of drug delivery precisely at the tissues involved.
Every seventh or tenth day the old sutra is replaced with a new Ksharsutra till there is a final cut through. It has been observed that the tract heals @ 0.5-1 cm per week. The post-operative complications like recurrence of the disease, fecal incontinence, bleeding is not seen with Ksharsutra treatment. Further, this therapy is performed as an OPD procedure. No general anesthesia & no hospitalization is required. Patient maintains his normal routine activities as usual during the treatment period.
We have been working on this disease including piles fissures & pilonidal sinus for the last 30 yrs. Here we have developed the concept of Graded KsharsutraTM which has given us a more effective & convenient way to treat anal fistula. At Sushruta Anorectai Institute we have treated on record thousands of patients of anal fistula from different states including overseas patients. We have records to prove that the patients of high anal complex fistula, those have been operated two or three times but failed to heal were successfully treated at this institute.